Impressed DareDevil (Netflix)

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Just finished watching it, the last episode was awesome

he finally dons the suit in the final showdown with Fisk, so good

Edmond

In some way I'm glad they haven't lingered on what his abilities are, as most people watching it know the background and what he is capable of

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Which bit did you disagree with, that I think its good, or the blind acting comment?
@Edmond I have absolutely no fucking idea when or how I disagreed with what you said mate. Stupid phone typing.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
he finally dons the suit in the final showdown with Fisk, so good

Well I have to admit
I preferred him without the red suit. I know it's a Marvel show but until that point it wasn't very comic book and I liked it that way :)

Overall, very well done. This is the kind of show I thought Gotham should have been like (still not a fan), something with a bit more grit and darkness.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm up to episode five. Still good. I also probably won't come back onto this thread until I've finished it now, because I keep itching to open those spoiler tags. And I can't go onto the GoT thread at all because of a. the bellend that leaked five episodes, and b. the bellends like Job who'll talk about them.

Only thing I miss from this series is that other than the odd-reference, it maybe isn't MCU-enough for me (and yes I know that's why other people like it). Just like in the comics I love all the crossover stuff, but this will almost certainly be restricted to its own little Netflix subset, even though with Spider-Man now in the MCU it would be almost impossible for DD and Spider-Man to exist in the same city without covering the same ground at some point. And of course SHIELD would definitely be sniffing around.

DaGaffer

Funny you should say that, they are already planning an Agents of Shield spin off - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/agents-shield-spinoff-abc-787522

When will it end!

Read about that; seems to be more of an Agent Carter replacement than anything else. But that's kind of my point; that show will be on ABC, so despite being in the MCU, won't mix with any of the Netflix shows, and its probably tricky for the Netflix shows to dovetail with the movies either because of the way the whole series arrives at once (it could be done, but I doubt with anything like the impact with schedule TV the the way the AOS/Winter Soldier thing went).

Edmond

Read about that; seems to be more of an Agent Carter replacement than anything else. But that's kind of my point; that show will be on ABC, so despite being in the MCU, won't mix with any of the Netflix shows, and its probably tricky for the Netflix shows to dovetail with the movies either because of the way the whole series arrives at once (it could be done, but I doubt with anything like the impact with schedule TV the the way the AOS/Winter Soldier thing went).
Even though it's on Netflix, it has been made by ABC

DaGaffer

Even though it's on Netflix, it has been made by ABC

I know; ABC are owned by Disney, but once its on a different network the rights environment is more complex (having said that I wouldn't be surprised if ABC didn't syndicate the Netflix shows later)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Great series... Loved the finale

Trem

Getting towards the end of this now and still enjoying it apart from a couple of things.

1. Private Piles acting is god awful, just dreadful, he can obviously only play one role.
2. Don't talk to me about anyone being fit in anything when it has Rosario Dawson in it, because if she's in something then no one else comes close, and to say Private Piles woman is attractive is just bang wrong. She looks like a fucking ferret with make-up on @Edmond :eek:

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Just started watching it, so naturally haven't read the thread, but am I the only one annoyed by the Batman voice both Daredevil and Fisk does?

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Just finished watching it, really enjoyed it but...

anyone else feel a bit let down by the last episode? Felt like a bit of an anticlimax after all the great build-up

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm up to episode five. Still good. I also probably won't come back onto this thread until I've finished it now, because I keep itching to open those spoiler tags. And I can't go onto the GoT thread at all because of a. the bellend that leaked five episodes, and b. the bellends like Job who'll talk about them.
Just got slated in the GoT thread for moaning about that :)

Anyway. Finished watching Daredevil last night. Enjoyed it.

The suit's gay tho. But I was a fan of private pile - he was cool

:)

And what @cog said.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Agreed .. Suit WAS very gay. So glad he wore the sexy tight Lycra instead.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've just finished this. I liked it a lot, although I'm confused by Karen's look at the camera near the end.

Edmond

I've just finished this. I liked it a lot, although I'm confused by Karen's look at the camera near the end.
Jeez @Tom that was back in April, I cant remember that far back.

Hang on, I still have it on the pc, i'll go have a looksee

*edit* Hmm, I see what you mean, not sure if she knows something or is planning something maybe?

Last edited:

Trem

Fuck @Tom, it isn't our fault he's slow on these things. I can barely remember who Daredevil is and I have no idea who Karen is. Is she the blonde one out of Mr. Robot?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I was watching sttng in hd over summer, that took ages :)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Just watched 4 eps of S2... Wonderful stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom