DAOC: Bounty point changes

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Right, 1 thing.. Before iget banned this is not talking about freeshards as in getting people to play them. Its about the new patch on us.

All those people dinging ml 10 infront of you etc is a piss take, The game has been turned into easy mode and i think EA's effect on the game has fucked it.

/whine off :(

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
cause its so easy to get xxxx bountypoints on a rr0 SI templated character right?

Yeh ;d ?

Made enough bps on my cabby in a week to get Cl 10. Was already ml 10 etc after rush and so on, so alot left over!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Yeh ;d ?

Made enough bps on my cabby in a week to get Cl 10. Was already ml 10 etc after rush and so on, so alot left over!

Its stupid, I worked hard to get my toons ml10 and artied up. Now it can be done in like 5 mins, which i suppose is good for those who like to have 1 of each char ml10, templated etc.

But for those who just have the 1 or two alts and worked years on them, its a bt shit

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Classic...

1. Community whines about making PVE too hard ... it's too much of a grind before they can do the real thing they play the game for which is being leet in RvR.
  2. Mythic make TOA a pisstake, and all new pve things completely completable in RvR (CL's)
  3. Community whines about TOA and PVE like nothing ever changed
  4. Mythic make it so you can skip entire parts of the PVE by using bp's you can gain in leet rvr
  5. Community whines about how easy it now is to be ready for RvR without much pve
:eek6:

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Well, I tend to agree. I think there should be like a middle-way to go, always seems a bit well overdone when they first set out to change and adjust stuff.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Classic...

1. Community whines about making PVE too hard ... it's too much of a grind before they can do the real thing they play the game for which is being leet in RvR.
  2. Mythic make TOA a pisstake, and all new pve things completely completable in RvR (CL's)
  4. Mythic make it so you can skip entire parts of the PVE by using bp's you can gain in leet rvr
  5. Community whines about how easy it now is to be ready for RvR without much pve

Or, Its plain fucking stupid ;d?

They never seem to do anything thats Ok, Or just a bit harsh.

its either utter bull shit or way too easy ;d ?

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Or, Its plain fucking stupid ;d?

They never seem to do anything thats Ok, Or just a bit harsh.

its either utter bull shit or way too easy ;d ?

''You can keep some of the people happy all of the time ''

OR

''You can keep all of the people happy some of the time ''

Which one is best ... Truth is neither as they are the same thing ... vote with ya feet if you think its bullshit Jamie m8 , but ... Bp's needed for all artis+credit+cl10+ml10 are alot more that what you are making out here ... thats a shitload of rvr in crappy gear man :eek:

Take my nightshade for example ... i got rr5 before i dung master level 1 , and i needed scaler's+Ring of dances+credit but my net is shit so i cant do zerg ml's ... so i pay to do in net cafe :(

This new system help's me stay in rvr and not have to roleplay PvE if my circumstance makes it hard to do the latter ... I think its a great idea tbh :clap:

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
My inf is RR6 and still ml 2 :( I'll use it yeh sure, But i still think its a bit shit :p

HOWEVER : Those speed pots :d Lolz ;D I love em, So yeh i do like some aspects of it ^^

Davejohnson

Banned
nah seriously, you are just a fricking retard MISTARZ INFANITY SUPERSTAR LoLZ!

i could explain why the change is good etc, but you wouldnt get it ;d

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
nah seriously, you are just a fricking retard MISTARZ INFANITY SUPERSTAR LoLZ!

i could explain why the change is good etc, but you wouldnt get it ;d

Yeh sure bud :(

I sense anger, And i found that offensive saying retard, Not very nice at all :( Infact i'll report it, i've just been abused.

:<

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Classic...

damned if u dont and damned if u do. theres no pleasing theese ppl no matter what the fuck u do. they always find *something* to bitch about.

its either: to little to late, not enough or to much. it doesent matter how little or much Mythic do. they just have to bitch at something.

its just really really pathetic.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Pendragon is a test server - if you want to go be RR13 and run around on the test server going "LOOK AT ME I'm RR13!" I'm sure you'll have fun but you'll not impress anyone...

Doesn't affect the live servers where people have their "real" characters.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Thats fine Flimgoblin... except that's not what Infanity was posting about.

The topic is the new NPCs where you can buy credit for all sorts of PvE adventures through the use of Bounty Points.

Personally I think its a good idea, as it promotes people advancing through RvR instead of PvE.

Certainly... PvE gets easier... but seriously. Rather RvR than bore through another ML rush.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Like flim said, Pendragon is test only, so im not sure you are getting the thread title quite right.

This is more easymode bull that came from whiners who wanted PvE made easy. Now its too easy the older players have something new to whine about, including me.

EAthic really havnt thought this through, as some classes will have naturally higher BPs than others, seers for example have to group to gain BPs, which means they get less per kill than say a valk or an SB, doesnt mean they are less deserving but solo classes can make a shed load of BPs in a fraction of the time.

This also kills things for players who dont RvR as much as others, some (beleive it or not) are happy to PvE, but now the ML runs will be empty and casual group raids will be a thing of the past. I feel especially sorry for people on servers like Dyvet, who suffer with a lack of numbers on raids as it is, the PvEers will now have even more to consider when they think about leaving for pastures new.

At RR4 my shammy has 4k BPs, hes a BB, not much more, and 4K doesnt buy a lot, fortunately hes already ML10, but if I was to be starting the game now, I would be fecked for ML raids and not be able to compete properly in RVR without the ML toys.

Double edged this one, the hand giveth and the hand gets shoved up ya ass in the same action.

Keitan

Banned
Right, 1 thing.. Before iget banned this is not talking about freeshards as in getting people to play them. Its about the new patch on us.

All those people dinging ml 10 infront of you etc is a piss take, The game has been turned into easy mode and i think EA's effect on the game has fucked it.

/whine off :(

are you a fucking moron? Pendragon is a TEST SERVER ffs...... so we need that to test.........

2nd) on live u need BP what takes ages in rvr so shut the fuck up is it easy mode

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
are you a fucking moron? Pendragon is a TEST SERVER ffs...... so we need that to test.........

2nd) on live u need BP what takes ages in rvr so shut the fuck up is it easy mode

And I belive the winner of "Flamer without a Clue" 2007 award goes to .... Keitan!

The reward is a .... Clue!

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH

Oh dear, Someone didn't read what i posted.. oh dear oh dear. :(

Good luck with that clue you just won :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
muh duh, didn't realise you meant the bounty point changes. Lern tu read Flim!

Thing is - characters who currently could buy all their artis and MLs are fairly high RR and have probably already done the ToA thing.

New characters will have to either earn those BPs in RvR without their MLs/artifacts or go do the PvE anyway...

It's a good thing for people with old characters of a reasonable RR that they've abandoned since ToA, and it allows people to earn their MLs if they are incapable of attending PvE raids at all...

Also obviously on Pendragon where people are creating test chars, filling themselves up with BP from the "free BP monster" and then buying things...

PvE will still be easier/faster on a live server, unless you can get some gank group to RP-pl you... though I foresee some encounters becoming "Not doing this one, buy it with BPs"....

Despite being a PvE-whore in my opinion the BP merchant takes a lot less out of the game than the massive simplification of ToA did...

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
The BP changes are good!

It isnt as easy as clicking a button to get MLs done with the new changes..

36000bp roughly is what you need for exp + credit for ml1 - 10.
Now, my little enchanter had roughly 30k, made a template the normal way then used the bp for MLs, got to ml7 incl. exp, so 8 - 9 - 10 left.

I played casually, got almost all the way to rr6, and that isnt something you do as a casual gamer in a week, taken about 2 months.

If you are a powergamer, its still easyer and faster to go on ml raids and get artis the traditional way, as its ALOT easyer then going out to farm several k of BP on untemplated toons.

these changes are good, as there are plenty of characters out there, none the less people who quit with a load of BP on their chars, who now can get templated and MLed when they come back.. how is that a bad thing?

DAoC is about rvr and pvp, the pve is a grind to get to that stage, as there is only so much you can do in the pve game but endless of things in rvr.

three thumbs up for this change.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
This also kills things for players who dont RvR as much as others, some (beleive it or not) are happy to PvE, but now the ML runs will be empty and casual group raids will be a thing of the past. I feel especially sorry for people on servers like Dyvet, who suffer with a lack of numbers on raids as it is, the PvEers will now have even more to consider when they think about leaving for pastures new.

Right on the money!
Along with other (IMO) moronic recent changes, this was one of the reasons I've now finally moved on to a game with better PvE (LotRo).
Unless you really like NF RvR as it currently is, there's absolutely no reason at all to still be playing Dark Age of Counterstrike.
I hope it makes a few people come back, but all I actually see are people leaving.

Keitan

Banned
Oh dear, Someone didn't read what i posted.. oh dear oh dear. :(

Good luck with that clue you just won :(

oh shut the hell up man

They worked for those mls/arti credits/mlxp by rvring ITS NOT FUCKING EASYMODE IN RVR...

and one of the reasons they did this change for was Mordred... you try get mls/toaed char on there... its about 1000x easier on normal servers.... so tbh mate go get a fucking life and i hope you get banned.....

PEOPLE WHO GOT ALL THIS SHIT WORKED FOR IT

/:flame: off

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH

Haha! Good shit man :p

So because i dont personally like the changes all that much, i need to get a fucking life and get banned ;d ?

I SENSE ANGER! :O

Like i said, Some changes are good.. Pots, Respecs etc. But the scout changes with MOC and pierce brittleguard and bladeturn with CS is crazy :p

If anyone has a chance of getting banned, Its probs you for personal attacks :(

Have a cup of coffee and come back buddy :(

- English -

Resident Freddy
surely art raids etc WILl be done. How can a rr1 char buy artifacts. Yes their main can buy scrolls etc for him. But the rr1 toon will need encounters for their artis. I guess MLs on the otherhand will be farmed for items. I think they should add more item drops on ML encounters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom