DAOC EU 10th Birthday

Exioce

Part of the furniture
DAOC was released in EU 10 years ago today. Many guilds formed and decade long friendships began.

Here's to everyone! :cheers:

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Been lovely ten years guys and girls! Amazing memories and people!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Amazing memories with the community, shame about the wank EU host that gave alot of bad memories.

Aada

Part of the furniture
The best MMO i ever played nothing had me addicted more than this game at that time, if ToA wasn't released i'm sure i would have played for even longer.

I still have very fond memories of moments and people i met in this game, there will never be another game like it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
We should luri zerg on Uthgard for lolssake.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Amazing memories with the community, shame about the wank EU host that gave alot of bad memories.

shame about people who were not privvy to the conversations and actually KNOW what happened and the fact that most of it was Mythic being shit and not GOAs fault, but hey, lets just make shit up !

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
shame about people who were not privvy to the conversations and actually KNOW what happened and the fact that most of it was Mythic being shit and not GOAs fault, but hey, lets just make shit up !

Aye, totally Mythics fault that GOA had shit gm's, crap support, lag during early toa, wiped out an entire server/characters/items, gm's that didnt know what the fuck to do (excluding Kemor, he was GOA's 1 saving grace), managed to lose a GM account, delt with camlann necklace exploitation poorly, failed to remedy basic shit they didnt need mythics coding for, totally agree Mabs! lets blame Mythic.

I always expect GOA defence but normally its from brown nosers like Tesla.

78195-triple%20face%20palm.jpg

Picture pretty much sums up GOA.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
but we all had a great time despite all the crap ;)

otherwise why are we still here? :p

Mabs

Aye, totally Mythics fault that GOA had shit gm's, crap support, lag during early toa, wiped out an entire server/characters/items, gm's that didnt know what the fuck to do (excluding Kemor, he was GOA's 1 saving grace), managed to lose a GM account, delt with camlann necklace exploitation poorly, failed to remedy basic shit they didnt need mythics coding for, totally agree Mabs! lets blame Mythic.

I always expect GOA defence but normally its from brown nosers like Tesla.

Picture pretty much sums up GOA.

i never said they were perfect, but most people assume it stopped at goa when it was often not their call

people forget that when the items went "pooft" on people, GOA implement a token system to get comparable, albeit rather mediocre, gear

what did mythic say about their database design ? "its fucked, wipe it, let them start again from lvl 1"

who got the blame for that ?

GOA

colour me suprised

The whine for a COOP server that went on for a while, that was GOAs fault
except that mythic refused to grant them the license for it, as they wanted to keep some of the stuff unique to them

whose fault was that ?

GOAs

sensing a pattern at all ?

Mabs

no but i know some people who did, and i get bored of people beating the same old fucking dead horse WAA WAA LIFES SO TRAGIC when they dont actually have the whole story

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Where you one of the people who had them on MSN to spawn guards on the big bad people who killed them in RvR?

Mabs

no im pretty sure that was mr "i think im really funny, when in fact im immature, and a bit of a retard" aka Sharma

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
One GM, whom shall not be named, once teleported me to an enemy keep's lord which held a relic, instantly putting the keep in flames. Engaged the lord but got hammered by a 4man hib grp(probably the only 4 hibs left). He thought it'd be fun :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Camlann didnt fail because of Goa, it failed because the vast majority of it's population were utter cunts, who actively discouraged new starters by ganking in the starter zones with level 50s. They used to hang out at the class trainers waiting for people.

Everz

FH is my second home
Camlann didnt fail because of Goa, it failed because the vast majority of it's population were utter cunts, who actively discouraged new starters by ganking in the starter zones with level 50s. They used to hang out at the class trainers waiting for people.

I usually respect your opinion Raven, but you are far from correct. If you knew the population of camlann then you would realise that they are some of the best people to have inhabited this game. You are saying the likes of Bahumat or Overdriven, or myself are utter cunts?

The server was meant to be DAoC in its hardest form, if you couldn't handle the way it was then that was unfortunate, I thought the beauty of the game was being in a 'you vs them' mentality. If someone annoyed you, go out and make them eat dirt. Everywhere was a danger and even in the most remote areas you could get ganked.. try leveling of wynerns in Raumarik and still getting the odd sb or 2 man take their chances on you.

Also if you've never been involved in a keep defense on a PvP server then it's a great shame, defending a keep and your relics from the masses was amazing. I remember the call/alarm set ups just incase your keep came under attack in the morning. Good days.

Oh.. and GoA killed it with a mass over-reaction to what could have been dealt with a simple rollback or a alternate cash sink, don't forgot the majority of server didn't know of the bug and a huge amount of innocent people got stung by this.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

True, it took a colosal battering when GOA banned a few hundred people for exploiting the SI necklace quest aswell which didnt make matters any better, they should have just stripped the plat they earned and suspended them for a few days.

Mabs

True, it took a colosal battering when GOA banned a few hundred people for exploiting the SI necklace quest aswell which didnt make matters any better, they should have just stripped the plat they earned and suspended them for a few days.

bollocks
you do something that is bugged, you get rolled back
you exploit it knowing its there, get banned permanently tbh

people who cheat/exploit and then piss and moan when they get caught can ctfoa... :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
bollocks
you do something that is bugged, you get rolled back
you exploit it knowing its there, get banned permanently tbh

people who cheat/exploit and then piss and moan when they get caught can ctfoa... :)

Aye, follow the same logic and see how much money that nets you man. Fact of the matter is hundreds were banned then putting a substantial dent into Camlanns already fading population, GOA should have looked at the bigger picture... sadly GOA arent big when it comes to thinking.

I would have disabled the necklace quest until it was fixed, suspended them for 3-5 days and removed all the plat they'd made off the exploit rather than helping in effect to kill an already dying server.

Mabs

if the problem is that widespread on ONE server, and its effecting that "community" that badly, then the community needs purging

Everz

FH is my second home
if the problem is that widespread on ONE server, and its effecting that "community" that badly, then the community needs purging

Do you even know what went down?

People's ME got bought up by illegal plats (by about 5 people) that meant the people then used those illegal plats too buy off other players and thus they came into circulation. GoA decided to ban anyone who touched a plat even thought 99% of those banned had no idea the plat was gotten from a bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom