Cycling nirvana

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ironic really because you sound as you think you live in Fort Knox and getting in to your house would be hard :p

Absolutely not. But for a number of reasons I'd rather have 'em in the house.

I've an old crappy bike I use if I commute into town that wouldn't devestate me if it got stolen. I wouldn't be happy, like. But not devestated. That'll go into the shed.

However, having done thousands of miles, big holidays, snowdon, scotland, the lakes, canal trips et al on my main bike - you'd understand if a person would grow an emotional attachment to it.

Plus - things rust quickly in sheds. It'd be much more of a faff in there. And it looks good too.

Don't understand why you wouldn't just hang 'em on your walls if you could?

Embattle

FH is my second home
I was attached to my Klein Attitude Comp which I got in 1998 with money given to me for my 21st birthday. It was a great bike with a great frame and one of the best paints jobs I've seen on a bike (not my actual bike but to give you an idea of the paint - http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu350/Steve1976_photos/98attitude010.jpg which is even better in the flesh due to light changes) but last year was its final and with 16 years and some 30,000+ miles, many component changes, wheel rebuilds, etc. it has been finally and sadly been replaced. When not in use it was attached via a U lock to a wall anchor in a garage, it remained perfectly fine unless I got lazy and didn't wash the crude off for a while.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah - when I had a garage they'd reside in there. But not at this gaff...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Blimey, a face from the past :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom