DAoC Real Life meeting - Dec. 2nd-4th

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Ok, the date is set, and the location now all we need is a picture of how many will be there.

Check this site for current info.

Feel free to write me a mail (not pm) or anything regarding questions to the meeting.

Kindest Regards
Toby

Gareivil_GK

Fledgling Freddie
Quick question tho..

Where is it?

CPH or Somewhere in the dark jutland?

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
Reading the Real-Life Meet section on their site, suggests to me that it should take place about 4 miles outside Fredericia. There's also a map on the site, but if you can't find Fredericia then this map might help:

denmark.gif

:p

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
Oysterboy said:
Reading the Real-Life Meet section on their site, suggests to me that it should take place about 4 miles outside Fredericia. There's also a map on the site, but if you can't find Fredericia then this map might help:

denmark.gif

:p

why cant we meet up in lolland? :<

Tzare

Loyal Freddie
Seems like we are going to Nelly or One saturday :cheers:
Was Miss Wet T-shrit contest at Nellys last saturday, missed it tho due to one to many beers :mad:
Shame they stopped "duble up" on all drinks, but they might start it again before you pepps will arrive ;)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
maybe put it at a copenhagen or something insted? so its easier for people to get to

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Arranging a meet for just a couple of people near your hometown would be good, but we're talking tens and tens and that seems to be an ass to get to and it adds to the expenses, so I would suggest that it was held in the capital or somewhere more close.

It will honestly be a problem to get there for many people, if not a problem, atleast something that would put them off from coming to the meet.

Rather large meetups, foreign country + tricky travelling of some 200km in a smelly bus doesn't sound so convenient.

Tzare

Loyal Freddie
SoulFly said:
Arranging a meet for just a couple of people near your hometown would be good, but we're talking tens and tens and that seems to be an ass to get to and it adds to the expenses, so I would suggest that it was held in the capital or somewhere more close.

It will honestly be a problem to get there for many people, if not a problem, atleast something that would put them off from coming to the meet.

Rather large meetups, foreign country + tricky travelling of some 200km in a smelly bus doesn't sound so convenient.

Did´nt even know Tosen was danish before reacently :)

If you are flying with Ryanair from the UK <London area>, the only 2 locations, as far as I know, you can fly to is Aarhus and Esbjerg <same island as fredericia, north and west>.

Flying to Esbjerg, is the easiest. Theres a bus from the airport to the trainstation <short drive> and then a train dirctly from Esbjerg to Fredericia <about a 45mins iirc>.

If you take the Aarhus plain, its first a 45 mins drive from the airport to the trainstation in Aarhus and then about an hour to Fredericia <iirc>.

This might help.

http://www.rejseplanen.dk/bin/query.exe/en?

Hope some of all this was to some help for some of you.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Helps alot, should be some kinda info how to get to the meet.

Anyhow, you sure people won't arrange one in London? ;|

Dilanta

Fledgling Freddie
Hey you friendly, hospital danish people out there - advice needed. =)

I've managed to find flights from Stockholm to Billund, but I can't say they were cheap, around €500 for two persons, and then one should be able to take a bus to Vejle and then train to Frederica. Is that the easiest way to go? And is there a cheaper way by air (to darn old to be doing the long bus ride thingie)?

Or is it wiser to fly in to Copenhagen and take train to Frederica from there?

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
SoulFly said:

goddamnit i agree with SF

CuddleBunny!

Banned
well, if you people that is flying from london get on the same plane and travel together it should be quite alot more easy for you..
me and DavidH will come either by car or by train/buss from le Norway :> ... i think xD

Tosen

Part of the furniture
If you had any idea how many people I've heard mention they had no money and didn't want to pay loads for hotels and such, you'd fall over laughing!
I can't both find you a cheap hotel, and make it in the Copenhagen area, it's really not that easy, let me check it out though.
Since noone said they wanted to arrange it other than me mum and Ironfalcon, I guess you shouldn't really say so many things just yet.

SF, what 200km bus drive? We have 2 major airports (Billund and Kastrup), Kastrup is a few minutes from Copenhagen center, Billund is 30 mins by train from Fredericia.

Copenhagen offers alot of things to see, and such, but is very pricey.
Fredericia offers a great social experience, and is quite cheap.

Please make up creative arguments for not planning it in Fredericia, since SF don't know the least about Fredericia I find his post a bit.... silly.

Kindest Regards
Toby

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
IRL meeting

You really should be more precise on how to go from airports to destination. And as far as I know the air tickets for going and returning make a total of 150€ minimum :S (from portugal - the other side of europe)

How cold is there in Dec?

Were do we meet?

How will I recognize ppl?

What places are there to sleep and how much are they for night?

Regards

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Tosen said:
SF, what 200km bus drive? We have 2 major airports (Billund and Kastrup), Kastrup is a few minutes from Copenhagen center, Billund is 30 mins by train from Fredericia.

Copenhagen offers alot of things to see, and such, but is very pricey.
Fredericia offers a great social experience, and is quite cheap.

Please make up creative arguments for not planning it in Fredericia, since SF don't know the least about Fredericia I find his post a bit.... silly.

Kindest Regards
Toby

I just wrote the points YOU should've provided to everyone already so such questions and thoughts wouldn't arise. If you don't want us to be "creative", then please provide more information.

I've got nothing against the stated place, just the information provided about it made it look and feel like a very remote location.

Rickie

Can't get enough of FH
Just keep the questions comming guys, and we will asap try to answer them the best we can.
Working on it..... but plz be patient. This is the first time we arrange something like this.

Q: You really should be more precise on how to go from airports to destination.
A: We will post some links for you. Fredericia is the very middle of Denmark and have connections direct to all airports in Denmark.

Q:How cold is there in Dec?
A:About -10 - +10 i guess. Google plz.

Q:Were do we meet?
A:Me and Toby will meet you at the locasion in Fredericia as we live nearby, but im sure there are other who have to get here by plane/train who will be happy to join you on the journey. You will however arrange that your self.

Q:How will I recognize ppl?
A:You wont as you havent see us yet.... but we can wear funny hats and make /stick ofc. :D
The cottage we have rented is only for us.... noone else will be at the cottage. So.... if you are at the location and you meet someone there.... they are players!

Q:What places are there to sleep and how much are they for night?
A:The cottage have room for 142 ppl with bath/beds for all. We got a very nice offer on the price on the cottage, and that way we can keep it on very low cost for all. But we cant give you precise prices befor we know how many will come. More pll = lower prices. But for sure.... you cant find a room anywhere nearby cheaper, - and I think it will be nice to keep ppl in one place during the week-end.

If anyone have more questions we will try to answer them the best way we can.

:cheers:

/mum

Rickie

Can't get enough of FH
Toby here, just using mum's logged in computer :p

I know Soulfly, it was written pretty much in a hurry to provide information to GoA who is considering to attend to the meeting.
I will provide much much more information asap :)
It's not remote at all, but I will explain when I get home from work, I just had to drop off a pizza in the neighbourhood from where I live, so stopped by at home ;)

<hug> Soulfly :cheers:

And I bet u'll love our "Ryan's On the Square" :)
but more info later

Gamah

Banned
I am gonna go, who wants to be my bodyguards to protect me from attack of the FH horde! :(

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Hiya folks, it's a bit of a work, I'll get some of the info done tomorrow, quite busted atm :)
Expect it sometime tomorrow :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aww it sounds soo cool i wanna come and meet the tosens, unless i win the lotto i cant come but i really hope youll post lots of piccys, maybe you could do like an episode of 24 with real time posts of events, puking etc as it happens hehehehe

(just incase i do win lotto, whens the final date you can sign up for coming please?)

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
Gamah said:
I am gonna go, who wants to be my bodyguards to protect me from attack of the FH horde! :(

Im going to add on you! Or attack you when you're afk!

Might be going too, high season october > march at work, so really depends. Might get 2 days off work ( friday and monday ) I'll ask the one in charge first :)

Kaitlyn

One of Freddy's beloved
SoulFly said:
Anyhow, you sure people won't arrange one in London? ;|

If enough people want i'm sure it's not too much problem to have two meets, one in Denmark and one in London.

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
I like the idea, but I think fredericia is a bit far out. Aarhus or Copenhagen would be alot better and you should be able to find a place to sleep or just do as the sweds, pupe in a telephone box and sleep there. :cheers:
Im guessing you're saying about 500 dkr? or 600-700?

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Megarevs said:
I like the idea, but I think fredericia is a bit far out. Aarhus or Copenhagen would be alot better and you should be able to find a place to sleep or just do as the sweds, pupe in a telephone box and sleep there. :cheers:
Im guessing you're saying about 500 dkr? or 600-700?

Problem is I cannot arrange it in Aarhus or Copenhagen, and Copenhagen is ~£50 per night at the cheapest hotel there :)

I would love a meeting in Copenhagen no doubt! Someone else would just have to arrange it! Noone said they wanted to arrange the meeting, other than the "Well... I guess I might know a place" and I can arrange a meeting in Fredericia, as I know everything here, and can get some cheap places to sleep.
Fredericia is not far out as one of you said, it's actually in the middle of everything, as I see it. No train goes from east to west or north to south without passing thru Fredericia.
Fredericia is a funny town aswell as it's one of the only "planned" cities in Denmark, which can be seen by the strategically (sp!?) placed streets. A soldier could have a total overview of the 45'000 citizens large town by standing more or less in one place.
But there's a lot to say about it and I will try to write it more specific tomorrow when I've gotten some sleep.

p.s. if someone said they could arrange a meeting in London, I would come no doubt, and I think it would be awesome to have the meeting in London!
And no worries Posh, you could still have your week@tosens.lan/meeting.html :>:>:>:>

Rickie

Can't get enough of FH
Kaitlyn said:
If enough people want i'm sure it's not too much problem to have two meets, one in Denmark and one in London.

We had 2 polls so far to find out where ppl wanna meet. Tbh... if the meeting took place in London due to most votes, me and Toby would love to come there.
But most ppl voted Denmark and now we are doing our best to make a nice week-end for ppl who wanna come to Denmark.
Imo it would be a bit awkward to spilt up the meeting as the whole point is to meet as many players as possible in one place.
Plz respect that we are doing a hard work here to make this happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom