CU forum colours?

Tanos

Regular Freddie
Pleeeease not red. Red on blue is very bad to read because they have a big perceptional distance. You mabye try something light orange/yellowish? /beg

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Think I hade a go at black and grey (for kicks) back when we switched to Xenforo. Which looked pretty awesome.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
sure thing. I'm just experimenting atm as is having only just now seen what the forum software expects to me to deliver. also, something orange-ish would be pretty complementary to that primary I picked out so you're quite correct.

I'm a reasonably feedbacky kind of guy so I will be posting images of what I make as I go along :)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Should just enable it here so we can choose it and have a look at it. The negative feedback will hit you like a brick, so you can start all over again just when you think you're done. :D

TdC

hah I'll just ban anyone who disagrees! all will love me and despair!! :eek:

TdC

*blush* best thing I've heard all morning! :D

boxfetish

Fledgling Freddie
I was going to change from the green, but the other two are much worse. I am fine with this green or whatever. All I would ask is that the text is white and the background is dark (instead of black text on a light background).

TdC

oooh I suddenly remember why I hate designing for the web! *seethe* :eek:

binskki

Fledgling Freddie
I have a problem with the really bright, contrasty colors - I love the Freddy's green but had to change it almost immediately as my eyes felt like they were coming out of my head, lol.

Must be a middle-aged eyesight thing. (I couldn't play comfortably in the bright orange zones in WoW either...had to limit my time there.)

Silly body, not working as well as it used to, pfft.

Anyhow, I do not have a design agenda, and will work with whatever people like. I did kind of like the Depths color idea, but could just be because that Depths concept art is so bloody cool. :)

TdC

stuff starting to come together. bear with me I haven't had a lot of sleep :)

CUupdate1.png

TdC

cheers guys :D

this is only a rough first go btw. I have to do some stuff for a bit but afterwards I shall give it some more welly :)

TdC

a little closer again. I'm already starting to obsess about tiny things so I'm away to get some foods :D

CUupdate2.png

TdC

there is never too much cowbell!!!

TdC

Ok I'm 90% there. Here's some pics of the proposed CU style in action. Since I didn't know anything about the forum software before about 12.30 today I'm actually kind of pleased (patting my own back hey ho :) ) how stuff is turning out.

I know looking at pics is one thing and the real proof of the pudding is in the eating so I'm looking at Deebs and MYstIC G to check out the test forums :p

Main Page:

CU_main-page.png

Forum Page:
CU_forum-page.png

In a thread:
CU_in-a-thread.png

In usercp:
CU_user-controls.png

Once you get to the thread level it's actually kind of minimal-esque which pleases me. I'm still messing with things here and there. Anyway, bed time :)

TdC

I use the green myself :) I'm basically doing all of this for the CU forum and also to guilt Deebs into buying me beer :D

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
Can we please have like....

Black, with white text, with perhaps a dark green outline around objects? I think that'd fit the feeling. None of the current ones really are appealing...no offense.

Or do you see this forum?

https://www.simply-gaming.com/camelot/forum/

Their colors are nice. The green, orange, and white are all eye-bleeders.

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
Yes, I saw the one he was making. But it's still pretty bad. It's better, but I mean cmon, can't we have a dark puree type one?

TdC

different strokes for different folks :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Once you get to the thread level it's actually kind of minimal-esque which pleases me. I'm still messing with things here and there. Anyway, bed time :)
Looks good but did you need to spaff all over the pictures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom