Cyberpunk 2077

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Agreed and in that light, it's pretty straight up of them to say "have your money back" in comparison to how others behave in similar circumstances.

*cough* looking at you Gearbox and your Alien horror story *cough*

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Agreed and in that light, it's pretty straight up of them to say "have your money back" in comparison to how others behave in similar circumstances.

I'm not sure they deserve any praise when it is 100% obvious they knew the state the game was in and released it anyway before Christmas in a cynical cash-grab. Even if they give out a few refunds it still come out in their favour financially.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure they deserve any praise when it is 100% obvious they knew the state the game was in and released it anyway before Christmas in a cynical cash-grab. Even if they give out a few refunds it still come out in their favour financially.
Not meant to be praise, just saying it could be much worse.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They have some work to do to earn abck the trust, thats for sure. That said! I trust them more than I trust cunts like EA etc to fix the issues.

Embattle

FH is my second home
You know I've seen adverts, merchandise, etc. about this game and for some reason I've not actually bothered about the game itself....so is it supposed to be GTA like?

Ono

Part of the furniture
You know I've seen adverts, merchandise, etc. about this game and for some reason I've not actually bothered about the game itself....so is it supposed to be GTA like?
Same here. Also seen Steam activity being spammed by the friends who have bought it.

It's a FIRST person GTA type of open world game. Hyped to pieces as a true "next gen" game but I am not a big fan of the genre so will wait for it to be on sale and the bugs fixed.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Well if you don't dig too deep and just follow the main story blasting through the enemies with cool guns then there is fun to be had. But as an openworld RPG with the expected scale and depth of say GTA5 is falls far short especially from a companies that was promising so much and had the track record to make people believe them but in the end delivered on very little.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
LOL so a big bloke just came running at me with a crowbar, tripped over a dead woman and broke his own neck.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Played it 40 hours already, its an amazing game it works alright with my computer at sometimes sub 60fps but i got pretty lowend by todays standard 4.3ghz 7600k with 1070.
View: https://imgur.com/a/OZOJbEz

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I'm really enjoying it. I'm on holiday, so playing 3-4 hour a day. Some days, its one sitting, and I advance the main quest, otherwise, it's 3-4 one hour sittings, and I go bash some bad guys or do a side quest.

One thing I feel that's really missing is a deep reputational tracking system. I'm whacking Maelstroms and Tyger Claws over and over, and they don't seem to care. No one seems to notice that I exist at all, which is the biggest failing so far.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I've had a dozen random crashes recently, seems to be at really random points which I find weird. Probably a good idea til they release one of the major patches in Jan. Still very much playable for me though, just means I'm saving before/directly after any mission though.

Ono

Part of the furniture
I don't know why they bothered with last-gen consoles. I guess they were still relevant at the time of the original release plans.

Still not getting this game though. See what the Steam sales bring but it will unlikely hit that 50% off mark for me to consider this.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't know why they bothered with last-gen consoles. I guess they were still relevant at the time of the original release plans.

Still not getting this game though. See what the Steam sales bring but it will unlikely hit that 50% off mark for me to consider this.

Not sure why they bothered with Last Gen either, they should have cut Last Gen consoles once they had the means to push development on Series X and PS5, people would have been angry but I can't imagine it'd be worse than it is currently.

That said! I'm still really enjoying the game despite the bugs on PS5, such an amazing game with brilliant story lines and side quests.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
17.3gig patch just dropped that addresses some of the core issues... shall keep you posted what exactly it fixes. Should fix quite a bit though given the size of it.

• A bug is addressed where songs in the game might put a DMCA strike on your channel even when playing with the “Disable Copyrighted Music” option on.
  • Various Cyberpunk game crashing issues are also addressed.
  • The FPS drop problems and other issues are fixed.
  • Addressed texture related issues.
  • Fixes for audio-related problems are also added.
  • Fixed game loading issues.
  • Added performance fixes.

There are other under the hood fixes too which werent listed.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So doesn't fix any of AI or gameplay issues then. I literally machine gunned someone in the back of the head earlier. I had to reload half way through, they didn't mind waiting.

Meanwhile, some other guy that was quite clearly dead kept shouting why??

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So doesn't fix any of AI or gameplay issues then. I literally machine gunned someone in the back of the head earlier. I had to reload half way through, they didn't mind waiting.

Meanwhile, some other guy that was quite clearly dea kept shouting why??

Not sure, I play it on Very Hard the AI seems quite responsive on that. I'll tell you if it gets upped/harder.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm starting to think the entire episode is some sort of reflection on modern gaming.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ah there you go @Raven

Gameplay

• Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
  • Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.

Maybe that'll fix it? still a massive patch to come in both January and February they say as well, if this was 17.3gig fuck knows what a "Massive Patch" means... guessing 30gig+

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think at this point I will just wait until it leaves early access :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I think at this point I will just wait until it leaves early access :)

Wish I could stop playing it tbh until all the bugs and stuff were fixed because its still a great game despite the flaws atm.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Welp that 17.3 gig patch didn't stop the crashes on PS5 at least, framerate seems a lot more stable tho.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
What this game has done though is introduce a bit of an itch for a decent open world game, so I have reinstalled GTA5, not played it since joining the 4k club.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Crashes seem worse after the patch. I'd go 4-5 hours without a crash before patch, now I'm crashing several times an hour.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Crashes seem worse after the patch. I'd go 4-5 hours without a crash before patch, now I'm crashing several times an hour.

Defo seem more random thats for sure... someone discovered a bug that causes your save file to become corrupt if it exceeds 8mb as well.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I've just asked for a refund on Steam, 11 hours played so past the usual 2 hours but its clear that even if you don't consider the bugs that the game is just not finished, not even close.

It's like a 15-20 year old game with some sort of super texture pack. There might be a great story under there somewhere, I just can't be bothered to find it.

It's worth asking anyway :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Released purely for the Christmas rush, it was a horrible gamble on their behalf given they absolutely knew these problems were present. They have to No Man's Sky it now to gain the trust back I reckon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom