CS GO

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The new version of Dust is great, a much more balanced map. All in all this is proving to be better than CSS in my opinion.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yeah new dust is a lot better, they should do something similar with aztec though but they ruined inferno by trying to do a similar thing by giving protection down banana.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
throdgrain said:
The new version of Dust is great, a much more balanced map. All in all this is proving to be better than CSS in my opinion.

It's getting good reviews to be fair.

Xbox or PS3 version throdders ;)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I play on the Yorkshire one quite a bit, it was quite good in CSS so will get good players, and I play on the Nueon Dads Army server too.

Ono

Part of the furniture
can't find those on the server browser.

I am on UKCS or UK::CSG servers mostly.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Hey, so is this still good ? I seem to have accidentally bought it, but haven't got around to playing just yet

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Its fucking great, so much better than CoD, I'd forgotton how much :)

opticle

Part of the furniture
What's your steamname? I'll check it out later :X

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Mossberg.

I found an interesting thing, if you're playing on a server with a couple of bots, and you die, you can press E and take over control of the bot till the end of the round. Neat.

Ono

Part of the furniture
OH, so YOU'RE Mossberg!! LOL.

I absolutely adore this.

Ono

Part of the furniture
Well, he's always been known as Throddy on servers I played in the passed.

Anyway JBJ - you not bought CS:GO yet you tight arse?

Ono

Part of the furniture
I think they add to the game. Not so much for killing but certainly for slowing down and flushing out.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I haven't got this, I played the Beta though, Molotovs ruined it for me, it took away the realistic element of the CTs using Molotovs? - as if they would. T's should use them, and CT's should have gas grenades or something :p

I remember at one point on Source where you could have 2 primary weapons, and the smoke grenade did damage over time :p

opticle

Part of the furniture
Aye, I don't like the molotovs, they ruin Terrorist rushes for one. I don't think they add to the game, they just distract from HE grenades, smokes and FBs, which were great - you don't need more than that. And decoy nades ? Meh. And as Gwadien says - CTs using molotovs? Wtf?

Having too many weapons distracts and confuses it from what CS always was - tactics and skill.

Also, imo the models for cts / terrorists are too similar, beyond 20 feet I can't tell them apart.

Still fun though :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I love this game, I havent played anything else since it came out :) I think the Molotovs are like anything, you will get used to them, and if they ever remove them again you'll complain bitterly about how much you liked them :p

(Only exception to this being the shield, never met anyone who liked that! )

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ono said:
Well, he's always been known as Throddy on servers I played in the passed.

Anyway JBJ - you not bought CS:GO yet you tight arse?

I have it but no time to play it!!

opticle

Part of the furniture
It feels all wrong :(

I'm giving it a chance but I'm not sure it's for me. Tbh, I lost interest in CS when CS Source came out. I'll give it a chance and see if it grows on me, but tbh it feels even more like an Arcade version of CS than Source did.

Server sizes are too big, they've overcomplicated the guns and everyone plays it like it's Team Deathmatch.

The great thing about CS was that you didn't need tonnes of guns - everyone had similar kit and so it was all about skills and tactics. Rounds on CS GO seem to fly by as everyone runs in shooting; in the good days of CS, some rounds would be so slow, but they'd still be fucking great fun.

And now even I'd awesome at awp-ing. Too easy.

I'll see how it goes - I'm having good fun complaining about things with a few other grumpy gits on servers in the meantime ;)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Join competitive mode, it's 5v5 with a better ruleset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom