DAoC Intro has arrived

Mey

Part of the furniture
o.0 very nice! GOA just need to make one now....

Mey

Part of the furniture
but why was that pala using a 1h sword, w/o s/s? Like they are gimped already as it is...

Helme

Resident Freddy
Nice intro, this part made me fall off my chair laughting thought;
"The formidable thane, a fighter that summons Thor's lightning to strike those who stand against him"

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
fell of my chair @ the thane ... but other then that I think this is GREAT for DAoC!!

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
very impressive :D doesnt that voice sound like the bloke that does the intro's in WoW?
lol @ thane. poor people that roll that char after seeing the video (some hammers might have persuaded even more people to roll thanes :p) and the scout was just camping a tower. how original! ;)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Thought it was fantastic, thing is Thane might be gimped but I still think it's one of the best LOOKING classes in the game :)

Very well done, like how it dodged the whole "stealth" thing and kept things simple. I don't see how GOA have to make one though like someone else suggested - it's the same game after all.

Mey

Part of the furniture
But Mythic won't be best pleased if they pyke it, after all they (Mythic) have made / paid for it...

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
well that was one awsome video , but now i feel an urge to delete all my my chars on mid , and join the mighty albionia !

why's that ? maybe cause i thought they spoke more highly about or because everyone has seen/heard of King Ritchard and wanna play in that knightly fashion.

hence albion is overpopulated.

/berget

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Hey that game looks great, where can you get it?

Mey

Part of the furniture
Not sure, ive not seen it in the shops =p or maybe its a trailer for a game thats going to come out in 2006...

Tilda

tbh the GoA one (made by goa) was very good too, although not so aimed and newcommers.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
lol @ the thane bit.. over all I think the video was nice.. but it could so with a little polishing imho.. and give the wizzy a staff.. mabey and the pally a shield lol.. :eek:

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Kami said:
Very well done, like how it dodged the whole "stealth" thing and kept things simple.

Or we're afraid people would say
'theres frekin invisible players walking about???? wtf ???'

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Awesome vid, really shows DAoC from its best visual side, and doesnt make it look dated at all. It does present Albion as *the* realm to chose tho - thought mythic would have learnt something about how good an idea that is by now :/

Lots of funny comments ofc for us that actually play the game ^^

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Awsome video, I really liked it. I don't find albion favoured tho, think all realms look really appealing in both the pictures and the speech. Very nicely done :>

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
its a nice vid but gives a completely wrong impression of how the game is really played ;p

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
It shows Albion's main tank - the paladin - so its not complete fantasy! If it had an armsman in it then it would be giving a 100% false impression.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Pretty nice video, only problem is it isn't really a realistic view of the game any more.

Also fails to mention the weeks/months it will take a new player to get to 50 and kit themselves out for RvR, makes it look more like Planetside than DAoC.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Ofc it's not gonna show all the bad things about the game. It shows the game as it's best with a nice added voice who say cool stuff for you to enjoy. That's how commercial works ^^

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, with catacombs out, a solo player can actually solo to 50 relatively fast. Much, much, faster than we did at release at any rate.

Ofcourse, then you have ToA and stuff, but at least you can participate (albeit, not compete on a 8v8 basis) in RvR as soon as you hit 50.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Mey said:
But Mythic won't be best pleased if they pyke it, after all they (Mythic) have made / paid for it...

mythic benefit from goa customers dont they? im sure goa has 2 pay mythic to allow people 2 play the game :p i dunno what the contract is, but mythic should want people 2 play there game :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Oh my god, that was an amazing movie--I got all shivery watching it. Uber work, Mythic! :D

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
FOR MIDGARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wanna rolla thane :( lol why didnt they show the new classes? i mean warlock with flying chambers and bainshee with aoe bolt looks cool not to mention, how many more people would play with the promise of

"Become indestructable as the lord of pain as you control your warlock"

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Darksword said:
Especially when you're out of chambers :p

Kinag

Part of the furniture
They should have a friar in the movie :(

"The friar, a holy brother who overpowers his enemies with his big stick while dodging the enemies blows with overpowered agility"

:eek:

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
FOR MIDGARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wanna rolla thane :( lol why didnt they show the new classes? i mean warlock with flying chambers and bainshee with aoe bolt looks cool not to mention, how many more people would play with the promise of

They did show a warlock later on blasting a PBAE off :p

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
It's a really really really good trailer. I think it gives a better view than the cinematic WoW trailer released by Blizzard:
50 MB, HTTP host
604 KB, Official Downloader

I mean, if anything's completely not-like the game, it's that trailer.

So yeah, sure, our trailer does not give a 100% honest view on the actual game, but hey, who cares? As long as it lures in new players, it's OK. Tbh, the 'core' elements of the game (teaming and RvR) get presented properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom