DAOC mod review!!

Marc

FH is my second home
Kahland said:
And then you woke up?

You're actually pointing out thatYOU'RE the community ? Haha freddyshouse isnt a community... It's a forum for the community. If it wasnt for the TRADE threads, Raid Threads, and whine threads, NOONE would be here. NOONE is here to chat and have fun and use it as a community, its the DAOC community, not FH community hahah?. Please wake up.

I think you will find FH IS a community, just not a DAoC community. Look at general section, all peeps who have known each other years. I dont know for certain, but id hazard a guess that Deebs, Jupitus etc rue the day they set up a daoc forum on FH and got hundreds of nerdy kids with fuck all better to do than throw insults and suck each others virtual cocks clogging up their bandwidth.

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
Marc said:
I think you will find FH IS a community, just not a DAoC community. Look at general section, all peeps who have known each other years. I dont know for certain, but id hazard a guess that Deebs, Jupitus etc rue the day they set up a daoc forum on FH and got hundreds of nerdy kids with fuck all better to do than throw insults and suck each others virtual cocks clogging up their bandwidth.

If they hadnt set one up other would have. Nearsight cured.

Marc

FH is my second home
Kahland said:
If they hadnt set one up other would have. Nearsight cured.

No shit sherlock. My point was I bet they regret it.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
I don't need nor am I after your sympathy. What I was stating is that I got 50% warning for stating the truth in a non whining way. Comparing that to pointing a gun at someones head is completely irrelevant in all honesty, don't you think?

It's no more irelevant to the point i'm making than the bit in bold is to yours.

It doesn't matter how you do it, you were simply whining about them adding.
You could say "hey mates, stop hitting us with your swords while we are previously engaged fighting another group" or you could write "omg stop adding ffs". Both are saying the same thing.

Why is the fact that you whined in a non-whining way relevant in the slightest? Where you whining, YES you were. Why is the fact that I asked you nicely for your money important while robbing you. It isn't, that's the point you so clearly missed!

If your not after sympathy, or an understanding of why you got the warning, why are you pissing about in this thread moaning about it. Or is it just "another" excuse to moan at someone that doesn't agree 100% with you..

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
People who use analogies always do so with stupid proportions. Like "Emote spamming in daoc is like commiting genocide" People who use analogies often have the argumentative powers of a small turnip.

I could say the same about people that just spam "what has a gun got to do with it" without trying to understand the point being made.
The gun was actually irelevant if you understood it, clearly you didn't.

I don't think i've seen anyone saying that emote spamming is like commiting genocide. Unless of course you believe that getting a 3 day ban from daoc is like spending the rest of your life in jail.. Maybe you do?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
After becoming a mod, Eggy noticed a considerable hole in his free-time
ohgod.JPG

Note: didn't fake this! But it's a bug, thank god!

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kahland again

Gamah

Banned
Golena said:
I could say the same about people that just spam "what has a gun got to do with it" without trying to understand the point being made.
The gun was actually irelevant if you understood it, clearly you didn't.

I don't think i've seen anyone saying that emote spamming is like commiting genocide. Unless of course you believe that getting a 3 day ban from daoc is like spending the rest of your life in jail.. Maybe you do?

Maybe I was being sarcastic?

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
I really have nothing personal against any of the mods. I just hate it when they speak on the "behalf" of the rest of the community, thinking they're the presidents in it. Yes they clean up these forums, sometimes in an awkward way.

Many people in the DAoC use these forums for joy and spam, others use it for roleplaying, some use it for trading, raiding, also people mixing it all together. All in all this forum is like a plaza for the community. Just sometimes the po-lice gets a bit too dirty when its not even needed, just because it says they should do so in the rules.

Sometimes things must be judged with common sense, sometimes not.. the mod that just follows the rules too strict and are afraid of the "higher" ranked mods are the ones that will get flamed hardest in a post like this.
The good mods are the ones that at times, bends the rules a little, on a good way, letting people have a bit of fun, not letting them spam ofc or be violent in any way, but just looking a bit through the rules sometimes. If that was the case there would hardly be any negative posts in a thread like this.

And if eventually the mod risks his own position by doing any of these things, well then people will stand behind him, atleast some will.

Cant really compare this to real life ofc. But there's a saying "A good friend is not. When you're going to jump off a building and he says "come over here and lets talk about this". A good friend is the one that steps up next to you and says, "if you jump, i jump as well""..

Personally i really dont give a shit. Its long time since i used these forums actively, i mainly just use them for the trade forum and finding raids.

Have fun and dont die irl;)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Marc said:

Hmm Look at off-topic and youll find a troll called Ezteq, she doesnt play

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Marc said:
No shit sherlock. My point was I bet they regret it.

Then perhaps someone else could takeover instead?

Don't make an assumption on what people do or don't want to do, the forums wouldn't even be here if they didn't want to continue running them.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Kahland said:
And then you woke up?

You're actually pointing out thatYOU'RE the community ? Haha freddyshouse isnt a community... It's a forum for the community. If it wasnt for the TRADE threads, Raid Threads, and whine threads, NOONE would be here. NOONE is here to chat and have fun and use it as a community, its the DAOC community, not FH community hahah?. Please wake up.

I disagree i often spend loads of time in off topic ppl leave their hard-ons at the door in that section good laugh

Chronictank

FH is my second home
eggy said:
After becoming a mod, Eggy noticed a considerable hole in his free-time

you didnt reply so i set autoclick going :<

You still havent replied!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom