Crowd control suggestion

K

kirennia

Originally posted by Ekydus
You do realise Sorcerers can use Confuse in PvE but not in RvR. Please stay quiet if you don't know what you're talking about.

Mobs that have confuse and kill other mobs, you don't get exp for I don't think m8. Then again, I could be wrong

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by Ekydus
You do realise Sorcerers can use Confuse in PvE but not in RvR. Please stay quiet if you don't know what you're talking about.

Want to back that up with a reasoned argument instead of an ill-thought through flame? :)

And for some strange reason, there seems to be a desperate shortage of sorcerers in Mid and Hib, no idea why.

On the subject of 'Confuse' itself though, in my experience groups hate this spell since it prevents proper control of a situation ie reliable xp. Yes, it can be useful in certain instances such as to get agro off a support char, but generally its more of a liability to a group, especially in a tightly packed dungeon. Solo, its a different matter, I know runies rave about the fun you can have with it.

G

geldor

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Danyan
Hmm, so you take minstrel stun and give back nothing, very balanced.
You take warden pbt and give end chant, thus leaving wardens as useless (bards can do end and CC, wardens are only there for pbt).

Not a good set of changes.

BTW, something you people all miss with this longer fights and less CC thing is that casters get even more gimped by it. Without CC casters just die. They can't cast due to interrupts and they don't do well in long fights anyway due to their power pool being too small (also an issue for healers). Sure it's great for the tanks, but it gimps everyone else massively. And it's not like tanks don't have enough anti-CC stuff as it is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i meant give wardens end chant an take it away from bards. give wardens a bit more dmg or better yet clerick staff styles :D

then end would be non interuptable on a hevy class so we mite get to use it through a fite :)

as for mincers not getin anything back i say they need a nerf or give bard chain an staelth an climb walls and insta stun \o/

also give the warden the bard heal chant in their nurt line to

about the buble on a pb class that bad idear but didnt wana leave it on warden so i thaught a cloth caster sounds fair maby mana meant wiould be better i think it would :)

E

Ekydus

My point is that spells can be allowed in PvE and not in RvR. Like you said if you got rid of them it would screw up the game... :rolleyes:

S

SilverHood

make mez into a temp faction change... say, make mobs that are "mezzed" go neutral+amnesia... hence no aggro

no need for mez in PvE then, and it would make RvR more fun

G

geldor

/g and give bards abletive chant that should keep em alive alittle longer :)

T

tasllehoff

There is coming an rvr expansion ... one day, dont know when :D ... maybe there they are doing some stuff about it .... dont think they will begin to change much in rvr be4 that

O

old.Iunliten

Strange how midget mafia, public enemies and eclipse groups never seem to stay mezzed in RvR...

Maybe I dunno, tools to work around it?

Demezz, Determination, Purge (group version to for hibs), Resist buffs, SC setup?

D

Danya

Originally posted by geldor
i meant give wardens end chant an take it away from bards. give wardens a bit more dmg or better yet clerick staff styles :D

then end would be non interuptable on a hevy class so we mite get to use it through a fite :)

as for mincers not getin anything back i say they need a nerf or give bard chain an staelth an climb walls and insta stun \o/

also give the warden the bard heal chant in their nurt line to

about the buble on a pb class that bad idear but didnt wana leave it on warden so i thaught a cloth caster sounds fair maby mana meant wiould be better i think it would :)

So uh you gimp bards over bigtime, move all their tricks to warden and then overpower mana eldritchs... quick let me call Mythic RIGHT NOW! :p

Then you decide to ungimp bards by giving them all the minstrel stuff as well as all the bard stuff, genius. Sure bards can have climb wall and stealth and such, but they'll need to give up buffs, heals, decent ae mezz, end song, lull, etc. :p
As for minstrels needing a nerf, play one then moan.

G

geldor

also sorcs r a bit over powerd give their mess to lite eld an give lite eld cold debuff an a spec dot :) and maby a aoe stun :)

i think my new hib is lookin prety good :)

B

Balbor

there needs to be a new way of how resist work imo, based on the classes of the player. The Strongest resist can be taken up to a max of a 2/3 of level +1 (34% at L50) while weaker ones at 1/4 +1.

Strong Resist: 66% +1 (34% max)
Standard Resist: 50% +1 (26% Max)
Pour Resist: 33% +1 (17% Max)
Weak 25% +1 (13% Max)

All classes have 2 Stong Resists, 3 Standard, 2 Pour and 2 Weak. Tanks would natural be more resistent to weapon damage types and weak against magic.
So an Armsman may look something like this:
Slash: 66% +1 Crush: 66% +1 Thrust: 50% +1
Enery: 25% +1 Body: 50% +1 Matter: 50% +1
Heat: 25% +1 Cold: 33% +1 Spirit: 33% +1

and a Wizard may look something like this:
Slash: 25% +1 Crush: 33% +1 Thrust: 25% +1
Enery: 50% +1 Body: 50% +1 Matter: 50% +1
Heat: 66% +1 Cold: 66% +1 Spirit: 33% +1

On top of that the resists are capped at x2 of there normal max, ie: 68% for Strong, 52% standard, 34% pour and 26% weak.

S

scarffs

Ok, so now that La is nerfed and end is ALSO nerfed, lets take ae stun away...
Whats next ?

D

Damon_D

I say give shaman stealth , aoe stun to go with his aoe dot, 3x spec points, pbt and speccable weapon.....and maybe a haubitzer

B

Balbor

Originally posted by scarffs
Ok, so now that La is nerfed and end is ALSO nerfed, lets take ae stun away...
Whats next ?

when will mids not whinning about there beloved Left Axe, it wasn't nerfed its just been put in line with other duel weapon users.

AOE stun and PBAE makes mids the best magic realm in the game, i'm guessing that 1 Skald, 2 healers, 1 shammy and 4 SM would own any other group combination.

G

geldor

then again fuk every thing i just sed

id ignore all the inbalances in the game if they let luris be every hib clas :D

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by Balbor
when will mids not whinning about there beloved Left Axe, it wasn't nerfed its just been put in line with other duel weapon users.

AOE stun and PBAE makes mids the best magic realm in the game, i'm guessing that 1 Skald, 2 healers, 1 shammy and 4 SM would own any other group combination.

both realms have counter measure against ae stun + pbae, sos from albs (run from pbae and you are safe), baod from hibs (5 dmg on the most damaging spell in game TT)
if you dont teach your minstrels to press sos when it is needed for group and not for his butt, what should we talk about? :wall:

B

Balbor

Originally posted by old.anubis
both realms have counter measure against ae stun + pbae, sos from albs (run from pbae and you are safe), baod from hibs (5 dmg on the most damaging spell in game TT)
if you dont teach your minstrels to press sos when it is needed for group and not for his butt, what should we talk about? :wall:

Dunno if anyone has ever told you but can't SOS if stunned or mezzed, while mids can AOE mezz/stun while running at Skald top speed. And these are both RAs so that means hold high level characters are gonna have them.

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by Balbor
Dunno if anyone has ever told you but can't SOS if stunned or mezzed, while mids can AOE mezz/stun while running at Skald top speed. And these are both RAs so that means hold high level characters are gonna have them.

yes, first you have to press purge OR press sos before you get insta mezzed/stunned (opponents have to click you first, one additional move, so you have advantage here, just 1 button)
30 min abilities, ready every second tough fight
once it's up you win, once it's down you lose
50/50
quite fair imo

Users who are viewing this thread