DAOC EU 10th Birthday

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Do you even know what went down?

People's ME got bought up by illegal plats (by about 5 people) that meant the people then used those illegal plats too buy off other players and thus they came into circulation. GoA decided to ban anyone who touched a plat even thought 99% of those banned had no idea the plat was gotten from a bug.
aah fair enough
sorry, was getting it confused with something else :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I usually respect your opinion Raven, but you are far from correct. If you knew the population of camlann then you would realise that they are some of the best people to have inhabited this game. You are saying the likes of Bahumat or Overdriven, or myself are utter cunts?

The server was meant to be DAoC in its hardest form, if you couldn't handle the way it was then that was unfortunate, I thought the beauty of the game was being in a 'you vs them' mentality. If someone annoyed you, go out and make them eat dirt. Everywhere was a danger and even in the most remote areas you could get ganked.. try leveling of wynerns in Raumarik and still getting the odd sb or 2 man take their chances on you.

Also if you've never been involved in a keep defense on a PvP server then it's a great shame, defending a keep and your relics from the masses was amazing. I remember the call/alarm set ups just incase your keep came under attack in the morning. Good days.

Oh.. and GoA killed it with a mass over-reaction to what could have been dealt with a simple rollback or a alternate cash sink, don't forgot the majority of server didn't know of the bug and a huge amount of innocent people got stung by this.

No I did none of those things. Every time I tried to level I ended up broke at level 7. What can a level 7 possibly do vs a level 50 (or usually multiple level 50s) that are stood at the class trainers ganking lowbies?

I suppose I could not train or not sell loot but that would suck equally.

No, for every decent player there were 50 retards.

Mabs

No I did none of those things. Every time I tried to level I ended up broke at level 7. What can a level 7 possibly do vs a level 50 (or usually multiple level 50s) that are stood at the class trainers ganking lowbies?

I suppose I could not train or not sell loot but that would suck equally.

No, for every decent player there were 50 retards.

dont flag pvp till 10 ? ;)

then go to gothwaite and get farmed by a german 50 BD exploiting onto the roof :f

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well, whatever level it was (I thought it was 7 that got auto pvp flagged)

Mabs

i think it was 10
but i spent so little time on there, for reasons mentioned before, on many occasions, im not an authority :p

Everz

FH is my second home
Don't go to Goth to train then?

You do realise all Capital Cities were safe zones, that all dungeons under lvl 20 were safe zones?

Mabs

and dont take a horse anywhere cos some comedic cunt about 25 lvls above you will have PLASTERED the whole road in shrooms

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
DAOC was released in EU 10 years ago today. Many guilds formed and decade long friendships began.

Here's to everyone! :cheers:
Hf with whatever you do old m8. /wavee

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I never had any griefing like how you mummy's boys stated. One thing which I think you are making a meal of is low levels being killed by 50s as I never saw or experienced this unless I leeched their fights all the time.

When you are level 25 and you see a n00b using the /20 command in an UNSAFE zone there was nothing better than counting the dings and blasting him out of his boots when he got to 20....however that's fair game as you got xp and rp from it.

I would say a big downfall was conning green to 50s at 36 as that's retarded. But you could just go xp somewhere quiet.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I got a character to 42 or something, solo and no buffbot, on camlann and after that my life was hell. Regardless of where I went I got blasted to shreds, no one wanted to group with me and those who did would disband and gank me. When I quit my character had something like 5 con left and no gold, so I just gave up giving a shit anymore and went back to Excalibur and played with my mates and had fun

Everz

FH is my second home
I never had any griefing like how you mummy's boys stated. One thing which I think you are making a meal of is low levels being killed by 50s as I never saw or experienced this unless I leeched their fights all the time.

When you are level 25 and you see a n00b using the /20 command in an UNSAFE zone there was nothing better than counting the dings and blasting him out of his boots when he got to 20....however that's fair game as you got xp and rp from it.

I would say a big downfall was conning green to 50s at 36 as that's retarded. But you could just go xp somewhere quiet.
I miss tagging along with Horde.

For TEH HOFF!

And yea, unless you were unfortunate to come across some form of braindead monkey yelling at 4am 'LOG UR 50S WE FARM NOW' (hi Axty) then 'grey ganking' never happened. Just because someone conned purple it didn't mean you didn't con at least green to them. Those complaining about items/gold/con etc.. make a necro fgs. Complain about games being to easy yet didn't like that you had to work for alot of stuff on PvP. I had a necro placed at dartmoor ponies for the pure purpose of getting money to carry on pvping.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Thanks to everyone that contributed in making this the greatest game ever :)

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I wasn't happy that the english servers had to wait an (Dark) age (of Camelot) while the patches (in english) were translated it into two (or was it three?) other languages.

But now I don't care AND ...

I can only remember the good times.

Logi

Part of the furniture
pvp is long dead on live, cmon guys :p

me and "keitanz" tried by making one on freeshards that was close to what camlann was supposed to be... or atleast we tried. It died very quickly, by various factors. But mainly that pvp on daoc is a dead concept.

Dutx

One of Freddy's beloved
Camlann was by far best fun in daoc due of multiple things wich some players consider hardmode.. I ve never experienced nor had been greykilled anytime without a reason.. But the funny things abaut being always in danger and be more carefull motivated me to play more and do better and compete vs others.
As for the necklace bug.. all i can say that the server went dead abaut 2 years prior to it when pop dropped to abaut 300ish wich was retarded and it didnt affect the serveer that much, just died abit faster than it should but at that time there wassent much fun left anyway.. i have abaut 1k oldschool screenshots of the server.. should make post somewhere with it sometime ^^

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
I opened a beer for this event.

Have to admit I really miss the game :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Nice to see the spirit of DAoC is alive with lots of arguments and disagreements ;-)

Was a great game, glad to have played it and met many great people during my time in it.

Runardigi

Loyal Freddie
They Should make the live servers Free to play.
i would start again directly on live.

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
They Should make the live servers Free to play.
i would start again directly on live.

Free to play i cant understand that idea! the few bucks a month aint a problem.. but f2p will be a problem all the abusers and making new accounts etc! and wont make a higher population by doing that! we need a new expansion or a daoc2 to keep the game going!

And saw u on 1-2 days ago ? so u are on live :)

randomeclipse

Loyal Freddie
daoc 4life?

Or until The Elder Scrolls Online is released (and hopefully it won't suck) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom