Cyberpunk 2077

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I just want them to hurry up and release the HD version of The Witcher 3, fancy another play through.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Make sure you have the very latest drivers that came out yesterday if you have an Nvidia card as they make a massive difference. I have everything on ultra with max RTX and it is a very very pretty game and the FPS seems fine too. I turned off film grain & motion blur as I hated those effects.
On which gpu?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm only on a over clocked 1080ti - will see how it runs, planning on a new card in the new year.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I'm only on a over clocked 1080ti - will see how it runs, planning on a new card in the new year.

It might not be as bad as you think as it's RTX that seems to be the FPS killer so that will not be a concern on a 1080. There's plenty of gfx settings to play with to find a good compromise between FPS and image quality.

After all the horror stories about bugs and performance that came out before release I can say I've been pleasantly surprised. I've only had 1 game breaking bug in 8 hours of play and my fps has been very playable.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
After all the horror stories about bugs and performance that came out before release I can say I've been pleasantly surprised. I've only had 1 game breaking bug in 8 hours of play and my fps has been very playable.

I crashed after confirming character creation due to overlay / driver issues, but not had any game breaking bugs since then. Mirror is bugged, not showing hair, and ear rings in wrong place, but that's the only glitch I've noticed in 3 hours of gameplay.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I went with the 2020 trend a dickless male with red hair and red nail varnish. I was tempted to give him a fanny mind.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
What background did you guys chose? I went Corpo, seems to be working out all right, lots of cool dialogue choice.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I went with the 2020 trend a dickless male with red hair and red nail varnish. I was tempted to give him a fanny mind.
IF there is an option i always play a female in these games. If i am gonna be staring at an arse for 100 hours it sure aint gonna be a dudes.

Zarjazz

IF there is an option i always play a female in these games. If i am gonna be staring at an arse for 100 hours it sure aint gonna be a dudes.

It's first person only which seems an odd choice given all the effort they put into the character customisation.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I just want them to hurry up and release the HD version of The Witcher 3, fancy another play through.
It's on Netflix and it looks super... man

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Played about 1h on the PS5 today and it's good so far. No complaints at all really. Few minor collision bugs which made me laugh though

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Its certainly a looker, had to turn it down to 2k on my 1080ti though.

I'm not sure so far, just finished the tutorial zone but there is something about the movement that I don't quite like, can't put my finger on it.

Zarjazz

It is odd. Some parts are fun and well done but others are broken or simply missing. I'm not taking about the bugs but various gameplay elements, features and mechanics. The GTA tweet is especially ironic because that does so much well but CP2077 gives the impression it was written by people who had never played GTA4 or 5 to see how it should be done. The driving is terrible, the AI is really bad, almost non-existent, and the NPC's are empty cardboard cut-outs that spawn in and out randomly. Bugs and optimization they can fix but as for the rest *shrug*

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Found Deeb's character

1607811138845.png

On another note! I have found a dildo called Sir Phallustiff that I can now bludgeon people to death with.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
A few hours in now

AI, dumb as fuck
Too many people walking about, just annoying bumping into everyone. Very little variance too.
So much stuff lying around that you just cant pick up
Really irritating building design, it is often a challenge to find how you get on the roof (the objective is always on a damn roof)

The combat is pretty good which is the only thing that is keeping me playing.

It's clearly not finished and was rushed to release. If people haven't bought it yet, I would wait a while.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Should they just have reskinned GTA5 and been done with it?

Right now, it's sounding like a miss to me unless the gameplay is wayyyy more interesting than Witcher - which we did manage to complete despite the regular tedium.

Zarjazz

Should they just have reskinned GTA5 and been done with it?

Right now, it's sounding like a miss to me unless the gameplay is wayyyy more interesting than Witcher - which we did manage to complete despite the regular tedium.

I don't know if they intended to make an inferior GTA clone but that is what they ended up with. An RPG set in a Cyberpunk city sounds great but there is almost no RPG elements left in the released version. There are lots of skill perks for various build paths but the barrier to experiment and try and see what is good or bad or enjoyable is far far too high. Frankly getting a gun and hitting the bullet sponge enemies is still the easiest method. That is not what you got in the Witcher series at all. You definitely get the impression they had planned for many more elements to be in the game but they had to strip it all back to rush out a bare-bone version in the end. For example after an early tutorial mission a characters gives you an item to perform brain dances after you complete it. However after that all the BD discs you find are "not compatible with this device". After about 15 minutes the 3 starting options just merge into the same story and only give some non game changing conversation options after that. They become meaningless. Development must have been a chaotic mess behind closed doors with no focus - apart from the nice graphics and city architecture is does not play like it was 7 years in development. The more I play the more issues that you notice. The AI is probably the worst in any major AAA game I've ever seen and honestly seems like something knocked up by an intern in 2 weeks. as their first coding project.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's quite funny when enemies literally run into your bullets, set up a choke point and its en easy fight. Been on it most of the day but getting pretty bored of it now.
Such a shame.

The stealthy stuff is weird too, very very forgiving.

Zarjazz

It's quite funny when enemies literally run into your bullets, set up a choke point and its en easy fight. Been on it most of the day but getting pretty bored of it now.

The police are hilarious. I've walked past them on several occasions and they suddenly start shooting me for no reason. Other times I can stand next to a cop and start blasting a crowd of innocent bystanders and he does nothing. The worst of course is their miraculous ability to teleport to anywhere on the map instantly based on a crime that no one saw. That's some futuristic tech right there.

scoop

Can't get enough of FH
FH Subscriber
I asked my nephew about this game. Said he's really enjoying it.

Asked a guy at work -big Witcher fan- also really enjoying it.

Conclusion: both use the same crack dealer as they've not mentioned anything that you's have mentioned / what has been said elsewhere online. Even watching this puts me off :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzD-ItyMu_g

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
His final point about disappointment sums it up for me. I really hope they can fix it but there is an awful lot to do.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Restarted as Corpo, no real reason, enjoying the game a lot and just fancied a fresh character/different build :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
'nothing to see here' older consoles should have been kicked into the grass and released at a later date. Fixing it to run on redundant hardware isn't going to fix all the glaring faults with the game, shit AI, empty world, hilarious collisions etc

It's supposed to be a next gen game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom