Dark age of Camelot - a bad name for this game?

V

vargen

Just a thought..
I think the root to the overpopulation in the realm of albion is because of the games name.
Could it be that manny younger kiddies who went to the gamestore & bought the game thought that the game was ALL about Camelot, Merlin and king arthur etc... so manny joined Albion just because of that? =/ .. I really believe so.

They should have named it Battle of the realms (or maybe not ;P) but the gamename should have been neutral.
The game has turned into "Dark age of Midgard & Hibernia" because of the games name. :/

Sometimes my IRL friend from Albion lets me play on his account.
When im in Albion and do /who emain there can sometimes be 110+ albs running around there when theres like only 50-60 mids around and running in FGs.

This is not a whine. I just think that the games name might be bad for trhe games population balance.

sorry for my bad english.. (at least i think it suxx0rs.)

M

makgsnake

they might of looked at each realm and thought, omg look at that paladin in his plate he looks ub0r, then saw somthing like a firbolg and thought WTF IS DAT ? :p

B

Bellona

Originally posted by vargen

Sometimes my IRL friend from Albion lets me play on his account.

spy! :rolleyes:

yes, gamename should have been more neutral, ur point aint that bad

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I think it is a fair name.

~cough~ Bonedancers, Savages, Chanters etc etc. :p

T

Trinilim

It's a completely fair name if you know the background of the game :)

All 3 realms used to be in an alliance held together by King Arthur of Camelot.

Then he died and the realms split apart (metaphorically speaking) and shut each other off from one another.

All 3 realms want to dominate one another, you know, whoever has the most land is the greatest, etc. So that's why we're all at constant war.

And just to further prove my point, what does the visur in alb say when he ports people to mid/hib?

Something along the lines of the following:

From the earth to the moon, go and reclaim the land that has been lost from the fair light of camelot.

G

Galiryn

sooooo

if the name was "Dark Age of Pr0nalot" more people would have run around without armor hugging eachother ?

H

hercules-df

i think it should be called NOEL EDMUNDS BEARD!

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by Trinilim
All 3 realms want to dominate one another, you know, whoever has the most land is the greatest, etc. So that's why we're all at constant war.

1 zerg to rule them all :>

V

vargen

Kinda funny how the repliers are 100% albs.. o_O omg.. im the last midgardian ingame? X_x

jk btw.

F

fl3a

Originally posted by Trinilim
And just to further prove my point, what does the visur in alb say when he ports people to mid/hib?

Something along the lines of the following:

From the earth to the moon, go and reclaim the land that has been lost from the fair light of camelot.

yeah and the dude who ports in hib says something like "rid the lands of the barbarians (mids) and fools (albs)"

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by fl3a
yeah and the dude who ports in hib says something like "rid the lands of the barbarians (mids) and fools (albs)"

yeah, the fools must indeed be the albs :clap:

oh, and before every alb starts to flame this, Glasny is ofc generalisating so she might just not mean everyone (read: you). ;)

V

vargen

Originally posted by fl3a
rofl.

R

Repent Reloaded

I picked Albion first becoz.... well its albion, it looks the best realm by far on the box, think about it, Armsmen (plate,polearms) Wizards, clerics etc... looks cool fantasy style, then i noticed its full of nobshankes so i moved to mid, mid has a dark misty atmos with Trolls, dark lands, vikings (the bad guys) so i went for them, hib just looks like mario world so i didnt even look at it twice.

after i did some of the quests in alb and mid it sprung to me that albion are the bad guys, they dont respect the other two realms races or religions, making them racist twats.
Merlin hates elfs, thats fo0kin racist, some dude outside of camelot hates mids/ misunderstands mids religions.

Nazies>Albion

C

chi_

Originally posted by Repent Reloaded
I picked Albion first becoz.... well its albion, it looks the best realm by far on the box, think about it, Armsmen (plate,polearms) Wizards, clerics etc... looks cool fantasy style, then i noticed its full of nobshankes so i moved to mid, mid has a dark misty atmos with Trolls, dark lands, vikings (the bad guys) so i went for them, hib just looks like mario world so i didnt even look at it twice.

after i did some of the quests in alb and mid it sprung to me that albion are the bad guys, they dont respect the other two realms races or religions, making them racist twats.
Merlin hates elfs, thats fo0kin racist, some dude outside of camelot hates mids/ misunderstands mids religions.

Nazies>Albion

And suddenly it all becomes clear.

N

-Nuked-

as usual it was a money making decision imo :p the name helped to sell the game .. use the word camelot and your gana make some money on an RPG. problem is still that camelot is in albion :rolleyes: i 100% agree for equal population you dont name the game after a city in 1 of the realms.. maybe if they had made the game where the main aim is it to take control of camelot or something ... look at planetside, sure it sucks like hell but its quite balanced

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by Repent Reloaded

Nazies>Albion

:rolleyes: .. please tell me im not alone when i say ... WHAT THE FUCK!

S

sirexairman

I sense Much anger in you Repent , work at overcoming it and come to Albion and fight for the glory of Camelot ;)

K

Kagato.

how about because it IS the dark age of camelot ? Arthurs dead, albion is falling and the realm needs to build its defense because the midgards who they beat of before are now coming back again and hibernia is jumping on the band wagon too, its hardly the dark age of midgard seeing as they are the ones making the renewed assault.

Read the story.

N

-Nuked-

just coz its camelots 'dark age' doesnt mean the game must be called dark age of camelot :rolleyes: how about hibernia's uprising :p then hibernia gets all of albions noobs :p story is ... arthurs dead, albion is falling and the realm is ready to attack!

i guarantee we would have the highest population, cant prove it ofc but still .. pritty obvious

G

Gewny

dont think the name matters much. Its the names and descripton of the classes and world that matters most :

Example one :
Wizard vs Runemaster and Eldricht = da kiddies only know what Wizard are :)

Example two : Paladins (in most rpg games paladins are the leet dude) vs Thane (what is that ?)

S

StormriderX

Dark Age of Nerfalot would be more fitting imo ;)

R

Riddler

and all the UK/German server names, Excalibur, Prydwen, Stonehenge, Avalon, Lyonesse, Dartmoor

all albion zones/keeps/spots ;|

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by -Nuked-
nuked 1 - 0 Kagato. :D

Yeah right, you wish.

Read the first paragraph in the manual, its all about Arthur and Camelot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom