CV advice

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Went for a job interview last week. Got sent an email yesterday asking to set up a 30 minute phone interview with their "Talent acquisition manager." Have you ever heard such Yank bollox in your life? I've already done an in person interview with 5 people who I would actually work with on a daily basis! They also asked for my references, but didn't fucking call anyone, they emailed some fill in the blank form!

Americans.

I think I was on something like interview no.7 or 8 for a job with Amazon when I got back from travelling, and there were at least a couple more to go. The Ann Summers job came along, two interviews in five days, started a week later. American corporations are scared to death of recruitment mistakes (God knows why when its so easy to fire people) so the world and his wife is involved. And I really hate phone interviews, especially with Americans.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Another department in my company hired a brit guy who had been in Saudi for 16 years not long ago. Wasn't even a major city, just some small research place in the north of Saudi. Talking to the Director who hired him I said either the guy is a complete fruitcake or an alcoholic. No one can survive 16 years in that shit hole of country without being one or the other. So he turned up for work and it was all good, seemed like a nice guy. I even got to thinking I was totally wrong about what kind of person he would be.... Then comes the weekend....after which he goes missing, no one can get hold of him. HR end up going to his apartment where his wife answers the door. She tells the them, "He is likely been out on a bender and could go missing for 3-4 days, it's just what he does! I don't even get worried unless its over a week!"

He doesn't work here anymore. He had great references though!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
what a lad.

Unfortunately he was bit to be doling it still. More like that's a bit sad.

Was trying to think of the famous Irish actor who said to his wife he was popping out for a paper. Went on a bender returning 3 days later asking why his wife hadn't paid the ransom. Epic!

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I think I was on something like interview no.7 or 8 for a job with Amazon when I got back from travelling, and there were at least a couple more to go. The Ann Summers job came along, two interviews in five days, started a week later. American corporations are scared to death of recruitment mistakes (God knows why when its so easy to fire people) so the world and his wife is involved. And I really hate phone interviews, especially with Americans.

Any ideas as to what kind of question I should expect? I just don't understand why I didn't talk with HR first as a pre-screening and then talk to the people who would actually decide to hire me?

Are they going to expect me to answer the same "What is your greatest weakness" bollox again?

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
They offered me the job at the end of the interview! Job security! In production! I can't believe it.

BEER TONIGHT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom