Curious about those 'euro' servers.

S

Souljourner

hi,
I'm a US player and i stumbled here by accident, i was just curious if Europeans and others around the world had access to the US servers. If so, why not play on them? I notice there's a sizable amount of Japanese players on the US servers (many of the top players). I was just curious if any Europeans played here as well.

Only advantage i can see is getting the patches earlier. ...well... thats sometimes an advantage >< (see 1.62).

Also i was amazed at the community on these Euro servers. Seems like the US servers have SO many people across the servers that you don't hear about the duels and contest enough. Although it IS nice to RvR in 300(albs) vs 150 vs 150 keep forces on occasion.

U

Urme the Legend

We need a copy of the US version to play on the US servers.

R

Randalff

i want to play @ daytime and not in the middle of the night :) cuz when it's day in the US it's night here. so if I would play daytimes here it would be deserted on the US servers at that time :)

still, some european ppl play on the US servers but mosly only european players play here...

/edit:

oh and a 150 vs 150 would probably only result in a freaking zonecrash :<

E

eldgrim

I used to play on Merlin a few years ago..but as stated above when I play, most US guys are asleep and I want to be able to attend events and such while still having a dayjob..as an option atleast :p

L

legionaire

I played on the US Servers and tbh the main problem was whenever i logged on it was too quiet.The US servers did seem to have a larger proportion of Roleplayers as well compared to the Euro servers.

T

Thorarin

Originally posted by legionaire
The US servers did seem to have a larger proportion of Roleplayers as well compared to the Euro servers.

And that's a bad thing?

U

uglymug

Originally posted by Souljourner
hi,
I'm a US player and i stumbled here by accident, i was just curious if Europeans and others around the world had access to the US servers. If so, why not play on them?
cus i'm a european, not an american ... cus i like playing with europeans ... cus i bought a european version ...

E

--Eraser--

Originally posted by Urme the Legend
We need a copy of the US version to play on the US servers.

i think thats the one and only reason, a lot of ppl would at least like to check out US servers, but buying another copy of the game (US one) is too nasty.

Originally posted by Randalff
ioh and a 150 vs 150 would probably only result in a freaking zonecrash :<

hell yes, GOA (french company who's providing daoc in europe, just in case souljourner doesnt know) promised us a server upgrade for excalibur since ages...it keeps freaking up on every too big relic raid :m00:

P

parisienscot

Seems like the US servers have SO many people across the servers that you don't hear about the duels and contest enough. Although it IS nice to RvR in 300(albs) vs 150 vs 150 keep forces on occasion.

Hmm that's a bit arrogant - didn't you know that because you have SO many servers that the population concentration is well below European levels - therefore European servers (in general - not all I admit) actually have more active RVR than the US ones.

Do you want the address of a store where you can buy the European version? ;-)

A

Aule Valar

well thats probably about the same total number of players as there where albs + mids the first time we got a cs established and defended in odins after 1.57, what a battle :eek:

N

Nichneven

hi,
I'm a US player and i stumbled here by accident, i was just curious if Europeans and others around the world had access to the US servers. If so, why not play on them? I notice there's a sizable amount of Japanese players on the US servers (many of the top players). I was just curious if any Europeans played here as well.

Only advantage i can see is getting the patches earlier. ...well... thats sometimes an advantage >< (see 1.62).

Also i was amazed at the community on these Euro servers. Seems like the US servers have SO many people across the servers that you don't hear about the duels and contest enough. Although it IS nice to RvR in 300(albs) vs 150 vs 150 keep forces on occasion.

MY PEOPLE!!!!
:bazbeer:

<-- American :clap:
btw I went out and bought a European version when I was in England... and I had a friend mail me the euro version of SI. It's not that hard to do. Honestly I haven't had a desire to play on the American servers. I like it just fine over here with the cool people :cool:

S

seeaira

Im also American and tbh I would love to play on the US servers so I could have a char in each realm with 100 alts lol.. but im a wimp.. I go to bed around 8 at night cause i have been doing things on UK time for too long lol. The prime time for them is from 12pm to 7ish pm US time, (they are 5 hours ahead) and thats a perfect time for me. But another great thing to think about is the people here... where else do you get to here "bloody hell" "cant be arsed" and all the other things I love to make fun of them for lol as well as.. brits can have a good nasty word fight with you and the next day are still calling you M8 lol. I also get to flame the french here, :D Anyhoo if you wanna try it out.. you dont need to buy the game.. just get someone to send you a file. Then buy someones account.. of course.. no selling on BW :puke:

R

RipsaW^

pretty much what Hit ^_^ said

shit pings and americans
no ta

O

old.Rei Ayanami

Met a friend's boyfriend the other day while i was crafting with my healer. He had just borrowed her account and started a healer alt. First message i got was: Pom me! ... I was watching TV at the same time so when i got up and started casting he said: "NOWWWW!!!!!". I ignored his rather negative comments and later she told me: "That's usual, he's plays on the US servers". - So imo the people are nicer here on the EU servers.

S

seeaira

Originally posted by old.Rei Ayanami
Met a friend's boyfriend the other day while i was crafting with my healer. He had just borrowed her account and started a healer alt. First message i got was: Pom me! ... I was watching TV at the same time so when i got up and started casting he said: "NOWWWW!!!!!". I ignored his rather negative comments and later she told me: "That's usual, he's plays on the US servers". - So imo the people are nicer here on the EU servers.

Umm... thats a very silly statement imo. How can you tell me you think people are friendly here due to one person you met who was a jack ass? So can I ask something.. to the 100 dickheads I have run into here should I let the US people know on the thier forums you guys are all ass holes? Lame eh? Imo both US and Euro are great and have fun people.. I have met some great people here and I think its great to "cross realms" in real life and be able to meet different people. Dont put down people based on one person. And I had a lvl 43 healer on pry/mid and I got the "Giv Pom now m8 plz" all the freeking time.. and not a one was american.:p

S

Souljourner

wow, i didn't think i'd get a response.

But now that i did, it actually makes we want to go out and try the Euro servers... (someday). I guess having 2-3 servers( is that what you guys have?) actually makes you level. I have 3 50s but alot of my friends have never hit 50, after a year of play, because they keep switching server/realm. Which is fine i guess.

Oh and yes the 150 vs 150 vs 150 is a bit exhaggeratted but we do get fairly high turnouts in RvR. Last night, a normal tuesday, we(mids) with 90+ defended Beno against albs(about 120) .. hibs had about 24 in small gank groups cleaning up stragglers ;)

But... more isn't always better.

I know this is a very subjective question but, 'what do you think is the 'skill level' of the RvR crowd on excalibur and Prydwen'?

On some Us servers nothing but zergs run about (lancelot) with the lucky 'elites' running around 'Warder Farming' gaining enormous Rps. On others (palomides/smaller) very elite high RR RvR groups run about and clash... with occasional zergs.

I was just interested in knowing what's the RvR atmosphere like. Realms balanced? Even holdings of relics on an 'over-time' basis? Raids? High Dungeon Raids? Also, what is the average amount of people on during primetime?

Someone mentioned US servers having less people per server due to the vast number of servers. On the 5 largest servers it's about 2k+ primetime, 1k+ on weekdays primetime and about 900+ any other time of day. (right now, 10pm pacific 1.2k - 2k across 5 top servers, this is bedtime for the rest of the US)

One last thing, we aren't all rude ;) Just some of us ;)

-Soul

T

Thorarin

There are more European servers than the 2 or 3 (one is PvP) servers people were talking about, but they are in German or French. So in theory you have quite a few servers to play on, but most people choose to stick to their language of preference. I think we have 1 German and 1 French guy in our guild at the moment, that's it.

We've seen Albions trying to take back one of their keeps with 223 people in the area recently, though that was just after they had gained some relics, so granted they are a bit more on their toes than usual :)

I can't really judge about the RvR skill level difference between Excalibur and Prydwen, but on Excalibur it's usually the albs that zerg, here in midgard people tend to prefer good single groups, though if they keep running into 4+ FG they will relunctantly band together after being farmed a couple of times ;) There are several 'elite' guilds around that work very well in RvR, they generally move with either 1 or 2 groups.

There tend to be more albs than other realms, especially on the languages' primary servers, though the difference nowadays is somewhat smaller than it used to be, I think. At least in Excalibur/Midgard we have regular epic dungeon raids.

Server population fluctuates more than in the US I think, on Excalibur it's just over 200 people at 6 AM, and around 2500 to 2800 at 9 PM. Probably has something to do with there being less of a timezone difference here and the US having Europeans that play there, etc.

For server population stats: http://camelot-europe.goa.com/stats/stats.php?lng=en ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Grrr had a nice long reply written out and me browser crashed - argh!

Populationwise Excalibur is pretty close to capped at peak times (just under 3k), the top 3 german servers keep hitting the roof, as do the top two french servers.

Prydwen's a bit quieter and usually doesn't get much over 2000 at peak times.

But we sure know about large-scale fights ;) You seem to think populations in EU are lower than Merlin or whatever - much closer to servers like Guinevere :)

Patches are delayed by a month or two which is both good and bad... bad because you don't get the new stuff, good because you get a chance to plan.

GOA put in some quests recently, and did the occasional geersha invasion in the past... they also help out player-run events (see the duel tournaments -alb hib and there's a mid one somewhere too :) ) They've also had some funny NPC's trying to roleplay with the l33t d00ds which is amusing to watch (peridon, faelinolas)

As for the people you get morons everywhere and nice people everywhere :)

Same shit, different accent.

O

old.Ramas

On some Us servers nothing but zergs run about (lancelot) with the lucky 'elites' running around 'Warder Farming' gaining enormous Rps. On others (palomides/smaller) very elite high RR RvR groups run about and clash... with occasional zergs.

It is getting pretty zergy on excal lately - mostly due to high population. And red guard.

It comes and goes though, right now there are 2 fairly organised realms (mid and alb), when that's the case zergs tend to escalate.

At somepoint one realm or the other will fall into chaos, and then noone can get anything done and becomes unable to organise zergs, so everyone relaxes and you get more 1/2fg vs 1/2fg stuff. You still run ino Hibgard zergs in emain/odins/hadrians but bref/jamt are usually ok. I imagine Hibgard players also hit alb zergs to some degree in the zerg zones too.

As for the people you get morons everywhere and nice people everywhere

Same shit, different accent.

yup.

O

old.Rei Ayanami

All i said was she made it sound like it was a normal thing to be unpolite ect. on the US servers. And after all the thing did happen, so don't blame me for that. The person was english irl so it was no offense to american players which i enjoy the company of alot :) Just an example of what i have seen from US players. :)

P

Puppetmistress

I still got both accounts, but US is booring for Europeans who play regular times.

But about the lag: US is better playable then Euro for me, I think Excalibur needs a new server :)

A

Ailyn

US servers got better support , less lagg.
EU servers got better EU-primetime, realy the only reasson to play eu release.

So imo it was a big misstake off Mythic letting GoA set up EU servers .. would be alot better if there only was one release of daoc .. the us one :).

And its pretty much BS that us have more assholes than eu. But US got more Ebay n00bs thats for sure :)

H

hercules-df

hehe Souljourner
excal rvr is a lot like england v germany. the hatred between alb and mid is huge, hibs are just there to laugh at both realms.

A

Apprentice

Originally posted by Randalff

oh and a 150 vs 150 would probably only result in a freaking zonecrash :<

hmm TBH its almost 150 vs 150 in emain sometimes

I

Ialkarn

Cause Exalibur is the best RvR server of the world
it's the server where the strongest players are.

D

Driwen

actually mythic didnt do much to do the darkwolves thing, where i think goa would have acted (someone "stole" a respec stone from a raid by scamming the organiser, goa tracked it down and gave it back:). Now there is also the new quests, which are just for fun, but some people might like it:). And the help with events, the duel contests in albion/hib and mid (in mid it was in nisse lair and the orger got dressed up as a tomte :)).
But mythic has beter servers (i think?) and the csr in game, allthough not everyone are so happy with the performance of them atm. But it prolly beats having none;). And there are prolly many more advantages of playing on us servers.

But in the end it isnt just pure the gaming time, its the things goa do and I like the company of the people on this server :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom