Daoc most OP char

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
A duo stealthers, can beat Necro quite easily tho.

One on one, a decently templated tank usually takes a necro with a buff or two. They can be a pain for stealthers though - always tried to avoid them on my SB, at least until around rr7 or so. If PA didn't go your way, that was pretty end of fight.

Longest fight in the world of DAoC incidentally was always a duel between two suppression BD's at same RR. Spent nearly an hour in said duel once lol.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
One on one, a decently templated tank usually takes a necro with a buff or two. They can be a pain for stealthers though - always tried to avoid them on my SB, at least until around rr7 or so. If PA didn't go your way, that was pretty end of fight.

Longest fight in the world of DAoC incidentally was always a duel between two suppression BD's at same RR. Spent nearly an hour in said duel once lol.

longest fight is healer vs healer, indeed !

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
An OP'd class is one that allows someone who isn't very good at the game to succeed. So classes like Warlocks and Vamps come into this category.

Any class that is "well templated" and/or "well played" is just a good player maxing out the class the playing.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Necros are sillly. For the most part it's peeps playing them to get pve RA's or their useless IDK.

Biggest problem is going OP nuking them as only hit for 200 or so. If anyone any use was playing them they'd be trouble. Sorry hammered as usual, trying to talk sence.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I doubt that two stealthers can beat a necro easily and a tank: no way.

A Necro can always chose to snare and kite and if you purge the first stun, it's loltap all the way :p Keeping in mind that your pet can't be snared, stealthers won't be able to use garrote effectively to get away.

A few levels of AoM also fix problems with too much magic/poison :p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
1 tank would stand no chance against a rr3+ necro up to rr5 an assasin can beat them and a very good high rr assasin can beat them to rr7-8 or so but rr8+ nobody can solo them ever :p

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
if you double pa him, necro is dead. I have tried it many times these days.

Dunno if the guy was noob, but we beat him.

Ofc 1vs1 its kinda impossible to beat him, especially in Melee.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
and something else.. i had to play since 2004. I stopped when Cata expa was out.

And yesterday i knew something and i was a bit :|

Vamp can't get buffs omg ?

They are out and fuck almost every class of the game at 1vs1 unbuffed ffs ?

are you fucking kidding me ?

Everz

FH is my second home
If any necro falls for a double PA hes bad. Problem with necros is that annoying pet losses. When I played mine, running over bridge would mean either losing pet and having to cide back to rebuff, or having to wait for 5 minutes for the pet to figure itself out.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Perf on a necro pet is fine if you are 2 or a shadowblade but i find on my ns if its 1v1 ice storm+pincer+pincer works out better :D

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
prenerf savage is imo the most ridicilous creation Mythic ever came up with.

A class that could kill that fast and without any real effort is my definition of OP. Sure, warlocks in their prime was a silly class aswell, valks are kinda cool and sure, a tad OP but not even near as fearful as prenerfsavages was, or even prenerf Zerkers was for that matter.

Back in those days what counted was how fast you could kill your opponents (especially the enemys MA) and well, a trio of hibmages could do it well, wizzes/cabas/sorcs could rock pretty good too but a solo savage did it as well as a trio/duo of casters.. (not to mention what a duo/trio with 2 savages/1 zerk could do lol :) ) I played a druid in a really good template with maxed out meleeresists and still, a lone savage could take me down in 2 rounds of hits which took 1.5 seconds to perform. A zerker could also deal out some massive hits but not really as consistant superhigh damage as savages could.

just my 2 cents ofc.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
agree with you that prenerf zerkers and svgs was extremly op and still r imo but not as much as the previous years

Everz

FH is my second home
prenerf savage is imo the most ridicilous creation Mythic ever came up with.

A class that could kill that fast and without any real effort is my definition of OP. Sure, warlocks in their prime was a silly class aswell, valks are kinda cool and sure, a tad OP but not even near as fearful as prenerfsavages was, or even prenerf Zerkers was for that matter.

Back in those days what counted was how fast you could kill your opponents (especially the enemys MA) and well, a trio of hibmages could do it well, wizzes/cabas/sorcs could rock pretty good too but a solo savage did it as well as a trio/duo of casters.. (not to mention what a duo/trio with 2 savages/1 zerk could do lol :) ) I played a druid in a really good template with maxed out meleeresists and still, a lone savage could take me down in 2 rounds of hits which took 1.5 seconds to perform. A zerker could also deal out some massive hits but not really as consistant superhigh damage as savages could.

just my 2 cents ofc.

Nightmares over JH's train coming at you. :/

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Nightmares over JH's train coming at you. :/

Don't remind me!! Just got healer's embrace and was FUCKING proud! Got in a pro group as I had arties n' shizz.. First group we meet is JH with me wearing the "TARGET ME"-cloak. Needless to say, we dropped faster than you can imagine!

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
haha poor enemys.

Many said that JH is probably the only group that was a chance to be better than Np..

Tokfan

Regular Freddie
Warlocks... I'd give more respect to any other class reaching rr 1L2 than a warlock geting rr13

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Warlocks... I'd give more respect to any other class reaching rr 1L2 than a warlock geting rr13

I only rolled a thid Warlock - they are over powered, but they are also REALLY boring to play imo.

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
In solo situations Midgard got the long end of the stick - some would say the whole stick, with wl, valk an bd
Alb: Minstrel, Reaver (at higher rr)
Hib: Vamp, vw

Imo valk is the single most op class. With a variety of tools no other class can boast: big combat heals (on a melee!!), 2h damage, able to spec shield, chain armor, magic damage spec line (instas ofc), snare/interupt. Valk only needs speed to be a complete clone of all other classes in one.

Yrendan

Can't get enough of FH
In solo situations Midgard got the long end of the stick - some would say the whole stick, with wl, valk an bd
Alb: Minstrel, Reaver (at higher rr)
Hib: Vamp, vw

Imo valk is the single most op class. With a variety of tools no other class can boast: big combat heals (on a melee!!), 2h damage, able to spec shield, chain armor, magic damage spec line (instas ofc), snare/interupt. Valk only needs speed to be a complete clone of all other classes in one.

This!! Valks are ridiculous, they have chain armor, heals/insta heals/hots, style procs, shield, shears, dds, insta aoe snares, charge!! Spear has a style proc that delves 200 dmg and its lvl 41 the only style that has close to 200 dmg delve dd on it is blizzard blade and its a f*cking side style follow up not a anytimer follow up!

aika

Can't get enough of FH
It depends on situation and type of play really.
I felt extremely OP on champion sometimes, especially against meleers.
but its all a rock vs scissors game

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Let us think for a bit. If a class would be played to its full potential. Then who would win? Which classes would break even, etc?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Let us think for a bit. If a class would be played to its full potential. Then who would win? Which classes would break even, etc?

Alb : Good Petstril
Mid : Spear/OW/Mend valk ( If i keep playing i will prolly make a 50 one )
Hib : Valewalker

@ Keepholder mids have by no means been left short they got Skald+Valk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom