Crafting woe since housing

Thrunge

Fledgling Freddie
Hope the consignment merchant search function helps cos housing has killed crafting at the mo

Anyone need tailoring inserts/stuff pm me

(and 1st post btw :) )

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
I don't find that it has killed my spellcrafting, but the tailoring and weaponcrafting have indeed suffered now that cheap surplus goods are more difficult to get rid of. Diogel crowds were quite useful and I even enjoyed the adverts up to a point.

The other crafting/housing problem is the number of us experiencing dramatic increases in the number of tries necessary to hit masterpieces and even sometimes 99%.

232 tries on an arcanium long dirk nearly broke me.

Shortlegs

Regular Freddie
Vesania said:
232 tries on an arcanium long dirk nearly broke me.

Oh, that must have hurt :(
Also having trouble selling stuff after foundations. We need that search engine up and working. But next patch is due when??

Shorty LGM WC
Pokus LGM Tailor
/houseface 220 Semer-Rilan

Seline

Fledgling Freddie
When crafting in the housing zone, i've noticed that sometimes I get a huge streak of luck, made 3 or 4 MP gems in a row followed by a couple of 99% gems, but also noticed some bad luck too, took 31 tries to get a 99% gem, next few took 2x tries each :( Then went to Gothwaite to craft, was about average. Could have just been a coincidence <Shrugs>

Keriwin

Fledgling Freddie
i usually get 2 MPs in a row along with a few 99%s or 3 MPs in 5-7 tries

after the 1st MP that is

Thrunge

Fledgling Freddie
Shortlegs said:
Oh, that must have hurt :(
Also having trouble selling stuff after foundations. We need that search engine up and working. But next patch is due when??

Its in patch 1.64 :)

/edit woops, believe GOA are still aiming for Jan arent they...?

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
All we can do for now is advertise our goods in the trading forums with our houselot mentioned in the post so people know where to go.

sanspite

Fledgling Freddie
cant complain bout business :)

working great for me, now that I dont actually have to be crafting for people to find and buy my stuff :clap:

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
I've had a huge increase in people paging me with tailoring orders when I'm actually logged in with my crafter and have /setwho trade on (I don't have a house so this suits me fine.) I didn't believe Sru at first when he commented on this to me, but it is absolutely what I have found.

Part of it is because a lot of people are still confused by the housing zone and don't have the time and energy to shop around for cheap 99%s, it's easier to page a (charming, helpful, etc.) tailor who will come and deliver it to you at mach 5, even if you end up paying more. Once the search function is in, I imagine pretty much everyone will use that instead. We'll see, I guess.

With MPs, I've made about 6 or 7 recently and I'd say the random number generator is still dead on 2% :)

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
A nice way for tailors to make cash is to make the cloth and leather parts available for sale for people who dont have a tailoring alt.I managed to strip one merchant bare once that was full of the stuff

Luribomb

Fledgling Freddie
it might be hard for people to find a cheap crafter and buy from them now, but its very helpfull when you found your crafter already, so you can check his store every now and then :)

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
I advertised my house a little in our guild and with a post in the trading section on BW and I can't complain about business myself.

Been getting a lot of pm's from people asking to make cloth/leather.
There doesn't seem to be a market for studded it seems so I'm no longer bothering with trying for mp studded pieces.

Filenotfound

Fledgling Freddie
im havin really bad bad luck craftin inside my house im putin it down to just luck at mo but hearin other ppl say the MP re-trys are takin longer is makin me wonder ;/

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
crafters in the more remote areas of the housing zone have a hard time now

i think my CM made me over 50 plat allready. with enough patience you sell almost everyting

Spesh

Fledgling Freddie
Doing ok with mine too, not really noticed a massive difference in mp rate either

Filenotfound

Fledgling Freddie
123 trys for MP boots

88 Trys for MP legs

74 TRYS SO FAR for MP plate turso :(((

im givin up craftin after this order

Arbaal

Fledgling Freddie
I make loads of MP hinges lol :p but i have got a 99%arc weap on third try, then i have had over 40 tries for a 99% arc weapon, quite varied.

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie
Have sold several plats of stock armour, weps now from our CM, usually sell something every other day, it's better than having all those 99s sat in the vault :)

I also find it fun running round the various villages seeing who does what, and who sells what.

I now know the fastest way to Tesla's house for them ablatives :p

Quite a few of us now have a list of 10-20 CMs that we check daily for the items we usually need or want.

The listmerchant feature will make this much quicker and easier, the only downside I see is prices being driven down still further.

I've definately experienced more pain in making 99s and MPs when in housing, whether that's just down to my bad faction with the God of Crafting, I dunno.

#1745 in Birkwith, Erikstaad for Chain, Studded and Weapons btw :)

Cheers

Azo

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Well...

I needed 2 chain armour parts for my Cleric, 99% quality AF102. At first I decided to go to some well known places, but didn't have much luck. However today I decided to take the time to go to every merchant in all 3 zones to see the cheapest chain I could find.

For the chain boots I managed to get them for just 130g, which is about the cost of 1 retry for the armourcrafter with absolutely no profit %'s added on. I managed to find some chain gloves for 110g which is about 6g over the cost of making them for 1 attempt. On average I'd say the gloves/boots were selling for about 200g, with some 150g's about.

As for the chain hauberk I managed to get one for 600g. Cost for 1 attempt is about 515g, with 2 attempts costing about 637g. All other hauberks were priced above 1p, usually within the 1p-1.2p range. Some ripoff GoP house was selling one for 1.8p. :p

I got my bargains. :p

However!

There are far too many tailors, fletchers and weaponcrafters by the looks of things. Far too many cloth/leather parts, especially considering most of Albions strongest/popular characters wear plate/chain. If you're one of these crafters then you'll probably have to face facts - you aren't going to get much business unless you drop your prices to something very low.

If you want business then start an armourcrafter. I know its not the easiest of trades however the amount of chain/plate is lower compared to cloth/leather. Theres possibly more profit to make out of it.

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
385 tries for MP lvl 51 cloth gloves, at which point they still hadn't dropped and I gave up.

Thank goodness life doesn't appear too bad for my spellcrafter yet.

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie
Ouch mate !

That's the worst I've ever heard of. Trying for MP Chain Jerkin atm...on try number 35 now..2 x 99s in that so far.

Cheers

Azo

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Ive seen quite a few merchants selling 99% 102 af plate haubs for 1p.After seeing these prices i decided to set mine at 600g. still got a couple left. /houseface 554

:cheers:

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Breon said:
Ive seen quite a few merchants selling 99% 102 af plate haubs for 1p.After seeing these prices i decided to set mine at 600g. still got a couple left. /houseface 554

:cheers:

Yup, very nice prices on your merchant. :)

Azorius

Fledgling Freddie
Most of our crafters seem to be getting good MP hit rates in our house...one did a full MP Studded AF102 for 3.3p... me ? I had 114 tries just to make the damned sleeves...

The jury is still out on the RNG in the housing zone !

Perhaps I am not offering the right sacrificial offerings to the relevant crafting gods.

Cheers

Azo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom