No idea Creation....

Creationism......

• It's Plausible...

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Da Truth of course! how blind can you be?

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Belongs in the fiction section...

Votes: 34 94.4%

• Total voters

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I'm sure we've been over this, but I'm kinda curious...

I stumbled over this quote
"The only people who don't accept the theory of evolution are those who have not yet themselves begun the process."

I found it abit funny, and yet it got me thinking. Do any of our religious FH folk, actually buy into creationism ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I put down plausible. Not creationism as in god made two humans and told them not to eat fruit, but in a sense that life beginning on this palnet being started by some other power(alien and whatnot).

Not saying it's a 100% what happened, just that it -could- have happened.

Also the virtual reality thingy that's floating around would be sort of creationism.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I put down plausible. Not creationism as in god made two humans and told them not to eat fruit, but in a sense that life beginning on this palnet being started by some other power(alien and whatnot).

Not saying it's a 100% what happened, just that it -could- have happened.

Also the virtual reality thingy that's floating around would be sort of creationism.

fair enough, but would you buy into the notion that the world is only 5000 years old?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I'm not entirely sure where you are trying to say?

I thought dinosaurs supposedly died out around 60 million years ago, so the planet is older than 5000yrs old?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
From what I understand life was created by meteors bringing the basics for it to the planet. And then it evolved from there.

If your a real fanatic about creationism then you can always say that God planted the dinosaur and everything else.

But I don't believe in a sky fairy, it's a construct of man to control the population and has been carried on as such and also a comfort to those who believe that death isn't the final good bye.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I thought dinosaurs supposedly died out around 60 million years ago, so the planet is older than 5000yrs old?
I'm still not sure if your asking or telling...
Personally without getting into how it was made (Yes I also have an opinion on that but..leave that out for now)...yes, I belive the world is millions of years old..And I'd argue that
carbon dating, adn the blatant obvious evolutionionary evidence supports that...but thats just me ;)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
From what I understand life was created by meteors bringing the basics for it to the planet. And then it evolved from there.

If your a real fanatic about creationism then you can always say that God planted the dinosaur and everything else.

But I don't believe in a sky fairy, it's a construct of man to control the population and has been carried on as such and also a comfort to those who believe that death isn't the final good bye.

Here's my problem, even if, lets say for the sake of argument that this said sky fairy was real, and that he did plant everything to begin with, or that it isa ll a simulation...I still, and will always have a problem with
people, that are otherwise intelligent and generally "sane" arguing that evolution is a myth (just a theory) and that the world is only 5000 years old..The sheer amount of ignorance that statement embodies is mind blowing

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
resized_jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-the-dinosaur-bones-were-buried-on-day-8-6888f1.jpg

Edmond

I'm still not sure if your asking or telling...
Personally without getting into how it was made (Yes I also have an opinion on that but..leave that out for now)...yes, I belive the world is millions of years old..And I'd argue that
carbon dating, adn the blatant obvious evolutionionary evidence supports that...but thats just me ;)

Sorry, I thought you were asking whether we thought the planet was only 5000yrs old, I was saying I didn't think so as the whole dinosaur thing. I'm not asking or telling, I'm just giving my opinion on the subject

Here's my problem, even if, lets say for the sake of argument that this said sky fairy was real, and that he did plant everything to begin with, or that it isa ll a simulation...I still, and will always have a problem with
people, that are otherwise intelligent and generally "sane" arguing that evolution is a myth (just a theory) and that the world is only 5000 years old..The sheer amount of ignorance that statement embodies is mind blowing

So, now i'm confused, you say you are religious, but are you agreeing with evolution or creationism

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
fair enough, but would you buy into the notion that the world is only 5000 years old?

That would only work in the simulation "theory", but then that would render almost everything in history out so not as such, no :p

I don't buy into the creationism thing as it's usually taken as.

Edmond

Just for the record I am an agnostic, I couldn't care less either way. I also find that a lot of the arguments brought up by atheists are sometimes just as or more preachy in their disbelief as a believer is in trying to convince the world of a deity

Olgaline

FH is my second home
That would only work in the simulation "theory", .

Out of pure curiosity, how exactly would that work?
You still have to run through x-billion years of evolution no? so speed it up and slow it down or..?
And in that case then why bother slowing it down at this point, what's the purpose other than force it to account for the current state of existence?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
That being said, I dont see any problem with a person being religious and accepting evolution at the same time.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Out of pure curiosity, how exactly would that work?
You still have to run through x-billion years of evolution no? so speed it up and slow it down or..?
And in that case then why bother slowing it down at this point, what's the purpose other than force it to account for the current state of existence?

Kind of depends on the type of simulation being run. It could be rerunning original events or testing lots of alternatives which may mean just starting the simulation from a certain point (e.g. Nazis win WWII) with everything prior to the start of the simulation is an implanted memory etc. Weird thing is, that mathematically, if a simulation turns out to be possible, then we're almost certainly in one (because the odds of being the original become effectively zero).

Edmond

So we're in the matrix and déjà vu really are glitches?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom