credit cards and shopping carts

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I just want to know what I need to know to put a simple items page on a site that accepts credit cards; I’m sure it’s pretty easy but I’ve never done that before. I have made a really simple page where people can buy individual items via PayPal on someone’s website, but they only want this to be temporary until they are ably to accept credit cards themselves. I’m just in the dark a bit in regards what I have to do to set it up and I’d like to know what I’m talking about when they ask me about it in the future, if anyone can help me that would be great. :)

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Maljonic

Try searching these forums, I believe there's at least one thread about this kind of thing and a few random posts besides.

Very quickly, you basically need a third party to securely handle the credit card payments, be it PayPal, WorldPay or some banks depending on your account (look for merchant accounts or the likes). They'll take a small commission for processing the transactions, but it's usually worth it for al concerned. Shopping baskets can either be written yourself or using a prewritten script from HotScripts or provided by the transaction handler. Like I say, though, just very basic advice based on the last I read about this kind of stuff :) Google may provide more up-to-date answers.

Kind Regards

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Okay, I supose I'll just have to wait until they get their credit payment thing sorted out and work it out from there. I think my current host has a shopping cart in the control panel, so I might have a play around with that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom