DAOC your first MMORPG?

O

old.job

If so have you tried others? I have tried a few and I can't enjoy them cos they aint like DAOC.
It's a bit like being born in DAOC, you can travel around but here ain't no place like home.

A

Addlcove

daoc was my first aye

haven´t tried others... :)

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by old.job
If so have you tried others? I have tried a few and I can't enjoy them cos they aint like DAOC.
It's a bit like being born in DAOC, you can travel around but here ain't no place like home.
For me it's my first. I was on the beta for earth and beyond but got bored of that before it even went gold. SWG was appealing, but it doesn't much at the moment since going live, WOW is something I'm waiting for though.

F

Fafnir

Aye, my first. Have tried others, but this is the best out forsale atm. The future will show if there are any others that can take its place. And i hope that will happen. To much uber chars only hunts atm.

C

Cyradix

Was an UO addict for a very long time before DAoC ;)

E

Esoteric

This was/is my first one ^^

Played planetside for a while.

May play wow/ryzom or get toa when it is launched depends kind of on the state of the game.

E

etaew

yer first..
tried Everquest and Plannetside after.. but nothing beats daoc rvr

T

Twaize

Originally posted by fl3a
yeah its my first.. and prolly last.

Why? MMORPG's are wonderfull!

I have played (before daoc): EVE (BETA), Everquest and Asherons Call. After: Planetside and SWG!

But nothing beats DAoC! I am retired atm but might be coming back!

T

the_smurflord

Yes this was my first and a real-eye opener.

Tried Planetside and SWG, but got bored of them really quickly.
Trying the competition makes you realise just how good and cheap this game is in comparison.

L

Lumikki

I played EverQuest for about 3 years, before that UO for a couple of years :) Next I will try WoW when it comes out!

xx

B

Brynn

Started with Daoc - tried Neocron and Planetside. I kept coming back coz i made good friends here :p

S

suliven

Played Ultima Online a few years back, which was fun at the time. When compared to DAOC though in terms of gameplay, graphics, grouping, rvr, etc, etc there's no comparison!

One thing that was better though was that you could get a horse to take you where you wanted, not the robotic 'horses on rails' that we have to put up with.....

N

Nivellen

My first real internet RPG was a mud called Realms of Despair (a text based rpg game on the internet for those who do not know). I think it's still being run, its available at http://www.game.org.
Then I tried Anarchy Online - for about 2 weeks or so, didn't like it much I'm afraid. Later in a month or so a friend made my try DAoC; I couldn't help it but I really liked it, got to level 38 with my wizard and I was very sick of leveling - I took a 8 month break from it. During that I checked out many other MMOG's, Anarchy Online again (this time around I loved it, got myself a shiny Yalmaha), SW:Galaxies beta, and lots of other betas.
After many adventures with other games, I've come back to DAoC and am very addicted up to today.
I must say that the best MMORPGs I have ever played are #1 DAoC, #2 Anarchy Online; also enjoyed SWG lots (only beta tho). Best graphics were in Asherons Call 2 - loved them but the game itself proved boring.

F

Flimgoblin

I played everquest for 4 levels, found out the "newbie friendly" bit stops at level 4, lost all my kit being eaten by something whilst trying to find somewhere to bake the bread bits I'd bought (you'd think an option to "run away" would be in the game below about level 20....) and gave up :)

fact I didn't have a home internet connection at the time probably didn't help - I was playing from a friends house.

F

fl3a

Originally posted by Twaize
Why? MMORPG's are wonderfull!

i know :)

but from all the different MMORPG's i have tested DAoC is the only one i really like(d). i will play DAoC till i get tired of MMORPG's :p

K

klavrynd

uo,eq and this

must admit this is the first game that got me carried away that much

F

freakyphil

I started off on Everquest. Rapidly got very bored with that and gave up on my cleric at level 28.

Tried EVE Online and quit within two weeks of starting it as I found it just toooooo dull. :(

Been on DAOC now for about two months and absolutely love it! Although some of my friends are on SW:G and are trying to get me to try that out...

K

Khalen

DAOC is my first MMORPG as well. I was totally blown away when the open beta was installed and running on my pc. So much to explore, so much to hunt, so cool to talk with people online who play the same game.

I've just bought FFXI, wanted to see what an other MMORPG would be like. Ofcourse DAOC is pretty advanced already but still wanted to see if the spirit was still in me, the thrill of something new. I've not regret playing daoc once although I have questioned my chars and server to play on.

O

oblivion_6

i first tried EQ then went to lineaeg then came here and luv it so much

went to SWG for about a month and was back fast as lightning ;)

T

Tasans

First started with T4C then went to eq for a some time untill i got bored and gave it away. Then daoc with some planetside breaks.

D

Damon_D

Played UO for more than 4 years , had they not introduced trammel I would still be playing the game , thou the graphics engine sure could use a work-over . The freedome to play the game they way you wanted to, was just plain awesome

T

Tesla Monkor

I played Everquest for a whole of 30min. Didn't like it, uninstalled and never played again.

Months later a friend from the US told me about DAOC and been hooked since. :)

T

talen_sun

heh, my reply from the "are people quitting daoc?" is also applicable to this thread... heres a copy/paste of it...

Well, I left about 6 months ago, and don't regret leaving. I did pop on a couple time after I first went, but haven't been back for about 4 months now.

I'm not gonna slag off the game, I had some bloody fantastic times on DAoC. It will always be remembered as my first ever MMORPG, and nothing can take that away.

I moved onto SWG, which I won't say is better, but I will say, that at this moment in time, I would rather play SWG then DAoC.

I'm sure in about 12 months time, there'll be a new MMORPG available that I will give up Star Wars for.

The way I see it, it's like everything else in life.... As you get rid of your old car and buy a new one, get rid of that 4:3 telly and buy a widescreen, whatever...

I've just moved on, I'll liked DAoC, I had good times and bad times there, just like everything else.

Long Live DAoC, may it be fondly remembered, looked after and enjoyed by many

L

Legolias

Nope, Asherons Call was my first mmorpg and I enjoyed it a lot. It just grew old, and too many damn programs from Decal n stuff to add. It became cheater/macro heaven and that's no fun ;/

Then I started on Daoc 2 yrs ago and since then been playing it (with two times 2 months break or so) and I'm still enjoying it.

I will move to WoW though when it comes out. :)

E

Ezeine

Yup my first also. Haven't tried others since I see no need for that atm. Can honestly say that DAoC changed me a bit. Singleplayer games don't appeal to me anymore ;)

A

Aule Valar

doac was my first
and haven't been tempted by others, mainly due to rvr

and i agree i've gone off single player games now, i play doac for the people more than the game itself really

O

old.job

Yup single player is a no-no for me now, Imagine logging into DAOC and not finding a single other person in there, nothing but AI mobs.

It would be too depressing for words.

I do believe a lot of people forget what an amazing illusion it provides, running around in a grp of magical characters from all over Europe, all seeing the same scenery , you see a grp of enemy players pop into view, and 16 people all over the place think

'Here we go!!!'

Amazing and these games will be remembered as MATRIX version .00001

Users who are viewing this thread