DAoC Real Life meeting - Dec. 2nd-4th

Rickie

Can't get enough of FH
Megarevs said:
I like the idea, but I think fredericia is a bit far out. Aarhus or Copenhagen would be alot better and you should be able to find a place to sleep or just do as the sweds, pupe in a telephone box and sleep there. :cheers:
Im guessing you're saying about 500 dkr? or 600-700?

The idea with renting a cottage is that we can all ( 142 ppl ) sleep at the place where we have the party. That way ppl stay together and the party wont break up.
What the prices will be; we can tell you when we have an estimate of how many will be there.
To rent a room in the city ( Fredericia) will be more expencive. And ofc much more in Copenhagen/Århus!
My guess is 500 - 700 can cover 2 x breakfast, 2 x dinner and rent of cottage where we all can sleep. But we really cant say the exact prices yet.

/mum

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Dilanta said:
Hey you friendly, hospital danish people out there - advice needed. =)

I've managed to find flights from Stockholm to Billund, but I can't say they were cheap, around €500 for two persons, and then one should be able to take a bus to Vejle and then train to Frederica. Is that the easiest way to go? And is there a cheaper way by air (to darn old to be doing the long bus ride thingie)?

Or is it wiser to fly in to Copenhagen and take train to Frederica from there?

Its wiser for the few people living in Fredrica to take the train to Copenhagen to have the meet there. Only plane ticket costs ~500 euro to get to Copenhagen and back home for me :( nurf north of sweden

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Heta said:
Its wiser for the few people living in Fredrica to take the train to Copenhagen to have the meet there. Only plane ticket costs ~500 euro to get to Copenhagen and back home for me :( nurf north of sweden

You didn't read the posts above? :)
Copenhagen is kewl and such, but in Fredericia we don't have to pay £56 per night for the cheapest reliable 1 person hotel room.

Gimme a few mins, I'm sorting the big info post atm.

Tosen

Part of the furniture
I might have a few tricks left... Lemme post it when mum gets home from work (~post should be up@ dinner time).

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
IRL meeting

Ok the thing is:

I live in portugal wich is the furthest country from denmark (except Italy/greece). I dont have any direct plains from portugal to denmark so i would have to stop in london anyway.

I only have a plain from 1 dec and can return at 4 dec at a reasonable price of 230€ airport taxes included. Arrives at Copenhagen tho, so if you are planing at Fredrica wil defenetly need info on how to get there.
The second problem is that plain gets there at 1 dec not 2dec so i´ll need a place to stay wicht im counting on tosen or his mom to tell me were.

Regards

Tzare

Loyal Freddie
Kinetix said:
Ok the thing is:

I live in portugal wich is the furthest country from denmark (except Italy/greece). I dont have any direct plains from portugal to denmark so i would have to stop in london anyway.

I only have a plain from 1 dec and can return at 4 dec at a reasonable price of 230€ airport taxes included. Arrives at Copenhagen tho, so if you are planing at Fredrica wil defenetly need info on how to get there.
The second problem is that plain gets there at 1 dec not 2dec so i´ll need a place to stay wicht im counting on tosen or his mom to tell me were.

Regards

Theres a trainstation at the airport, that train will take you directly to fredericia.

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Kinetic, due to your long journey, feel free to sleep over at our place, Nathanie will be sleeping here aswell :)

I updated the page with some travelling info (takes insane time to do, so have patience)

Toby

Tosen

Part of the furniture
WTF are you swedes flying in!? Private Jets?! jcomfgtmnacmaas?!

Omg :/ I'm sure u can do it cheaper, I'll upload the cheapest way _I_ could find it however - soon.

...it's seriously insane! I can travel from denmark to geece with a hotel paid, cheaper than you can get a plain down here!

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
helsinki -> copenhagen = 120~e roundtrip. too expensive -_o

Zede

Part of the furniture
ok im a little confused here.

In English, a cottage is a small house in the country.

140+ rooms is not a cottage, its a bloody huge hotel.

Please explain :

Does this place have a web site I can view ?

Does it have a working bar ?

It it actually a hotel ?

If ironflacon is cooking, is the place like, ahmm empty ?

& other related questions !

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Zede said:

Please explain :

It it actually a hotel ?

Oki doki mate, I'll include all this in the general info.

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Tosen said:
I updated the page with some travelling info (takes insane time to do, so have patience)
Toby

\o>

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
Plane ticket £220~
cottage £70~
Drinking £50-100~
Food(other than brunch) £15-25~
Then add cab/train whatever.

Am not trying to sound negative here ( even if it's impossible not to ) but it's quite expensive for a weekend of fun really.

Have fun you who are going.

Rickie

Can't get enough of FH
Niroth said:
Am not trying to sound negative here ( even if it's impossible not to ) but it's quite expensive for a weekend of fun really.

Well.... we are trying to make it for the lowest cost possible!

Tosen

Part of the furniture
We would really love to keep working on the planning, even though it's alot of work.
But I havn't yet seen a possitive post about the meeting, I need some feedback of people saying they want to participate and sign-up on the homepage.

If we place it the cheap place all we hear is people asking us have it in another town, and if it's in the place where people want to have it, it'll be alot too pricey.

Do you want us to keep on planning?

Gulag Vilse

Fledgling Freddie
Keep planning i say.
Nice going so far, and why do all need to know who to get from the airport or trainstation now?
The local train/bus ticket will not get more expencive to buy later.

Book the flight or train ticket now, and then fix your other transport to and from the airport/trainstation of your choise. :)

Ohh its not that far to the german border for us Swede's to buy some cheep beer for x-mass : )

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
9.99 GBP

Fri, 02 Dec 05
Flight FR7282
12:45 Depart London Stansted (STN)
15:10 Arrive Esbjerg (EBJ)

whoever said 220pound for a plane ticket is off thier rocker...

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds well organized and a real good laugh,just two things stopping me coming Damn Work and The Evil Ring Of d00m (The wife) :)
Hope to see full camera of pics posted afterwards guys :worthy:

Tosen

Part of the furniture
!!Last day for sign up is the 28th this month!!B]

So don't forget to sign up :) It'll be a blast.

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
Morphius said:
9.99 GBP

Fri, 02 Dec 05
Flight FR7282
12:45 Depart London Stansted (STN)
15:10 Arrive Esbjerg (EBJ)

whoever said 220pound for a plane ticket is off thier rocker...

Oh really, YOU can fly with ryanair, I can't? I'll have to fly with SAS or some other scandinavian flight.

God, it costs loads just going up north the country by flight here in sweden.

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Niroth you're right - the prices for swedes is insane!
But to keep this in the context of planning a meeting, there's really not much I can do about the swedish airline tickets, so I'm sad you have to pay those 2100skr, but all swedes have to so no use of you mentioning it here :)
Hope you understand, but it's not helping the mood of the planners that you criticise the prices.

Kindest Regards
Toby

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
Sorry Toby, just bad at taking witty comments from people who can't get their facts right.

I'll stop being a negative arse and let you continue your planning ;)

Take care, Seth

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH

Zede said:

Please explain :

It it actually a hotel ?

he's a chef... that would be why he is cooking:)

have a good time all... im already going at new years so not coming twice, as im a poor scummy student:p
hope you have a good time, and get some good piccies!

Rickie

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:

Please explain :

It it actually a hotel ?

Q: Does this place have a web site I can view ?
A: Nope ... but i've just asked for some pic, and as soon as i get em i will put em on the website.

Q: Does it have a working bar ?
A: Nope..... as it is a cottage ppl can rent for events like this there is noone else than us there. But we will ofc make a bar... and get it working the weekend we hold the meeting. We will even drive to Germany and buy cheap beer and sell them for costprice only!

Q: It it actually a hotel ?
A: No... it IS a cottage ... and it is not with 142 rooms... but room for 142 ppl. Some of us will have to sleep in the same room.

Q: If ironflacon is cooking, is the place like, ahmm empty ?
A: I hope not.... if so, who would he be cooking for. I hope all you guys is there to eat what Iron is cooking.
But again ... there is not like ppl coming in from the street to get a dinner... only Prydwen-players will be there!

/mum

Dilanta

Fledgling Freddie
Tosen said:
Niroth you're right - the prices for swedes is insane!
But to keep this in the context of planning a meeting, there's really not much I can do about the swedish airline tickets, so I'm sad you have to pay those 2100skr, but all swedes have to so no use of you mentioning it here :)

Well, the swedes with lots of patience can catch a Ryanair from Nyköping to London (about 500 sek for both ways) and then go with the £9.99 thingie to Denmark. That makes a total under 650 sek.
I don't fly with Ryanair, but I guess it's an alternative for those who do.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
I'm coming if I can crash at Toby's house !!!!!!111 Omg we can go find some girls and get absolutly mashed !!!!!!!11111

Opps don't tell mum that, unless..... she wants to come and we can find her a nice bloke :D

Dilanta

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, and I forgot to add the link to Flynordic - a swedish lowprice airline. http://www.flynordic.com/ They have tickets for around 1000 sek.

And also, SAS have changed their price policy on trips within Scandinavia, and now charge around 1200 sek for a ticket to Copenhagen. I just noticed that on their website.

Dilanta

Fledgling Freddie
Bummer - missed to include that the train ticket within Denmark is around 670 sek both ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom