SWTOR Crafting

rynnor

Rockhound
Anyone seen the details of the biotech nerfs in the next patch?

Edit - found it but its a tad vague:

Biochem
  • All Energized, Exotech, and Rakata adrenals and stims now require 400 Biochem for use.
  • The Exotech Medpac is now named “Exotech Med Unit.” Its overall healing has been reduced and is now in line with similar level medpacs, and it temporarily increases the maximum health of its targets. Use of this item now requires 400 Biochem.
  • The amount healed by Rakata Medpacs has been reduced. This item now additionally increases maximum health briefly. Use of this item now requires 400 Biochem.

Oh and I see that the pvp expertise consumables are now on the same timeout as Adrenals and the pvp heal consumables share the medpack timers.

Soon to be nerfed - Stims etc.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Have 400 biochem/analysis on main.

made an alt a few days ago, sent all my old Level 1 & 2 bio mats to her. Got her biochem to 1 ( can then use the L8 purp med packs) and then to 60 bio in 30 mins ( can then use the L16 you + companion purp med pack). Saved my ass numerous times already :)

To bad you have to split the stack before reverse engineer because it eats the entire stack without an added chance to discover better recipes. :(

Nate

FH is my second home
Is it a nerf though? Now you have to be Biochem to use the reusables..makes the other crafts even less useful.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
was only the 400 that didnt have a "needs X biochem" anyway, so people were obv making htem then respecing ?
not sure why :/

rynnor

Rockhound
Is it a nerf though? Now you have to be Biochem to use the reusables..makes the other crafts even less useful.

Yeah I'm not sure they did this right - I think the pvp heal consumables being on the same timer will hurt the min/maxers more.

They need to look at stacking buffs next but its on their radar.

Nate

FH is my second home
Yeah I'm not sure they did this right - I think the pvp heal consumables being on the same timer will hurt the min/maxers more.

They need to look at stacking buffs next but its on their radar.
Are they on the same timer though? Not sure they are.

rynnor

Rockhound
Are they on the same timer though? Not sure they are.

From the 1.1 patch additional notes

PvP
  • The PvP item “Heal Consumable” is now named “Warzone Medpac.” Its cooldown has been reduced from 5 minutes to 3 minutes and it now shares the 1.5-minute cooldown with other medpacs. This item can be used effectively over time, but now cannot be stacked beyond what is intended.
  • The PvP item “Overcharge Consumable” is now named “Warzone Expertise Adrenal.” Its cooldown has been reduced from 5 minutes to 3 minutes and it now shares a cooldown with other adrenals. It (and other adrenals) no longer stack with the PvP Power-Up that increases Expertise to prevent Expertise values from increasing beyond intended levels.

Nate

FH is my second home
I think I'd still go Biochem, buying the PvP stuff isn't cost effective since you are spending your bag commendations.

rynnor

Rockhound
Nate said:
I think I'd still go Biochem, buying the PvP stuff isn't cost effective since you are spending your bag commendations.

You get em for free when you open bags tho.

rynnor

Rockhound
Nearing 400 Underworld Trading - should hit it this weekend :)

Its extremely lucrative on my server - I think I'm the only person actively selling level 6 Metals and I have been buying/saving the level 340 missions. I'm also supplying my own Cybertech 330ish, Armstech 315 and also have a 280 biotech and a just started Armormech (been saving recipes from my underworld trading for the two Armorsmiths).

I'm tempted to max out all the usefull craftskills... Oh dear :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
What should I choose to go with Slicing? I know it's the money making one (yeah they nerfed it, but you still make money).

rynnor

Rockhound
What should I choose to go with Slicing? I know it's the money making one (yeah they nerfed it, but you still make money).

It went from overpowered to nerfed and then a secret partial un-nerf - its now profitable on pure lockboxes again but the real money lies in selling the missions - epic Underworld Trading level 340 ones can go for 30k+ depending on the number of 50s on your server.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
ah ok. but what do the crafting missions give? I got one off a guildie and it was a purple one for Bioanalysis I think? Ended up getting a purple ingredient for about 1 hour cooldown.
Sorry I know bugger all about the crafting.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
ah ok. but what do the crafting missions give? I got one off a guildie and it was a purple one for Bioanalysis I think? Ended up getting a purple ingredient for about 1 hour cooldown.
Sorry I know bugger all about the crafting.

It was a mission that gave better reward than usual. That is what they are/do.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Copy/pasting this here so it doesn't get lost:
http://www.lonestranger.net/swtor/re/SWTOR_RE_GUIDE.png
SWTOR_RE_GUIDE.png
Originally posted here: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/threads/reverse-engineering-guide.247675/ by Mabs.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Is there any point having a craft skill other than bio after level 50?

Nate

FH is my second home
Cybertech has some 400 use only grenades iirc?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Cybertech has some 400 use only grenades iirc?

they do nice dmg and 4 sec (from memory) stun for up to 5 enemies on some of them. Also Cyber has the Purple Ship upgrades which sell quite well on Auction. Only thing I have not made in cyber is the speeder bike.

rynnor

Rockhound
Theres some 400 Artificing artifacts that are supposed to be best in slot that are bind on pickup - I think most crafting skills have something similar.

Cybertech has a crap speeder thats BoP - but they can make very nice endgame earpieces that arent bind on pickup...

Nate

FH is my second home
Can you link one of these artificing artifacts?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Guess you could go 400 artificing for 2 of these then dump it for another skill as theres no artificing requirement on the relics themselves.
At the moment no. They are good enough that it might change. :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
The crafting system in SWTOR can be summed up thus:

1) Good mechanics.
2) Low/No value in terms of the goods created, even while levelling.

I've found that its not worth crafting much gear for levelling because if you do the quests on the various planets and pick up moddable gear, you then only really need the mods (armour, mod, enhance, etc) as you go from planet to planet questing. Some might argue over crystal in weapons but thats rather minor, you can swipe a crystal from a drop and pop it into your weapon if needed. So after you've got your moddable gear in all possible slots there's very few slots where you can't get moddable gear and these are easily replaced with quest items and drops as you go. To make crafted stuff that is better you need to be making purple most of the time or blue some of the time, depending on your luck with drops etc as you go. Doing the heroics on plenets will take care of some of that too.

To get purple schematics you have to burn through quite a lot of mats. Even if you have a lvl50 taking care of that, you're still going to spend more time making & reverse engineering to get the schematics, then making them... than you would just getting on with levelling your char. It will take even longer if you are crafting until you get lucky with an aug slot on that item.

For alts, I gave up on crafting most of the time. Get moddable gear, always take commendation rewards from quests, replace the gear components instead of getting new gear as I level that alt. Even using this method and with capped cybertech on my main its not worth crafting the gear mods for alts I find - without spending a ridiculous amount of cash on mats or time gathering I won't beat the commendation rewards. Its just not worth it for time spent.

At cap level, each craft is lucky if its got even a handful of things that are useful economy items.

Bioware have really badly designed the economy. As much as I dislike nearly everything in Eve, one thing CCP got right was to have a completely player-driven economy. Other companies should learn from that. Even if you get the mats from instances and raids, it should be players crafting the things other players use. It adds an immense amount of value to the time spent crafting and increases player involvement in the game economy.

Bioware have added a few things since 1.2 - PvP craftables for example, but its a drop in the ocean compared to what they really should be doing to make crafting worthwhile.

Nate

FH is my second home
I see a lot of players on my server always trying to out price the current market value of items, it gets to a point where you can't possibly make a profit any more. Blue crafting materials cost 2.2k per mission at end game and give 2-6(crit) as a reward. Some of them are for sale for less then .5k per unit.

The suggested sale value of these items isn't as much as the cost.

Roo said:
Eve stuff

I don't think it'd be intuitive enough to the average new player that whenever he wants a new item he has to buy it from the GTN Roo, that's one of the problems with Eve. They could remove all the blue/purple/orange items from levelling mobs, but would that make heroics/flashpoints pointless? Another idea could be to have them drop a crafting mat that makes it, contact a crafter and it's made if you give him the item. But that'd just get annoying, if there is no crafter around or not many costs would be so high for their time that the average new player can't afford it and would only serve to annoy.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Another idea could be to have them drop a crafting mat that makes it, contact a crafter and it's made if you give him the item. But that'd just get annoying, if there is no crafter around or not many costs would be so high for their time that the average new player can't afford it and would only serve to annoy.

If crafted stuff was the best stuff it would stimulate the economy, even if it depended on drops from mobs. There doesn't have to be no drops from mobs, just give the crafted a little edge to it, to make it worthwhile. As it stands, its just not worth people's time and effort. I like crafting just because I like being able to make stuff but SWTOR crafting is really just a cash sink without much return.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Yeh I pretty much went biochem on all my chars since everything else sucked, I mean armour for pvp and pve was better when farmed as it had set bonuses aswell; now its ok-ish since you can craft augmented armour etc, but even with my cybertech...wtf am i going to do with crafted ship and mounts that no one uses, and oh yay I can use 1 nade every 3mins...compared to a biochem that can have a stim up + health pack....and then have an andrenal to use + being able to craft implants.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Crafting info in the weekly questions:
http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-april-27th-2012

DarthTexas: Can you give some insight to the numbers behind crafting? What is the baseline crit chance for crafting? How does companion affection affect crit chance? Exactly how much of a boost is +1 or +5 critical chance in crafting? Having the Reverse Engineer % chance is a nice step in removing some of the unknowns in crafting; now we just need the numbers on the creation side to be less ambiguous.
Patrick Malott (Systems Designer): The baseline crit chance for crafting is dependent on the difficulty of the crafting action relative to your current crafting skill level. The difficulty is color coded in the crafting GUI.
Orange Difficulty: 10%
Yellow, Green, and Gray Difficulty: 15%
Companion Affection scales Crew Skill chance up to +5% at maximum affection.
A Companion Trait critical chance bonus of +1 or +5 is a percentage. Example: The Imperial Agent companion character Kaliyo grants a +2 bonus to Underworld Trading Critical. This is +2% bonus.
Using Kaliyo at maximum affection as an example, if she ran a green difficulty Underworld Trading mission for you, she would have a 22% chance to score a mission critical success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom