Crazy Thoughts

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Take a piece of paper. Whats the shortest distance between 2 points ? A line ? Yes. In 2D. But in 3D the shortest distance is zero. Bend the paper in half and join the points together.

With a maniac tone and a space suit you could resemble Sam Neil in Even Horizon :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Aye. Either way I don't think that kind of technology will be around for at least 1000 years (if at all). Thats maybe the appeal of science fiction I guess.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
If you make it more of a ball then, that i guess is the shape universe has (almost). How are you supposed to bend a ball? :)

Ah! you don't seem to get it!

To understand the dimensions, watch the following:

[youtubevid]qU1fixMAObI[/youtubevid]

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Aye. Either way I don't think that kind of technology will be around for at least 1000 years (if at all). Thats maybe the appeal of science fiction I guess.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Without a war(which would certainly speed things up), take a look back 30 years. At computers, at technology in propulsion etc. Unless we've come to a "peek" of advance, which i doubt because we're getting faster/better machinery/computers, and also we're getting the whole "world network" working, we might see some jumps in tech fairly soon.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I take your point, Toto. Who knows. There could be some incredible technological breakthrough anytime really. I'd love to be around in 500 or 1000 years time just to see how science & technology have evolved.

-A cure for cancer & all other diseases considered incurable today

-Mobile phone & internet implants.

-Teleporters.

-AI-type robots

-Fully immersive virtual reality computers

-3D holograms

-Advances in laser technology (beam weapons, laser guns)

-Cryogenics

-Nanobot technology

-Quantum Theory of Gravity

-Reversing global warming

-Flying cars

-Cloning body parts (making prosthetic limbs & organ transplants a thing of the past)

-Accurate volcano & earthquake prediction (will the supervolcano at Yellowstone blow ?)

-Will our cities become like Blade Runner ? Or will it be Big Brother like where the government knows exactly where we are and what we're doing from implants at birth ?

-Enhanced human longevity ?

-Dinosaurs brought back to life (Jurassic Park) ?

-Will we encounter alien life ?

-Will people remember David Hasselhoff as a musical genius ?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Thing is, most of those things are "nearing prototype" or at prototype phase already :D

Except ofcourse:

-Will people remember David Hasselhoff as a musical genius ?

Now you're being silly.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Thing is, most of those things are "nearing prototype" or at prototype phase already :D

Except ofcourse:

Now you're being silly.

Haha. Yep. In 500 years time it will be "David who?"

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldn't be so sure.

Without a war(which would certainly speed things up), take a look back 30 years. At computers, at technology in propulsion etc. Unless we've come to a "peek" of advance, which i doubt because we're getting faster/better machinery/computers, and also we're getting the whole "world network" working, we might see some jumps in tech fairly soon.

War is not the primary way for our society to get a peek in inventions by the way!

It is competitive race between nations to be the first at something!

I.e. many of the household items you take for granted today, all have their root in inventions made during the race to be the first nation to land on the moon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom