SWTOR Crafting

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, there's no demand for crafting items *waves hand jedi like*

Keep those prices low :D

Nate

FH is my second home
My main character, a 29 smuggler, has investigation skills in the early 200s. Gets crafting materials and companion gifts by the shed loads. Training up arms mech is a lot slower, mostly because of the need to use materials from lower level worlds... Those materials went grey on my scavenging skills a long time ago.

It appears I'll have to hit the market tonight and buy some chromoid to skill up with.
I noticed something the other day, you can still send your companions on grey missions. Top right of the window has a drop down to select level.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I noticed something the other day, you can still send your companions on grey missions. Top right of the window has a drop down to select level.

Yeah, most handy especially since your gathering skills outrank your crafting skills really fast.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
You can also go to a low level zone and farm the respawning nodes there.

Nate

FH is my second home
I tried that once but couldn't find them, the low level missions are very quick and result in mostly rich/abundant yields

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Depends on gathering by the way, with bio you can just kill lizards(whatnot) and harvest them, with scavenging you can do the same to droids.

Zede

Part of the furniture
When I was L30, went back to the starter zones to scout & find those strong lizard/animal spawns. The repop rate in a few places is SILLY, 6 strong lizards ( L12ish) by the time the 5th is dead, 1st has repopped. Made 30 implants farming mats this way, put em all on trade and made a load of cash, yay.

if the 400 armor etc.. adrenal is not worth it, i forget the name..but i have a nice L8 blue adrenal I have has the usual power or whatever increase AS WELL as 50% damage reduction for 15 seconds, that seems a tad overpowered, esp for a L8 spell with very farmable mats :)

rynnor

Rockhound
but i have a nice L8 blue adrenal I have has the usual power or whatever increase AS WELL as 50% damage reduction for 15 seconds, that seems a tad overpowered, esp for a L8 spell with very farmable mats :)

Its a healer boost - ups your base healing but halves your damage output - not 1/2 damage taken - its just poorly worded I believe.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah as rynnor said, halves your damage :D

It's a nice free(at purple) go-to cooldown though.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I've been crafting purple weapons recently and I wonder if anybody knows if there's a chance to learn the next colour version of them if I reverse engineer them, and what colour is that?

rynnor

Rockhound
I've been crafting purple weapons recently and I wonder if anybody knows if there's a chance to learn the next colour version of them if I reverse engineer them, and what colour is that?

Deep Purple/Epic is next - I think its possible for the 400 skill endgame crafted gear - not sure about the lower level stuff - the random number generator is evil though...

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Deep Purple/Epic is next - I think its possible for the 400 skill endgame crafted gear - not sure about the lower level stuff - the random number generator is evil though...
yup crafted guardian hilt 22 80 greens to get the blue.

Nate

FH is my second home
I've got the purple 400 barrel schematics, thing is you can spend a few minutes doing easy daily quests for the comm's and get better. Level 23 purple barrels/armor/hilts are available for merchants on Ilum.

Zede

Part of the furniture
gettin purps from biochem by reverse engineering no more than 10 blues, got a purp off only 3 yesterday.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
They need to fix Bio chem to allow for multiples of Blue stims to be created as a base amount. Due to the cost of a single stim no one is buying them off the market at all, now it's not really a problem as I get unlimited pots. But it would be nice to see a stim market open up!!!!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
They need to fix Bio chem to allow for multiples of Blue stims to be created as a base amount. Due to the cost of a single stim no one is buying them off the market at all, now it's not really a problem as I get unlimited pots. But it would be nice to see a stim market open up!!!!

Yeah, not to mention the cost of those stims since you need a ton to reverse engineer too.

Basic medkits sell though, atleast on calypho, can get a bit of profit on packs of 5(which tends to be the amount people buy).

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Yup, will be hitting 50 this weekend, and then focussing my attentions on the med kit market. As stims are just retarded atm.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
this was posted on our forums, so ill just paste it in here for general use

swtorcrewskills.png

Isn't diplomacy a factor for biochem? From what I can tell, you need diplomacy components for lots of biochem blue recipes.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Armormech/Armstech (and jedi equivalents) - not sure these are worthwhile tbh - gets expensive and people tend to out level the stuff fast - might be some call for high end stuff at endgame but might not.
They are, trust me.

Once you get enough companions that you need to kit out, being able to craft their armor is a godsend!

Oh and regarding that "flowchart".

Please don't trust it.

I mean, synthweaving having a use for diplomacy and biochem has a use for underworld trading?

The fuck? :(

Soazak

Part of the furniture
They are, trust me.

Once you get enough companions that you need to kit out, being able to craft their armor is a godsend!

Oh and regarding that "flowchart".

Please don't trust it.

I mean, synthweaving having a use for diplomacy and biochem has a use for underworld trading?

The fuck? :(

As I understand it, it was that in during early beta but was changed, and that is where that image is from. Currently it's the other way round :p (Synth uses bits from underworld trading)

Nate

FH is my second home
Think atm with the way crafting works Biochem is a must for all level 50's to get the re-usable stims/med packs. They are Bind on Pickup so you can't even trade :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Think atm with the way crafting works Biochem is a must for all level 50's to get the re-usable stims/med packs. They are Bind on Pickup so you can't even trade :(

I think they require bio 1, but aren't bound on pickup.

It's only a must if you don't spend resources on medkits.

rynnor

Rockhound
They are, trust me.

Cybertech + orange gear is better than the armour skills for companions I think but I have picked up Armstech for the barrels.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Cybertech + orange gear is better than the armour skills for companions I think but I have picked up Armstech for the barrels.

Possibly, but i can't be arsed to farm badges for all the companions gear + weapons.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
yeah dont trust the chart...just follow the craft you want and read the codex about it, and it recomends what 2 crafts go well with it...

I did that having not crafted properly on new alt and have 250 crafts at lvl 26 :D

rynnor

Rockhound
Ctuchik said:
Possibly, but i can't be arsed to farm badges for all the companions gear + weapons.

You dont have to - some from heroic/flashpoint drops, some from pvp and some from social and light/dark vendors.

Zede

Part of the furniture

Have 400 biochem/analysis on main.

made an alt a few days ago, sent all my old Level 1 & 2 bio mats to her. Got her biochem to 1 ( can then use the L8 purp med packs) and then to 60 bio in 30 mins ( can then use the L16 you + companion purp med pack). Saved my ass numerous times already :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap, cheap way to keep yourself alive(more if you need) and then you can just discard bio and choose your "main" crafting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom