DAOC Account Suspension Radar

sko

Loyal Freddie
Zebolt said:
Some are just whores.. like sko
Yeah duhhh I'm a real whore, my two RR5 chars with 500 alchemy / fletching proves that IMO!

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Requiel said:
Our standard policy for people caught using third party programs is to terminate the account without warning. This particular episode is a one off warning to all cheaters who use 3rd party programs. After this, there will be no more warnings. Use radar or a macro tool and you will lose your account permanently even if you've not been caught before. Also we know who has been caught. Any further breaches of the CoC by them will result in a termination - even for things that wouldn't normally result in such a harsh penalty such as kill-stealing or harrassment.

There are no double standards, we will continue to punish cheats and to provide a fair platform for honest players.

Can you honestly tell us why GOA / Mythic have decided to be so generous to Radar user's in this " One off episode" ? After all, whether you use a macro to get an lgm crafter or radar to get rr10 a Cheat is a Cheat. Why not give the macro crafters a 2 week ban and tell them if there caught using it again they'll be perma banned? After all there's effects PvE primarly as opposed to Radar which has direct effect on RvR and none on PvE. Why not go to the extra effort of stripping the characters of there rps and lgm status as an added measure, you have said previously that unless you went into great detail to do it then the person who got reset could have more RA points if they build back up but did state it was possible to do with enough time. If there isnt that many cheaters it wont take long and it certainly would server as a very potent warning along with a 2 week ban to any cheaters or potiental cheaters. I'm sure you wouldnt want the ppl stripped of there rr to quit thou so that wouldnt happen as your 'average' radar user is a juicy account whore with generally speaking 2-5+ accounts heh ;>.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Vindicator said:
Can you honestly tell us why GOA / Mythic have decided to be so generous to Radar user's in this " One off episode" ? After all, whether you use a macro to get an lgm crafter or radar to get rr10 a Cheat is a Cheat. Why not give the macro crafters a 2 week ban and tell them if there caught using it again they'll be perma banned? After all there's effects PvE primarly as opposed to Radar which has direct effect on RvR and none on PvE. Why not go to the extra effort of stripping the characters of there rps and lgm status as an added measure, you have said previously that unless you went into great detail to do it then the person who got reset could have more RA points if they build back up but did state it was possible to do with enough time. If there isnt that many cheaters it wont take long and it certainly would server as a very potent warning along with a 2 week ban to any cheaters or potiental cheaters. I'm sure you wouldnt want the ppl stripped of there rr to quit thou so that wouldnt happen as your 'average' radar user is a juicy account whore with generally speaking 2-5+ accounts heh ;>.
We won't strip RPs/crafting points etc as that would effectively be a 'name and shame' which we've already said we won't (and can't) do. What we will do is permanently ban anyone who uses a third party program. Also the people who 'got away' with a suspension this time have had their accounts flagged. Any further breach of the CoC - even for relatively minor offences - will see them out of the game for good.
Why did we do it? Well from a community point of view, we don't want people to cheat and we don't want people who do cheat to continue cheating. In the past cheats have been permanently banned with no fuss. They just vanished from the game, we didn't announce it, there was no news article saying 'we banned a cheat', mostly the people involved weren't stupid enough to whine about it on forums like this. People felt that they could get away with cheating as mostly no-one ever heard of the people who had been caught and punished. This is a clear warning to everyone who cheats that you will be caught and you will be punished. It's a one time only offer to stop cheating and play fairly like the vast majority of players. I have no idea personally how many people were caught as I've been on holiday this past week, I doubt the numbers were significant enough to seriously dent our subscriber base - even if we do take into consideration that many cheaters may have more than one account. We aren't afraid to lose players. We'd rather lose players that cheat because that way, honest players (who are the vast majority of the subscriber base) will be more likely to stay. This is a wakeup call to finally lay to rest the myth that cheating is consequence free in DAoC. These people have been given a last chance, if they fail to take it they'll be out of the game like all the others before them.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Well

Requiel said:
We won't strip RPs/crafting points etc as that would effectively be a 'name and shame' which we've already said we won't (and can't) do. What we will do is permanently ban anyone who uses a third party program. Also the people who 'got away' with a suspension this time have had their accounts flagged. Any further breach of the CoC - even for relatively minor offences - will see them out of the game for good.
Why did we do it? Well from a community point of view, we don't want people to cheat and we don't want people who do cheat to continue cheating. In the past cheats have been permanently banned with no fuss. They just vanished from the game, we didn't announce it, there was no news article saying 'we banned a cheat', mostly the people involved weren't stupid enough to whine about it on forums like this. People felt that they could get away with cheating as mostly no-one ever heard of the people who had been caught and punished. This is a clear warning to everyone who cheats that you will be caught and you will be punished. It's a one time only offer to stop cheating and play fairly like the vast majority of players. I have no idea personally how many people were caught as I've been on holiday this past week, I doubt the numbers were significant enough to seriously dent our subscriber base - even if we do take into consideration that many cheaters may have more than one account. We aren't afraid to lose players. We'd rather lose players that cheat because that way, honest players (who are the vast majority of the subscriber base) will be more likely to stay. This is a wakeup call to finally lay to rest the myth that cheating is consequence free in DAoC. These people have been given a last chance, if they fail to take it they'll be out of the game like all the others before them.

I think i heard enough false infos about Privacy u know m8, it's not that an assassin when caught has his name somehow defended cause of Privacy, it's name and shame. Cheaters break a law, they should be well known in community as any other untrustable person. Anyway keep up the house cleaning :)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
and there is famous nostromo, even minst tl sayed she use it.
3rd part program and huge help in rvr.
offcourse nobody dont use macros what nostromo have :D but anyway there is only 1 class, minstr, who get most benefit and this class is located alb, what you can waite? its ok to use this pad.

Mandi

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
If we catch you using it you'll lose your account. You aren't allowed to use any 3rd party software to give you an advantage in game or automate game tasks. Doesn't matter if you're AFK or not, you'll be banned regardless. It does give you an advantage as you can leave the program to trinket/skill for you while you are doing something else, any other crafter wouldn't have that advantage. It doesn't have to impact directly on another person's game play to be punishable. It's clearly stated in the CoC that you cannot use programs like this, regardless of what area of the game you are talking about. No difference between cheating in PvE, cheating in RvR, cheating as a crafter or whatever, all are treated equally seriously.

imo the biggest of them all is ppl using IRC to me...that's worse then radar o_O that's also a 3rd party program used to tell other realms about upcoming raids they plan in secret etc... has been abused alot...ban em all imo :D

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
Mandi said:
imo the biggest of them all is ppl using IRC to me...that's worse then radar o_O that's also a 3rd party program used to tell other realms about upcoming raids they plan in secret etc... has been abused alot...ban em all imo :D
IRC is pure evil, I should know!

But I wouldn't have near as many friends in DAoC if it wasn't for IRC and - and people who know me know I'm honest - I have never ever leaked information on IRC.

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
lies puff, you were talking about yesterdays alb rr weeks ago!

Scunner

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

I understand the point you have raised about a warning to others than cheating will not be accepted BUT by using this "one-off" suspension period you almost contradicted your policy. Basically you have implied that cheating wont be tollerated but those that have cheated will not loose any of the unfair advantage they have gained. They may have a short period when they cant log in to the game but people that have PVE abused keep their gained XP and those using radar get to keep gained realm points. That to me does not seem fair on the community of players that do play honest and fair. Basically says yeah thats your last chance everyone but doesnt really punish any of the current offenders, a few days ban for players is nothign especially this time of year when many will be at Christmas or offline anyway.

As i said i understand you taking action just dont think it's going to resolve/address the issue - seems a bit of injustice to me. Just my thoughts though.

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Sparrow said:
IRC is pure evil, I should know!

But I wouldn't have near as many friends in DAoC if it wasn't for IRC and - and people who know me know I'm honest - I have never ever leaked information on IRC.

As if you have any friends in daoc piff :(

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Mandi said:

put all drivers in jail, they drive a potential threat to peoples lives.. etc.. should put all beautyful wimen in jail too, since they can cause a carcrash, especially if a man is driving since we only stare at boobs. right?

Brolundar

One of Freddy's beloved
If I try to read between strokes, I do read this:

You may have used all kind of cheats/3rd party tools until caught.
You may keep all your archivements made until this time, e.g. RR and money from rvr, any lgm crafter and autoleveled chars too.

If some ppl were so stupid not to use them, their fault....

p.s. But in the end its like irl, all protection to the offender, but the victims ...

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Brolundar said:
If I try to read between strokes, I do read this:

You may have used all kind of cheats/3rd party tools until caught.
You may keep all your archivements made until this time, e.g. RR and money from rvr, any lgm crafter and autoleveled chars too.

If some ppl were so stupid not to use them, their fault....

p.s. But in the end its like irl, all protection to the offender, but the victims ...

If you get banned, does it really matter if you have RR11 and 200p?
Why don't people ever get satisfied?
Cheaters get banned - Fuck! It's not enough, shoot them too!
GOA posts news - Useless service, want the news more often!

And so on and so forth, blablabla

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I'm just sick of people who always need to take the easy way out.

Wonder where it will end..

Brolundar

One of Freddy's beloved
Derric said:

Just read again, they suspended, not banned.
Bann will be next time ...

Bla

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
With the current state of prydwen (low population) imagine the result after perm banning without warning the cheaters... gamer over..

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:
With the current state of prydwen (low population) imagine the result after perm banning without warning the cheaters... gamer over..

Please make me understand why you are here. There's no hope for the game, Midgård is fucked over, you get zerged, everyone cheats and the community is horrible.
Help yourself, help us, and move along, bye!

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Krissy said:
New breed just discovered!!!!!

Just as I workout what the 3 sexes are, another one apears :(
w00t?! you worked me out already?! :eek2:

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Derric said:

Derric is just bitter cos he got suspended and used radar again and got banned :(

Bad Derric! :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom