D-Link DSL504 problem

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
My net disconnected last night and hasn't been able to reconnect since. It's pissing me off because there doesn't seem to be any good reason for it.

It says this:
connecting.png

The it says this:
conn.failed.png

I haven't changed anything, I've unplugged the modem's power and plugged it back in but that didn't do bugger all. :(

I'm using my old Alcatel Speedtouch USB modem at the moment so I'm surviving, but I'd obviously like to find out what's wrong with the new one and fix it asap. TIA

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
caLLous said:
My net disconnected last night and hasn't been able to reconnect since. It's pissing me off because there doesn't seem to be any good reason for it.

It says this:
connecting.png

The it says this:
conn.failed.png

I haven't changed anything, I've unplugged the modem's power and plugged it back in but that didn't do bugger all. :(

I'm using my old Alcatel Speedtouch USB modem at the moment so I'm surviving, but I'd obviously like to find out what's wrong with the new one and fix it asap. TIA

Hhhmmm.. I have one of these routers myself and have not come across this. I take it you've checked all the 'no brainers' (ADSL link light on, status light flashing, network connection light OK)?

I don't know anything about Zen. Did they supply you with a Util that connects for you?

You should check your routers config in case it's, somehow, been zapped. point a browser at the routers IP (Normally 192.168.0.1). Unless you've changed things, the login should be username 'Admin' password 'admin'.

You should check that the values on the 'Mutltiple PVC' (Sounds a bit kinky if you ask me...) are all present and correct (Your ISP will be able to help you out with these).

You can also get the DSL 504 to check the status of it's connection. Use the 'maintainance' menu from the browser interface. There is a log in here you can check as well but it's pretty useless as it doesn't give you any date/time information.

If all of this seems OK router side, it points to a problem on the machine itself. Is your machine set up to get it's IP and DNS settings via DHCP?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
All the lights are doing what they should be doing. I've checked the router config repeatedly, but nothing changed so I don't know why this would be an issue. Everything on the Multiple PVC form is as per Zen's settings/instructions. Looking at the event log now and the only "fail" that seems to be reoccurring is [PPP]Up x mins x secs-Auth:pPP authentication fail.

Shrug. :(

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
caLLous said:
All the lights are doing what they should be doing. I've checked the router config repeatedly, but nothing changed so I don't know why this would be an issue. Everything on the Multiple PVC form is as per Zen's settings/instructions. Looking at the event log now and the only "fail" that seems to be reoccurring is [PPP]Up x mins x secs-Auth:pPP authentication fail.

Have you tried resetting your login details on the configuration page as per those from Zen?

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
caLLous said:

What does the 'Connection Status' say on the Multiple PVC page?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom