DaoC.Prydwen

G

GReaper

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
I had to laugh...

"You were kicked from #DaoC.prydwen by kr0n (This is how sad I am, funny innit)"

And then there was Cream (a.k.a. Bloody) kicking me for the quote in my signature...

Man, you guys make me laugh some times. :clap:

-G

To put it in vnboard terms:

Waaaaah! I'm an idiot who got banned from a channel! Waaaaah! I've got to post about this and inform the whole forum community about how I'm being mistreated.

Is this the latest bit of action in Brannor McThife's exciting life?

X

Xtro

I stopped using IRC a year ago. Pretty sad place imo.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by kr0n
1. You've a general twat since day 1.
2. You come and talk stupid things in the channel annoying people.
3. General opinion on you is either neutral or you being a twat. So in the name of democracy, you had to go.

And your attitude to rest of the players, from what Ive seen from your posts and heard from other people, is just pathetic.

1. Pot, kettle, black
2. Pot, kettle... holy cow...
2. In the name of democrazy... now that made me laugh.

pr0n, you are one pathetic, little sucker.

B

Brinx

Shimmying it over to OT seeing as the thread's basically just flames now.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Nice way of putting the thread to sleep without locking it ;)

D

Danya

Bah Brannor missed the bit in the IRC FAQ that says "ops are the ultimate power in an irc channel. They can ban you for any reason or no reason at all."
IRC is NOT a democracy, they don't need a reason to ban you, if you don't like it don't go there. Whining about being banned on irc is incredibly lame, I expected better from Brannor.

S

SFXman

This is getting ridiculous. Simply, kr0n is a irc-a-holic. End of story. :D

K

klavrynd

oh dear

i still think brannor had it coming with his "i know kemor and i'm in e&e so i'm better then all of you"- attitude, and i support kr0n on his action.

one reason why daox is not allowed and having two accounts isn't is the money they make , nothing more nothing less.

brannor, i am not saying you are spying but imho having two accounts that both play on prydwen is worse then using daox for that matter.

stop being the wanna be coc-police you want the world to know you as and you might possibly regain the respect you lost from a lot of prydwen players, including myself

A

Addlcove

Re: Re: DaoC.Prydwen

Originally posted by -GReaper-

To put it in vnboard terms:

Waaaaah! I'm an idiot who got banned from a channel! Waaaaah! I've got to post about this and inform the whole forum community about how I'm being mistreated.

Is this the latest bit of action in Brannor McThife's exciting life?

yay, I finally found a SotL I don´t like (about time too all the others thought I was crazy when defending sotl in discussions)

B

Brannor McThife

Flugo,

Who are you?

And are you perhaps someone who doesn't care for what's fair in a game? i.e. the CoC.

GOA hasn't put CS ingame. My view is one of trying to keep the game fair. Respect? From a lot of Prydwen players? Hell, there are so many that don't even know I exist. :sleeping:

You'll actually be amazed at how many there are that actually understand what I do, and actually appreciate it. People who do what's actually right, and follow the law, are not popular with everyone. You don't respect me for that? Hey, that's your choice, and you're free to have your view. Sure, I'm not impervious to the fact that there are players that don't like me, but the fact is, that a lot of those that don't like me, are people that don't like the CoC AT ALL, and me less so because I undertake to report violations.

<shrug>

Can't wait to see (or hear about) the Rightnow reports from the PvP server...you don't like a CoC? Cool, go to the PvP server and enjoy the mayhem. ;)

-G

E

Eliz

Originally posted by flugo
oh dear

i still think brannor had it coming with his "i know kemor and i'm in e&e so i'm better then all of you"- attitude, and i support kr0n on his action.

stop being the wanna be coc-police you want the world to know you as and you might possibly regain the respect you lost from a lot of prydwen players, including myself

Amen to that. If you dont like the things that are said in IRC, dont go there. But if you have to you know you have the right to report someone...then just do it. Dont bitch about it in the boards. Its just lame. And you just have to accept that alot of people dont like you...live with it.

O

old.Noita

Me and G have locked horns on many occasions, but he is still one of the most decent people I have met in the game. He is a genuine person who cares very much for the game and the community.

Im not surprised this happened and even less surprised that the Great Lady Layl has thrown her toys out of her pram in a laughably pathetic attempt at self empowerment. :puke:

/salute Brannor for honesty and dignity under fire

/beckon Layl :twak: You need to grow up!

K

kr0n

Pfft Noita, still got 1 year left before Im legally adult. So basically Im allowed to act like a dumbass tit for a year :clap:

1. Pot, kettle, black
2. Pot, kettle... holy cow...
2. In the name of democrazy... now that made me laugh.

pr0n, you are one pathetic, little sucker.

Didnt I admit that long time ago?

G

Gimly

Originally posted by flugo
oh dear

one reason why daox is not allowed and having two accounts isn't is the money they make , nothing more nothing less.

brannor, i am not saying you are spying but imho having two accounts that both play on prydwen is worse then using daox for that matter.

Do me a favour and re-read Brannor´s and then Grahams post´s on the first page... then have a rethink about yours, as you seem to be talkin crap at the moment. :rolleyes: :m00: :rolleyes:

K

klavrynd

Judging your siggie, you don't play pryd/mid and have highlevel pryd/alb characters so chances of you running into Brannor are small. I don't remember seeing you on #daoc.prydwen so all you have right now is this thread whereas I hang around that channel quite alot and i see the way G acts on pryd/mid quite often.

Irc conversations have nothing to do with daoc except for the topic being discusses.
The CoC has no power at all over irc conversations.
eg : the comment "<Brannor_McThife> Not a good idea to admit to account sharing while I'm here." has no value at all.

What's he going to do? Report the player to Rightnow for account sharing? How is he going to prove it ? With irc logs?
That would wind up in being able to have accounts deleted by using /nick <nameofyourvictim> and typing "i've traded accounts with <victim2>"

Have you ever wondered why people share accounts and why Goa/Mythic will not allow it?

Afaik people exchange accounts to play something else without going trought the levelling mill and it isnt allowed because , if those people would actually level a second character to level 50 they would have more money in the kitty from the time spent from getting your character high level enough.

The CoC is written that way, making all acts that could possibly lower Goa/Mythic's income a breach of it.

Agrees, 3th party programs such as Odin's Eye, autokiller etc should be banned because they interfere with the normal "way of the game" whereas daox is banned for reasons such as "making it possible to spy and relay information by means of eg irc , icq, ..."
You can easily spy with a second pc, or a second account, but second accounts are allowed, because that brings in extra money.

Anyhow, i'm getting a tad offtopic here.

If you want to be coc-crusader #1, enforce ALL rules and not only stuff like organised duels, account trading and usage of daox.

tons of other stuff to report

* Flooding", i.e. the systematic repetition of one phrase at a fast rhythm, which interferes with the communication between users, is forbidden, as are all abuses of the means of communication accessible on the site.

*Harassment of another person, insults or remarks made with the aim of hurting another person will not be tolerated.

* Players undertake not to make use of any bug, not to use any undocumented functions and not to exploit any possible design faults. Players also undertake to notify the presence of any bugs, undocumented functions or design faults they may discover to GOA personnel as soon as possible.

*You can connect to a server using a foreign language, but if you communicate on the main channels we would ask you please to use the language of the server.

K

kr0n

Bottom line is. I dont like Brannor. And he came to whine it over here. End of story.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by kr0n
Bottom line is. I dont like Brannor. And he came to whine it over here. End of story.

gd.jpg

G

Gimly

Well Flugo your right I dont play Mid/Prd but have met Brannor in game with his char that was in OotKT, as for irc.. did have a look around but and a quick chat about 3/4 months back and found them a bit on the anul side to tell the truth.

And U. Sick, what are you like... ROLF!!

B

Brannor McThife

Flugo, I'm still waiting to hear who you are?

How I act on Mid/Pryd? :clap:

What? Do I kill steal? Do I swear at people? Do I harass people? Am I selfish? Please, tell me, and everyone, how bad I act in Midgard?

Who you are, may very well shed some light and why you think/believe I am such a bad person.

-G

Patiently waiting...

[EDIT: PS.
How do you know I am not doing the others you mention? And, I was in Albion for around 2/3 months, I think that gives Gimly about an equal view of my character as you.]

K

klavrynd

"...and i see the way G acts on pryd/mid quite often."

allright, this mightve been formulated a bit shabby, but hell we can't all have english as mother tongue.

You can twist my words as much as you want and try people to pity you with statements like

"Please, tell me, and everyone, how bad I act in Midgard?" and "why you think/believe I am such a bad person."

but my point is "if you're going to be the person that enforces the CoC and reports everyone that breaches it, or gives them crap in any way, please enforce the ENTIRE CoC and not only the parts that you like"

Who I am isn't important.

O

old.Torfa

Im one of the founders of daoc.prydwen and kr0n you cant just ban him because you dont like him..:] But I cant really say anything about this because I wasnt there.. if im by my computer i rather play then irc.

But if Brannor is going to report ppl using daox id rather not have him in the channel because alot ppl do use it and i dont consider it a cheat. Sorry Brannor but ppl rather not having someone watching them all the time.. like having a policeman as a neighbor or whatever.

K

krait

Originally posted by old.Torfa
Im one of the founders of daoc.prydwen and kr0n you cant just ban him because you dont like him..:] But I cant really say anything about this because I wasnt there.. if im by my computer i rather play then irc.

But if Brannor is going to report ppl using daox id rather not have him in the channel because alot ppl do use it and i dont consider it a cheat. Sorry Brannor but ppl rather not having someone watching them all the time.. like having a policeman as a neighbor or whatever.

OMG................... Brannor is TeH Fuzz !!

;)

B

Brannor McThife

Flugo, I'm in no way looking for sympathy. But when you accuse me of something. Back it up with proof, or simply STFU aiight?

Your next statement implies that I do not hold to the whole CoC, yet you say this, once again, without any proof. I do not, in any way, disagree with your view that if you report on one thing, you should report on all. But enforcing the CoC is not my job.

Snus, as for what happens on the IRC, well, as someone said, IRC chat cannot be used as proof. The fact that someone said that Niar had sold his account to Malle and that Niar now sucks at it, and the fact that Niar is now part of the ZOO guild, well, that's all just circumstancial, isn't it? <shrugs> I really don't care what gets said on IRC, my comment, as written by Graham, was meant more lighthearted and defensive than offensive.

To me, the channel is a good place to get the feeling of the community, and any issues that people have.

In closing, Flugo, hide behind that name, and throw those accusations. If I find someone violating part of the CoC ingame, I simply tell them it's against the CoC. Most times, people just didn't know. If they persist, then I will report them. It's a simple as that. I'm not on some crusade where I scour the land for violators. I believe in fairness, and should I see ANYONE from ANY realm cheating, I will report them. If you (general community) cannot see that this is for the good of the community, then you need to re-examine your principles and morals.

Ha! There's a flame for you. :flame:

-G

K

kr0n

Torfa, ive never liked Brannor. With the sentence he said, he cut the last string keeping him there... Me no like snitches around.

World is grey, not black and white... Laws are black and white...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom