Daoc most OP char

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
btw minstrel with pet is so fucking gayplay.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
btw minstrel with pet is so fucking gayplay.

Its a class ability , being able to run 2 songs is what made it oped , with a buffed 55 goblin 2h pet i can destroy anyone 1v1 regardless of class rr , its fun :p

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
valk rox but like peeps say rr and what ya fighting also plays a part,only thing i hate fighting with my valk is vamps/maulers/reavers.... i got no probs these days tearing vamps apart on my sb though....skald/valk duo is awsome :p

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I think I would take vamp over valk - especially after a few RR's.

Valk has a lot more survivability since the Vamp's HoT got nerfed to nothing.

Also vamps vs shield classes is gay. Just like Minstrels with fully buffed pets that do d00m styles or bolt and heal for 400+ dmg/heals.

Of all the Catacomb classes i'd say that the Vamp atm, overall is the least powerfull.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Valk has a lot more survivability since the Vamp's HoT got nerfed to nothing.

Also vamps vs shield classes is gay. Just like Minstrels with fully buffed pets that do d00m styles or bolt and heal for 400+ dmg/heals.

Of all the Catacomb classes i'd say that the Vamp atm, overall is the least powerfull.

Shield > vamp, mostly due to engage and sprinting backwards in water. Still vamps having charge should be able to escape.

Vamp > most things without shield spec however.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
VW aoe root is a pretty lame mechanic, but given DAoC's interrupt system it's actually fairly easy to counter VWs kiteing:

1. In a typical fight a VW needs to be out of melee for about 5-6s to be able to cast. Start running away the moment the root fades, the VW will have trouble catching you. (VW counters = insta snare, but that gives root immunity, and ichor = long timer)
  2. ML10 pet proc weapons, they can't cast with procs up on em.
  3. It's harder to judge when the casting interrupt is over when you're kiting away than it is when you're just standing there. Mash that CL disease or any faster casting ranged interrupt you have. (VW counters = lvl1 insta dot / snare hoping they're resisted. Chances are you're now immune to the next root)
  4. Gang up on them, the most common situation on Ywain. Have one person melee them, and the other spam the VW with CL disease, don't stand next to each other etc...

When solo I get 2x the RPs per hour on Vamp as I do on VW, so IMO vamps are 2x more OP then VWs.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
If you cant spam CL disease on a VW you deserve to be kited

Also ml10 belt/zo

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
When solo I get 2x the RPs per hour on Vamp as I do on VW, so IMO vamps are 2x more OP then VWs.

By that logic my ranger can be more OP then anything given a siege situation (for example). Let's not use RP count as a benchmark for OP'ness.

Af buff on a vw'r and in melee it takes less dmg than anything with scale (friar has something similair) add in the rr5 absorb and it starts to get fun.

The vamp is nice vs casters and for finding fotm assasins. But even vs those played by anyone with a brain it can get tricky.

Skald, zerker, hunter, merc (none shield spec), minstrel should have a hard time vs vamps.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
we also have to think about the template and the playstyle on a char.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
By that logic my ranger can be more OP then anything given a siege situation (for example). Let's not use RP count as a benchmark for OP'ness.

Af buff on a vw'r and in melee it takes less dmg than anything with scale (friar has something similair) add in the rr5 absorb and it starts to get fun.

The vamp is nice vs casters and for finding fotm assasins. But even vs those played by anyone with a brain it can get tricky.

Skald, zerker, hunter, merc (none shield spec), minstrel should have a hard time vs vamps.

Oh and by RPs per hour I'm really meaning solo kills per hour. Those classes (particularly hunters, skalds, and minstrals) are very common solo classes. I'd actually say vamps have a harder time against hunters than VWs do but vamps have a much much easier time against skalds and petstrals. Advantage vamp for solo!

Kiting VWs are strong but somewhat easily countered, vamps much less so by common classes. With a sensible spec, vamp defence is much higher than VW defence, and we all know about claw. Vamps also have access to better RAs and MLs than VWs do.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Yeah, I'll agree that some of the easier classes (for the vamp) are populair solo classes, but they in return shine against other classes again. Solo wise there are a lot of people playing a shield class too.

And if you want to get cheesy you could always play a mauler.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
VWs don't spec for the instant disease, and it's on a 5min timer...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I doubt that two stealthers can beat a necro easily and a tank: no way.

Totally agree. If it's two archers who time their stun, use LOS forcing me to switch targets, run away so I have to chase or again, switch target they can take a necro down, although most of the time people just fuck it up and you destroy them.

My deathsight necro has the summoning suit and enough %spell duration to get 4 casts from Facilitate Painworking. I have killed Berserkers who use zerk mode whilst healers stun and celerity and I still annihilate them.

Non crit I nuke for about 500-550 and I am RR3 lol. I have killed Hero's with 4 nukes. Champs have stunned me, debuffed etc etc and I am on about 80%. I don't even have to FP+pet cast...the shade lifetap is OP enough to kill them.

Necro's can be killed if people use a few tricks/common sense, but most of the time necro's beat all 1 on 1

Bahumat

FH is my second home
if you double pa him, necro is dead. I have tried it many times these days.

Dunno if the guy was noob, but we beat him.

Ofc 1vs1 its kinda impossible to beat him, especially in Melee.

Definately a noob in the sense he does not have a summoning suit...or suit at all! My necro can get PA'd by inf's (tested with mates via /duel) for about 100 damage.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
Definately a noob in the sense he does not have a summoning suit...or suit at all! My necro can get PA'd by inf's (tested with mates via /duel) for about 100 damage.

and note that this guy was rr6-rr7 (dont remember the name)

I have noticed that Alb classes nowdays is much more difficult to beat than the hib.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
dot dot dot dot :p

If a VW uses the insta dot (and it's not resisted) it can't GR kite anymore. Same thing with the snare...

Anyway if the VW does get LTs off most clases will have a hard time recovering.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
VW is the most Op class in Hib imo according to melee classes.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Imho the weapons you use play a huge role as well. I've played my brother's Champ a few times at something like RR3-4 and well, I had tons of ML10 stuff lying around, so I equipped him with the full set + ML10 sword and omg, spreadheal + huge DD ftw. Keeping in mind that I even managed to fit in some +int in the template, the DD also hit for quite some dmg. Now a heal proccing sword, heal proccing armour and omni-ablative proccing armour make melee really fun :p

Now add debuffs, an insta DD, insta snare, lots of parry, ST and BoV and you have a quite potent melee char who can compete vs. a lot of mages. Only problems are WLs and Necros. The not so good necros can be beaten thanks to s/c debuff and BoV, but that's a 15min solution :(

Boweniscool

Fledgling Freddie
I see no activity but this was soooo cool to read!
Heritic my choice, me and fellow rocked! Magic howitzer ftw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom