SWTOR Crafting

rynnor

Rockhound
Have had a play around with various crafts and heres some random thoughts.

Slicing - nice cash + blueprints - not sure if its meant to be this way but the blueprints I get are all for cybertech - tend to be ship components.

Armormech/Armstech (and jedi equivalents) - not sure these are worthwhile tbh - gets expensive and people tend to out level the stuff fast - might be some call for high end stuff at endgame but might not.

Biotech - awesome! The adrenals/stims/medpacks from this skill are fantastic - even the green versions are good - the blue ones are godly and purple...

Only issue is having to take diplomacy to get medical supplies missions (which take 6 mins each at first tier!) to get enough to make one blue product...

Cybertech - making mods is nice but I dont seem to be able to reverse engineer them which is odd?

The spacecraft bits and Robot companion armour will eventually be in demand tho.

Treasure hunting - like slicing for cash if you do the boxes missions but you also occasionally get some nice items.

Underworld Trading - can be used to get blue metals/materials used in the other tradeskills and companion presents though rather annoyingly I find if I send my companion off on some mission that says hi tech weapons or something he often comes back with something completely different...

Happy Crafting!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap, i like the craftnig system. With the BH i'm..err..armstech i think. The stuff sells if you don't expect a big payday, but mostly it's for reverse engineering for more stuff.

On the warrior, basic artifice stuff with treasure hunting and archeology. Yields much better stuff and the lockboxes are worth it even without slicing.

Most if my BH companion runs are for gifts though, Mako is at...oh...3k now :p

Best part is that you can do the crafting pretty mcuh anytime and there's no pointless sef-grinding.

Oh, one thing to note; low end stuff sells at the moment. You might be jaded and just vendor it, as you might've been crafting high-end in other games, but those +2 endurance crystals are hotcakes right about now :D

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I'm doing level 49-50 lockboxes on my 320 Slicer, I've only been doing this since last night and it's something like a 2k investment and 5k back after between ½ hour and 1 hour. You also get the occasional bonus of purple auctionable mission drops.

Regarding player made weapons, the augments I can make on my Slicer are something that I had never seen a slot for until I made a gun on my alt and it had an augment slot. Perhaps only player made weapons have augment slots? This is, of course, random speculation.

Oh, one thing to note; low end stuff sells at the moment. You might be jaded and just vendor it, as you might've been crafting high-end in other games, but those +2 endurance crystals are hotcakes right about now :D

Also, I think someone from warhammer might have decreed that hats can only be bought after a certain level, regardless, if you get a hat dropping below leve 15 or so, you should definitely auction it. You can buy a moddable male-only one in the cantina on dromund kaas (imperials), though it does look ... special.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
this was posted on our forums, so ill just paste it in here for general use

swtorcrewskills.png

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
That's very cool, but I never had a gift from 1-320 in slicing.

rynnor

Rockhound
Also, I think someone from warhammer might have decreed that hats can only be bought after a certain level, regardless, if you get a hat dropping below leve 15 or so, you should definitely auction it. You can buy a moddable male-only one in the cantina on dromund kaas (imperials), though it does look ... special.

Hmm - I think you might be able to buy orange (ie moddable) hats - saw some sets of clothing - one on the Security Key vendor and one on the CE vendor - probably had a hat.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
My main character, a 29 smuggler, has investigation skills in the early 200s. Gets crafting materials and companion gifts by the shed loads. Training up arms mech is a lot slower, mostly because of the need to use materials from lower level worlds... Those materials went grey on my scavenging skills a long time ago.

It appears I'll have to hit the market tonight and buy some chromoid to skill up with.

rynnor

Rockhound
Dont know if anyone else crafts biotech but do you think the Adrenal's 15 seconds of boosted crit chance or 400 more armour etc is worth blue materials?
Are these just expensive PvP toys?

rynnor

Rockhound
this was posted on our forums, so ill just paste it in here for general use

The Mission skills are wrong I'm afraid - I think this was true at one point but a lot of stuff got switched around late into beta.

I'll have a look later and see if I can produce a definitive list.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I went Synthweaving, Archaeology, Underworld Trading tho i'm starting to regret Underworld Trading to some extent as what i'm skilling up on barely uses any of it.. HOWEVER blue/epic recipes need stuff from underworld trading so I guess it'll be good eventually.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I went Synthweaving, Archaeology, Underworld Trading tho i'm starting to regret Underworld Trading to some extent as what i'm skilling up on barely uses any of it.. HOWEVER blue/epic recipes need stuff from underworld trading so I guess it'll be good eventually.

This is what I've taken, it seems to be a good combo, most of the stuff I get from Archaelogy and UT seem to be usefull for Synthweaving :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye, i've only found 2 schematics that require UT mats tho so far for Syntweaving, i'm sure there will be more later.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I decided to go with slicing, salvaging and archaeology. Not sure if it was a bad idea yet. In the last MMO I played crafting just made you skint. Much better to sell loads of gathered things on the AH and ask other people to make you stuff for a small fee.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I decided to go with slicing, salvaging and archaeology. Not sure if it was a bad idea yet. In the last MMO I played crafting just made you skint. Much better to sell loads of gathered things on the AH and ask other people to make you stuff for a small fee.
Funnily enough, gathering costs credits and crafting just uses the matts you gain from the gathering :D

It's the gathering that is making me skint right now, I can barely afford skills!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Aye, i've only found 2 schematics that require UT mats tho so far for Syntweaving, i'm sure there will be more later.

Standard items will not need them really.. reverse engineer to get the better versions of the item and these will use the rarer materials

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye Corran, thats what i'm saying :p the stuff i'm skilling up on doesnt need the rare metals etc but the epic gear will.

i've got a tonne of blue metals/epic metals/blue cloth and epic cloth in vault because i'm just not using it.

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Decided to drop Artifice and go Biochem. Those reusable medpacs, adrenals and stims are just so insanely nice.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
When you start getting missions for archeology and treasure hunting thoose rare purps just starts to flood in.

rynnor

Rockhound
H'mm I levelled a slicer from 1-120 today and the cash return has certainly been nerfed but if you sell the blue missions/cybertech recipes you can still make more than you put in which is pretty tricky with the other tradeskills as they are money sinks :p

ileks

Part of the furniture
I think my 3X gathering set up will pay off at the max level. It might cost a lot to level them up via missions but at 50 I will be able to sell loads of the top level materials that I harvest myself. Also surely the crew missions are cost effective at max level??

rynnor

Rockhound
I think my 3X gathering set up will pay off at the max level. It might cost a lot to level them up via missions but at 50 I will be able to sell loads of the top level materials that I harvest myself. Also surely the crew missions are cost effective at max level??

It depends if theres any demand for the tradeskills that your supplying - this isnt certain but I guess once people start twinking alts demand will pick up.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Thing is with crafting in this game a lot more people will do their own crafting as you don't have to go out and farm the mats, so not sure if 3 mat gathering professions will be worth it in the long run.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Thing is with crafting in this game a lot more people will do their own crafting as you don't have to go out and farm the mats, so not sure if 3 mat gathering professions will be worth it in the long run.

Yea this is true, I'm doing Synthweaving/Archeology/Underworld Trading, and there seems to be no demand for any of it on the AH, but it's helped me a ton with items :)

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Yea this is true, I'm doing Synthweaving/Archeology/Underworld Trading, and there seems to be no demand for any of it on the AH, but it's helped me a ton with items :)

Funnily enough, I think that there's lots of demand for certain items. I need underworld mats to boost my cybertech but there's either none on the AH or they are ridiculously pricey. So I made an alt to do them. I'd still pay if the price was right, though. I think it's a balance thing where the rare skills' items will be in most demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom