Crowd control suggestion

P

Pempulla

Put all totally incapacitating crowd control spells under one timer: stun and mezz should be on same immunity timer. Still leaves root, speed debuffs, melee styles to play with and makes the crowd controllers think twice which spell and when to use. Will also put more emphasis on single target stuns/roots/mezzes.

N

Nightchill

even simpler, swap aoe insta stun for aoe insta temporary debuff cancel (i.e. all buffs are suspended on target for say, 30 seconds).

A

Aule Valar

a classes insta/normal cast mez should be on the same timer (this applys to healers, and maybe bards, i forget)
however other than this changing it so that all cc is on the same timer would screw the game, and casters in particular over, t would mean that anyone with purge becomes unccable for the first minute of a fight, even slams wouldn't get tanks off casters then (also with grp purge it would mean cc would never work on hibs), often after mez runs out a casters only defence is a qc root, taking this away would doom casters to being complete tank fodder

P

Pempulla

Originally posted by Aule Valar
a classes insta/normal cast mez should be on the same timer (this applys to healers, and maybe bards, i forget)
however other than this changing it so that all cc is on the same timer would screw the game, and casters in particular over, t would mean that anyone with purge becomes unccable for the first minute of a fight, even slams wouldn't get tanks off casters then (also with grp purge it would mean cc would never work on hibs), often after mez runs out a casters only defence is a qc root, taking this away would doom casters to being complete tank fodder

You didn't read the first post at all, did you :)?

D

Damon_D

nope what they should is scrap all group RA's, now that would be a GOOD idea

S

SilverHood

fuck that

remove all mez and magic stuns (shouts not included)

replace with roots of varous forms

that would mean only shield/weapon/shout stuns were in the game

no more getting messed, stunned and nuked to bits before you can move

would atleast make this game fun

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Pempulla
Put all totally incapacitating crowd control spells under one timer: stun and mezz should be on same immunity timer. Still leaves root, speed debuffs, melee styles to play with and makes the crowd controllers think twice which spell and when to use. Will also put more emphasis on single target stuns/roots/mezzes.
nothx, i like my aoe-stun very much thank you

B

Brevis

Grp purge doesnt give immunity timer. Just remezz.

R

rayzor_e_w

give alb a similar insta cc to hib/mid, or, and this is better for the game imo, remove all insta cc.

B

Balbor

To much CC and not enough good old fight outs. In a battle of 1fg vs 1fg, the winning group will at most only suffer 1-2 deaths, were the outcome 'should' be the other way round with maybe only 1-2 players left standing. Most sides loos because the other side got the mezz off first (or pressed the instent mezz button). Most classes in the game relie on about 2-3 classes in there realm to Mezz first in order for them to do there jobs.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by Nightchill
even simpler, swap aoe insta stun for aoe insta temporary debuff cancel (i.e. all buffs are suspended on target for say, 30 seconds).

lol, overpowering 2k3

E

Ekydus

Instant Mezz. It's fun for the whole family!

Get rid of all mezz, like what SilverHood said. RvR is 90% jogging on the spot waiting to be stunned and PBAoE'd. I'd rather have temporary stuns and speed decreases than Mezz, especially Instant Mezz. The battle is already over before it's played. It's not fun when a group of Hibernians charge a group of Albions at Bard speed, spamming Instant Mezz. Noooo I don't like not being able to weild my sword and even slightly alter the battle on some occasions, because it's only fun for you. Infact it is past the limits of being fun in the game in any way. With things like this going off every 30 seconds RvR isn't exactly the best end game that it could be. If only stuns and shouts etc. were invloved, then the battles would last longer, be more fun for everyone and could go either way every single encounter.
And no. I couldn't give a damn if the Albions were given Instant Mezz I actually despise it in all forms. Get rid off the damn thing so people can actually have some fun. If RvR lasted for more than 30 seconds each run it'd have a very good improvement.

G

granny

How about removing all AE mez/stun? I think there is a place for insta-CC but it should be on a fairly long timer (15-30 mins) and should be single-target only.

Of course none of these suggestions will ever be put into effect, Mythic seem incapable of realising how badly broken RvR is :/

O

old.anubis

imo add more CC
or leave it as it is but get rid of such insane resists (cap at 50%) and cut determ to 10% per lvl

L

lakih

Imo, remove instant aoe cc... singletarget is a nice getaway card but aoe is just silly...

L

living

Dont worry messing some1 in 1.62 is nealy impossible due to that to-hit bug :] then u get to try fighting without mess and stun. ANd block is gonna be ubah

G

geldor

agree with lakih remove insta aoe but leave single target for defence and give bard an healer aoe root an ake away healer aoe stun an give all hib mages basline root take away mincer stun

give healer bard sorc 2 insta single target roots for defence give all 3 castable aoe mess aoe root at same range an radius

put buble chant on mana eld give warden end heal chant on nurt spec

D

Danya

Originally posted by geldor
agree with lakih remove insta aoe but leave single target for defence and give bard an healer aoe root an ake away healer aoe stun an give all hib mages basline root take away mincer stun

give healer bard sorc 2 insta single target roots for defence give all 3 castable aoe mess aoe root at same range an radius

Hmm, so you take minstrel stun and give back nothing, very balanced. :p
You take warden pbt and give end chant, thus leaving wardens as useless (bards can do end and CC, wardens are only there for pbt).

Not a good set of changes.

BTW, something you people all miss with this longer fights and less CC thing is that casters get even more gimped by it. Without CC casters just die. They can't cast due to interrupts and they don't do well in long fights anyway due to their power pool being too small (also an issue for healers). Sure it's great for the tanks, but it gimps everyone else massively. And it's not like tanks don't have enough anti-CC stuff as it is.

R

Roo Stercogburn

You all realise that mez and stun are crucial tools for levelling so you can get to 50 and whine about it in RvR? :D

Castable mez and stun are used as workhorse tools and insta/quickcast bails groups when it all goes horribly wrong; putting the cast and insta/qc in same timer would probably cause a lot of frustration/deaths while levelling. Most of the changes mentioned on this thread would have a serious impact on people getting to 50 I'm afraid.

Also, if mez and stun were removed, significant changes to monster AI would have to be implemented to make certain zones huntable again. BAF code would have to undergo a major rewrite.

However, the original post and the topic is interesting and made me think: if instead of a universal mez or stun, current mez classes were given single target and area 'Hold Monster' type spells, similar to good ol' D & D this would mean peeps could still level, but then some other things put in place as a replacement to these spells for RvR (such as the mentioned nullifying buffs)might be viable. Again however, this makes such a huge change to RvR it changes the fundamental nature of it and Mythic are unlikely to do this in DAoC (possibly someting they are considering for Imperator?). Not saying this would be good or bad, just interesting to think about.

O

old.anubis

the one who insists on removing mezz/stun is either:
a) alb
b) zerg lover
c) both of the above

the only feking way to beat the shit outta zerg is to mezz it, root it, stun it

as for single insta out_of_jail card, healer insta stun is supposed to be 8 seconds, if it sticks on rr6+ tank i cannot even cast root while the bastard is stunned (2.5 sec cast time, 250+ dex, mota2, ffs???)

CC has been nerfed enough, thanks all participated

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Castable mez and stun are used as workhorse tools and insta/quickcast bails groups when it all goes horribly wrong; putting the cast and insta/qc in same timer would probably cause a lot of frustration/deaths while levelling. Most of the changes mentioned on this thread would have a serious impact on people getting to 50 I'm afraid.

but i thought it was standard to PL sorcerors now? :p

seriously, this games RvR now hinges on about 10% of each server - the CCers and how quick they can get off that AoE mezz. Purge is second to useless now, as as quickly as the debuffs/mezzes/stuns are dimissed, the buttons being pumped at and your now debuffed AND slammed/stunned/PAd/poisoned and crying, and waiting another half an hour before you can realistically expect to be useful again.

Mythic are so busy thinking of new ways to get subs in, they appear to be forgetting those if us already here more and more...

GIVF RvR PATCH NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O

oldtimer

>rather have temporary stuns

You havent been on the recieving end of a dragonfang, have you? Not much left of you after that.

L

lofff

easier tahn all this, just make all AEinstacc pbaoe instead of ranged, thus they will b used as defence which they are meant for (imo) and wont b abused offensively as they are atm. sorcs will have good range advantage on face2face combat, yes, but they wear paper too -.-

M

mordia

Just remove all insta mez, change bard lul from insta to castable and change sorc mez back to 1500 range.

S

Shike

Originally posted by Danyan
Hmm, so you take minstrel stun and give back nothing, very balanced. :p
You take warden pbt and give end chant, thus leaving wardens as useless (bards can do end and CC, wardens are only there for pbt).

Not a good set of changes.

BTW, something you people all miss with this longer fights and less CC thing is that casters get even more gimped by it. Without CC casters just die. They can't cast due to interrupts and they don't do well in long fights anyway due to their power pool being too small (also an issue for healers). Sure it's great for the tanks, but it gimps everyone else massively. And it's not like tanks don't have enough anti-CC stuff as it is.

for once, I actually agree with Danyan :)

no CC = dead casters in seconds, all the time, would suck totally I think.

What is needed if CC gets worse than it is now is solid characters so you can protect the weaker ones physically. Wont work otherwise. And besides, Root >>Mez bigtime.

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by The Real Redi
but i thought it was standard to PL sorcerors now? :p

seriously, this games RvR now hinges on about 10% of each server - the CCers and how quick they can get off that AoE mezz. Purge is second to useless now, as as quickly as the debuffs/mezzes/stuns are dimissed, the buttons being pumped at and your now debuffed AND slammed/stunned/PAd/poisoned and crying, and waiting another half an hour before you can realistically expect to be useful again.

Who could get the first mez off was ALWAYS an important factor in fights. In fact, now it is less critical than it used to be, due to purge/ determination etc being available (to mercenaries even! Good lord, Redi! That means YOU! Get determination 4 and stop whining about mez/ stun...)

Get IP or group with a cleric/ friar and stop whining about poison, or PAs.

You have been given ways to counter all of these things that you hate so much.

ps. Group with a good sorcerer also :)

S

SoulFly Amarok

So, wardens are only there for the PBT? Sure, how about resist buffs and healing? Earth calling.

A

Aule Valar

Originally posted by geldor

you want pbt and pbaoe in the same line o_O

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
You all realise that mez and stun are crucial tools for levelling so you can get to 50 and whine about it in RvR? :D

You do realise Sorcerers can use Confuse in PvE but not in RvR. Please stay quiet if you don't know what you're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom