CS weapon models

S

S-Gray

hmm i didnt know you could get kicked for usin some types of Skins...

/me is now careful when downloading and over writing :D

O

old.Mr Crapini

I completely agree with Skyler. I'm just sorry that the rest of the CS community hasn't already objected enough to stop this. And the chances are it won't and as a result you may as well do what the hell you like because the people that are killing you are using some if not all of those gray area tweeks, so why shouldn't you ??
If they are stopped then they are stopped, if they are not ppl will use them to gain advantage over you.

O

old.D0LLySh33p

:( I disagree with having big models and stuff to see where people are when they crouch behind crates, etc.

Though I stick by the simple models I have. At least I know exactly where the hitboxes are, etc. with them. Plus they do look kinda funny... i.e. a box for head, box for legs, etc. :)

W

Will

Originally posted by D0LLySh33p
:( I disagree with having big models and stuff to see where people are when they crouch behind crates, etc.
That is why Valve enforce p_model consistency. you can't have those bigger models without a hack of somekind, the dimensions must be almost identical in size to the originals. I feel like I'm taking to myself sometimes.;)

The skinning community keeps a lot of people interested in the game, variety is the spice of life and all. Altered player skins are a bit more in doubt, but I don't see the harm in w_models, and v_models don't affect gameplay one little bit, just change the boring old view. As for model colours, there are so many over-the-top gamma tweaks out there, an altered model colour will make not one jot of difference.

And I forgot the crosshair colour. *sigh*

R

Rubber Bullets

I do agree mostly with Itchy, I really like my v_models of the AK, Colt and a couple of others, and find they enhance the game for me. I have never felt they give me any advantage at all, except the slightly odd effect that I seem to shoot better with a nicer model (go figure).

I did for a while use some player skins, they were just higher res, with the same camo but slightly different facial features etc. Again there was no advantage, (perhaps due to the low standard I play at)

Dolly, the hitboxes extend slightly outside the player so your models must give you a slight advantage, just by their greater visibility. I shall take solace in this fact the next time you put a bullet through my head :)

I would be unhappy to have to do without my v_models but I guess the others could be fixed to ensure that people do not get the advantages mentioned in this thread.

s

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Originally posted by schadenfreude
Dolly, the hitboxes extend slightly outside the player so your models must give you a slight advantage, just by their greater visibility. I shall take solace in this fact the next time you put a bullet through my head :)

:p

Though I have died on a few occasions when I haven't been able to tell the colour of the model in front of me, and hence whether it's a ct or t - hence dying horribly. Models are the same for all barring skin colours you see with my model pack. Saying that, that's what radars are for I guess ;)

T

Tom

I tend to look at the silhouette, not the colours. Usually works for me.

E

e_chrono

i thought P was the one you see in ur hands (P for Player) and W is the one YOU see everyone else holding (W for World)
guess im wrong =/

And sh33peh

can u send me ur CPL oneZ pwwwwwwease...

mite make me an ickle better @ CS :D

S

Skyler

Maybe it is chrono, I cant remember :p

But dolly I would really get rid of those models, they are uber dodgy and cheating :/

As for changing v_ weapon models, that is totally fine, because it only affects what you see.

Changing p_ and w_ can make subtle differences as to the length of certain guns, within the enforcing ranges. Thus a camper behind a box could have the tip of his gun out the edge, and youd spot it and kill him.

Gives an unfair advantage.

As for changing the xhair, never change xhair except with adjust_crosshair command...

M

Moving Target

Well frankly I don't give a shit if using different models is cheating, I'm not changing them.

S

S-Gray

Originally posted by Moving Target
Well frankly I don't give a shit if using different models is cheating, I'm not changing them.

lol indeed

S

Skyler

Youll get banned from places then wont ya.

Your also just as bad as myg0t, or any other cheats.

Pathetic.

S

S-Gray

well i only use Barrysworld and some Servers like Abfab and KEA, and as far as i know they dont have a rule on Player Skins, but if they did then obviously i would change back to originals straight away

S

Skyler

We have a rule of no cheating, changing player models can result in an unfair advantage over other players which is the definition for cheating.

The line must be drawn somewhere...

I mean, some people say that they have to cheat twice to be banned...

Some say people install a cheat and deserve banning...

Some say coloured models are ok...

etc.etc.

We must draw the line..

Any script beyond a buy script = cheat.

Any model/sound change made to cs beyond defaults = cheat.

v_ weapon models are only weapon models allowed.

If you give me the choice to get smoe new models, and to change weapon models besides v_ and to change sounds... I'd be nearly as good as if i used a wallhack...

And you people think thats fair? :p

W

Will

Skyler, what bit of "You can't increase the size of the p_model, the server won't let you" is hard to understand?

And I think saying no custom skins is the offical Barrysworld line is laughable. Same as saying no scripts except a buy script.

M

Moön

What we need is an original CS high definition pack thats optional to use .

And imo scripts are ok I use none what so ever but I have heard of people using silenced AWM's etc and I'm sure you can work that out .

W

Will

There is a high definition pack available, it replaces most of the p_models and all of the w_models with higher polygon count models.

As for the silenced AWP script and other exploits, they are just that, exploits, and therefore cheating. However, I can't see the harm in a radio bind, or a walk toggle, and rcon scripts are very very handy indeed.

S

S-Gray

now that you mention walk toggle, someone asked me if they could walk constantly by pressing a key, rather than pressing <key> and foward..

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by Skyler
Youll get banned from places then wont ya.

Your also just as bad as myg0t, or any other cheats.

Pathetic.

Er, no. I don't quite use server crash .cfgs and OGC. Thanks. And I don't quite see it as cheating otherwise they wouldn't have a skin and model site on the actual CS webby :rolleyes:

W

Will

He's talking shite MT, though scarily he is an official Barryworld CS admin.

I can see it now...

"Is anyone here using custom skins?"
"Yes"
"You are all banned."

So not going to happen.

O

old.katerina

Itchy is right, p models were enforced for consistency after beta 7.

W models cannot help player at all gain any advantage, its scary a BW admin is not aware of this.

F

Fex

Well all my skins for player models and all but 1 weapon are the origionals, all of them exept the para skin where i have a nifty dual P90 thing going on. Looks better than that damn big thing that you usually see :)

C

Ch3tan

LOL, changing player and weapon models is cheating?

Jesus christ, in a league maybe not having default or league approved models could be considered cheating, but on a public server having a model that looks better or helps your performance is hardly cheating. People are so over paranoid in cs, it really makes me laugh.

S

S-Gray

but how would you prove that they aint usin models which are allowed when in the leagues?

W

Will

A screenshot is the only way to do it. And cheers for the backup people. :D

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Heh, I would never get rid of my walking hitboxes.

I'd feel lonely without them :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom