Dark Specced SM

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
and how useful will Supp sm be in NF when they nerf pbaoe to not go through doors/walls. as on US servers ive heard rvr is 75% keep taking. :p

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Zeratuhl said:
and how useful will Supp sm be in NF when they nerf pbaoe to not go through doors/walls. as on US servers ive heard rvr is 75% keep taking. :p

Dont forget they also add that pbae stun proccing thingy. Pbae gonna be useless in NF.

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Nimah™ said:
Dark specced kobby SM, con10 piety10 dex10 at start-up, what they like in rvr? Do they get groups regularly or usually found soloing, what average damage when fully toa'd and rr4-5+ ? Just a few questions, as i'm levelling my sm and never played bid before :p Currently do about 350damage on orange con mobs (neutral to my damage) and about 500-600 with a good crit.

Thanks
My sm has cap ToA armor, but is only RR4. Still, avarage dmg on albs (who are more then often without cold resist buff) is 450-500 dmg. And since my castspeed is as good as caped albs cloth wearers drop with 2-3 nukes. Never more then 3. Hibs on the other hand run with cold resist up, and i nuke them for ~350 dmg.

When im soloing Dark SM is > my BD... :eek:

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
In my opinion. Start out Sup. Its a lot better for PvE and probably low RR as well. Then when you have the TOA outfit all your artis are exped and you are RR4+ its best to respec for Dark.

Supp really only works vs the less good RvR groups. With the zillion pets around you can moc one zerg and die in the next.

So unless you play in very good stun / mes groups, go Dark.

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
Bonehead said:
My sm has cap ToA armor, but is only RR4. Still, avarage dmg on albs (who are more then often without cold resist buff) is 450-500 dmg. And since my castspeed is as good as caped albs cloth wearers drop with 2-3 nukes. Never more then 3. Hibs on the other hand run with cold resist up, and i nuke them for ~350 dmg.

When im soloing Dark SM is > my BD... :eek:

Aye, not many takes friars into their groups :)

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Dark is better if you cant rely on your healers or bodyguarder...I prefer supp tho, since we have very good healers and very good warrior.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I've seen dark sm's in action, and I have to agree with astona. 2.5 sec cast time spec life tap is a bit overpowered imo:-P

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Main problem with the Dark SM is that the lvl 45 nuke gets resisted alot, other then that the spec rox. Combine it with MoC and purge and it's silly overpowered but very fun indeed.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Supp is great in skilled groups and keep warfare (for now) but grab a Dark SM with some buffs and solo yourself to heaven..

Not to mention grouping with a dark runie.. :worthy:

Kitty has always been Supp, but i'd respec to dark if for some reason I'd start playing again.

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
if one caster in group then dark sm > supp sm
usually you dont need bg for dark (well you need but you can live without it)
so you can drop that bg guy and take another banelord zerk
dmg output will be higher, and there will be much more interrupts
supp is good for farming myrmidons tho

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Meril said:
ow no i wont get my rps ow wait .. how is the view from mtk? .. im normally in a hurry the few times im there in a day :kissit: :kissit: :kissit:
RvR guilds usually have that effect. I wouldn't know though, since I don't waste my time there.

What happened to you Meril? Is it the RP that's gotten to your head?

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
no, that's urine
it went wrong direction, directly into the head

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
Cracked said:
Main problem with the Dark SM is that the lvl 45 nuke gets resisted alot, other then that the spec rox. Combine it with MoC and purge and it's silly overpowered but very fun indeed.

the specc lifetap is lvl 47 fyi :p
and its not overpowered!! /em <gives the animists a dirty look :p)

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Whisperess said:
RvR guilds usually have that effect. I wouldn't know though, since I don't waste my time there.

What happened to you Meril? Is it the RP that's gotten to your head?

Meril has been a nice guy once? Oo

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Klonk said:
Meril has been a nice guy once? Oo

He actually used to be when he was in Tiwaz's Emissaries and farmed DF all the time :p

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Zeratuhl said:
the specc lifetap is lvl 47 fyi :p
and its not overpowered!! /em <gives the animists a dirty look :p)

Holy nerfs! My bad, it's 47 ofc, but im correct about the overpowered thingy.

Zeratuhl

Fledgling Freddie
Cracked said:
Holy nerfs! My bad, it's 47 ofc, but im correct about the overpowered thingy.

ye well.. we have to have something to counter with..

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
lol judging dark sm performance by some random dood picked up at mpk? Thats silly Meril :m00:

Speaking for myself, i didnt want to respec to dark either but when most nukers are single target DDing, spreading out fast, pbae is just a piece of shit against decent grps where as i said u will single DD. For that kind of nuking dark is a lot much better, add single Dex + red AE/Dexqui debuff top of that and it rox against enemy casters.

With caped resist pierce (yeh will get nerfed but for now) iam nuking 500-585 on albs, 400-500 on hibs. Doing this faster, with less mana as a supp sm would do... wont mention the hp leech from the nukes. Supp is good for insta farming low rr unbalanced albs at amg, but will have hard time against a decent caster grp (shit ranged DDs, did i say that already? :p)

Same player behind dark sm and supp sm will make DARK far superior over supp, just becouse the game is about single target nooking atm (and prolly will be)

About grp setups, it just comes down to the players rly... the best setup for my liking is :

3healer, 1 shamy, 1 dark sm, 1 supp rm, 1 supp bd, 1 warrior

We can get the most out of that, works for us... silly to argue about best setups, just find the ideal for your playerbase who you play together a lot imo4 :)

Meril

Fledgling Freddie
well listning all ppl darksm blababla ... zzzz

Anyway ill try writing on FH when im not tired and pissed of cause of add mania by all the "we dont add grps in emain".

Supp specced we use it for killing pets, works like a charm u should try it. pull assisttrain thats on your healurs to pbaoebox to kill it works offen, anyway groove's setup isent based on nuke dmg output, and well the using of zerkers .. we're focus on melee dmg and zerkers are dangerous,yes for 30 secs every 7 min or something, yes single target nuking and zerker dmg maybe enough, but nukers get interupted u said so yourself some time earlyer in your posts. Yes snaringtencs is sweet interupting .. but without stunn immunity it takes out a zerker .. dosent it ?

anyway supp specced sm fits the setup we're running with atm, yes we've tryed darkness, found the lack of petkilling annoying.

And about who is the most rp gaining sm sure its bc and ce, but then again we used whats home and ready to play .. so fare thise week we've used Bonehead-djiin-grawen-slanatea .. cant remember if we're used minni aswell .

About the things with rps raised to my head .. i dunno .. the lack of sleep last night might have turned me to the dark side.. about that, i dont really care wont say sorry if ive stepped on some bc feet .. only thing ill say sorry for is not stomping hard enough.

Darkness sm is proberly the way to go in NF, but it aint here yet .. will problerly hit eu in late november early december, when its here lets see how the rvr changes.

anyway gl out there .. and sorry for going off topic creator of teh thread

Meril

Fledgling Freddie
+and for the darkness sm we used .. astona slanatea(whoever was playing him) some moontribe guy cant remember name, .. should be ppl that knows how to play .. would say they aint randoms.

Nimah™

Loyal Freddie
Klonk said:
Hi, saw your post on SMs, if you need to transfer some money to mid/excal from alb/prydwen - give me a call, I need ca 5 p or so on alb, have my mains here on mid/excal :)
Sorry, trade has already been done :) Goodluck getting one anyway.

For you Klonk, as your PM box is full :p

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Thx, Nimah, nerf that quota on PMs..

Meril said:
About the things with rps raised to my head .. i dunno .. the lack of sleep last night might have turned me to the dark side.. about that, i dont really care wont say sorry if ive stepped on some bc feet .. only thing ill say sorry for is not stomping hard enough

You didn't stomp on any bc feet, m8, you missed :p

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
Meril said:
well listning all ppl darksm blababla ... zzzz

Anyway ill try writing on FH when im not tired and pissed of cause of add mania by all the "we dont add grps in emain".

have been reading cougar memoirs last night or what?
do you think i should buy a copy?

Supp specced we use it for killing pets, works like a charm u should try it. pull assisttrain thats on your healurs to pbaoebox to kill it works offen, anyway groove's setup isent based on nuke dmg output, and well the using of zerkers .. we're focus on melee dmg and zerkers are dangerous,yes for 30 secs every 7 min or something, yes single target nuking and zerker dmg maybe enough, but nukers get interupted u said so yourself some time earlyer in your posts. Yes snaringtencs is sweet interupting .. but without stunn immunity it takes out a zerker .. dosent it ?

if you have non afk shaman pets shouldnt be much of the problem
and 176 delve pbae should be enough to kill any pet except for fullbuffed simulacrum, in this case it's anyway better to kill that avalonian rather than his pet

anyway supp specced sm fits the setup we're running with atm, yes we've tryed darkness, found the lack of petkilling annoying.

And about who is the most rp gaining sm sure its bc and ce, but then again we used whats home and ready to play .. so fare thise week we've used Bonehead-djiin-grawen-slanatea .. cant remember if we're used minni aswell .

you can play with shadowblades or hunters in group, noone will care
the guy asked whether dark specced sms get groups or not
and the fact that top sms on excalibur are dark specced says for itself

About the things with rps raised to my head .. i dunno .. the lack of sleep last night might have turned me to the dark side.. about that, i dont really care wont say sorry if ive stepped on some bc feet .. only thing ill say sorry for is not stomping hard enough.

love you too
:fluffle:

Darkness sm is proberly the way to go in NF, but it aint here yet .. will problerly hit eu in late november early december, when its here lets see how the rvr changes.

anyway gl out there .. and sorry for going off topic creator of teh thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom