[Crafting] Mythic get your act together!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I've just made my 150'th retry on a pair of pants, and 60'th retry on a pair of boots... both chain, level 51.. that means I made (150+60)*2=420 items of 2 minutes each is about 14 hours of crafting for 2 fucking items!! and still no fucking mp

CHANGE YOUR CRAFTING CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder people use crafting hacks.. what you guys thought up is fucking insane!

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Rookiescot said:
Try the crafting in Everquest II.
Its actually fun.
Out of interest, are you being serious here or sarcastic?

Anyway, Mythic has already announced that they're working on another free add-on.. We could use a friendlier crafting system.. something along the lines of WoW.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
I couldnt care less about the MP chances, yep its 1/50 with a healthy distribution, I know some crafters who hit piles of MPs and some who go 200+ without getting one, thats just random numbers and statistical probabilty for you, you dont see any whinge posts when people hit MPs in under 10 tries...

What im more pissed off about is that just as crafting became viable (i.e. you could actually spellcraft and add tinctures to armour and weapons), they then bring in TOA which makes 90% of all crafted items useless.

Mythic where so pleased with telling us that 'spellcrafting now gives you the crafter power to create some of the most powerfull items in the game at last as promised all along', and then destroy it all with TOA. Imho they should give us 6+ slots for spellcrafted items, and let us imbue them with TOA abilites like spell pierce, stealth lore, dmg bonuses, cap increases etc.

Thornar

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I've just made my 150'th retry on a pair of pants, and 60'th retry on a pair of boots... both chain, level 51.. that means I made (150+60)*2=420 items of 2 minutes each is about 14 hours of crafting for 2 fucking items!! and still no fucking mp

CHANGE YOUR CRAFTING CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder people use crafting hacks.. what you guys thought up is fucking insane!
My friend... quit the game already and come to the dark side (World of Warcraft).

Crafting is actually fun in that game! :clap:

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
yes the wow crafting system is great, you cant just sit and powerskill up to 300 either cuz the material drops from mobs... there are no quality either, all items you make are just as good

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Coccas said:
yes the wow crafting system is great, you cant just sit and powerskill up to 300 either cuz the material drops from mobs... there are no quality either, all items you make are just as good
like.gif
like.gif
like.gif
like.gif

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Crafting is gimped in DAOC, it doesnt matter if you are 1000 or 1165 in skill, you have the same chance of crafting a MP on a grey item. Actualy its not depending on skill but pure luck.

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Crafting is just a horrible, pointless time sink. Now that WoW is here (WoW crafting is very, very good), I suspect either Mythic will overhaul crafting (which crafters have been asking for a loooong time) or (more probably) that they won't bother, since only RvRers will be left playing daoc, and they dont give a crap anyway.

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Coccas said:
And best thing (at least for first aid, should think it was the same) if you plan on making for instance 10 equal items and you have the materials, just press create all and go get some coffee or whatever. When you get back to comp chances are high that you have 10 ex of said item in your backpack. That is unless fetching the coffee takes too short time ofcourse.. ;)

And Inga, if you decide to join the dark side, do tell me first. ;)

Indio

Fledgling Freddie
Chesnox said:
Crafting is just a horrible, pointless time sink.....

Absolutely, I gave up at 650 tailoring when I realised the futility of crafting and just got high enough to get woodwork up to a decent level to support invoker SW skill and salvaging.

IMO the value of crafting can be measured in simple terms - you can buy a full MP cloth suit for less than quarter of the asking price of some scrolls (that's if anyone wants crafted stuff these days).

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Im in with this one, I did my slog from 0 - 1160 on armour crafting thinking it would benefit both me and my realmies, then TOA came along and I was the last to dance at the prom. I get better utility out of rogs now than I can a 99 set. Farm in volc or green glades for 2 hours and presto, a full set of chain with stats equal to what we had pre TOA.

As for the MP thing, yeah Im in the "200 tries for bugger all" catagory. Plenty of 99s but whos buying, my CM had 2 pages of studded and chain at one time, guess what...its still there.

While on both here and on VN numerous suggestions have been made to make us useful again, Ive seen little plans from Mythic, tbh like rvr and ras, crafting needs a full makeover.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I liked the craft system in Runecraft, mine your ores at the mine with your pick axe, run to a furness and smelt them into bars, and then travel to an anvil to craft weapons with a hammer, all this can be done without the xx plats needed in DAoC. The only failure % in the process is smelting iron, rest makes perfectly.

Skill line for mining, smithing(smelting bars & craft) get exp for doing each thing.

Hate crafting in DAoC, its all about xx amount of plats you have, making it imposible to make armor/weapons for your own level as you don't have the funds when your low lvl.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Im in with this one, I did my slog from 0 - 1160 on armour crafting thinking it would benefit both me and my realmies, then TOA came along and I was the last to dance at the prom. I get better utility out of rogs now than I can a 99 set. Farm in volc or green glades for 2 hours and presto, a full set of chain with stats equal to what we had pre TOA.
You guys must really have problems getting your act together... since ToA no-one cares about 99% stuff, that's correct .. BUT people pay insane cash for MP stuff because they NEED it ... if you have problems charging players more than the actual making cost it's your problem really... FOR TEH REALM MEIGHT! ... my ass tbh ... if ppl pay 20p for a MP chain set WITHOUT hauberk I'm more than happy to take the cash off their hands ... or MP chain boots sell for 4p ... the only crafting that got the shaft is WC'ing ... good thing I never bothered level'ing one :m00:

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
You guys must really have problems getting your act together... since ToA no-one cares about 99% stuff, that's correct .. BUT people pay insane cash for MP stuff because they NEED it ... if you have problems charging players more than the actual making cost it's your problem really... FOR TEH REALM MEIGHT! ... my ass tbh ... if ppl pay 20p for a MP chain set WITHOUT hauberk I'm more than happy to take the cash off their hands ... or MP chain boots sell for 4p ... the only crafting that got the shaft is WC'ing ... good thing I never bothered level'ing one :m00:

NO ONE needs weaponscrafters anymore, apart from the odd stealther who wants a legendary weapon that u need a special ingredient for so u can't just make them and sell. Same with fletching, it really sucks. Atleast ppl still need armorcrafters, tailors, spellcrafters and alchemists.

Oh well, i can salvage and hinge with him atleast.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
I get better utility out of rogs now than I can a 99 set. Farm in volc or green glades for 2 hours and presto, a full set of chain with stats equal to what we had pre TOA.
I dunno what you are talking about here really... I've never seen a decent template with more than 2 armor drops, leaving 4 pieces of MP armor to be crafted, spellcrafted and alchemised ... whenever I see people in RvR zones with "full suits of uber ToA drops" I grin to myself and wait for their deathspam ...
and yes, I do know a little bit of what I'm talking about as I have four legendary crafters and have seen many templates of people running around ... if you just want to dress up a bb then a full suit of oceanus armor is fine ... but if you want to kill in RvR (and PvE as well of course) you won't stand a big chance without a decent outfit ;)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Chrystina said:
Yes MP gear is in demand, but as I stated, getting MP is just daft in the current system. 70 tries on an MP hat, 50 on a pair of sleeves, its not just damn time comsuming, taking anything from 100 minutes to score, its costly if you dont get it. At least pre ToA my 99 sales would keep my cash float reasonable, without having to farm more cash or enough arcanium to keep me going.

But, you can also spend a similar amount of cash or time getting artis and quest items to more than cap your toon. Boots for 4p, yes, but then add your albative, the SCing and it ramps up per item. In TOA go on an atri hunt or ML raid or TG hunt and presto, MP drops with procs. After spending many many hours to get my legendary status pre TOA, it now seems like I should have stopped at 1k metal work and forgot about the rest.

Myhtic really do need to make this more profitable again, SCers and Alchymists can still make decent cash. Im not talking just about ACers, but all trades need a revamp. And yes, give us the 6 damn slots too!

Gamah

Banned
It is getting very hard to find a armour crafter willing to craft mp these days..I really feel for players not in a bif guild trying to get mp bits done and not for like 20p for a vest or something like you pay in housing :puke:

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
Out of interest, are you being serious here or sarcastic?

Anyway, Mythic has already announced that they're working on another free add-on.. We could use a friendlier crafting system.. something along the lines of WoW.

Was being serious mate.
In EQ II all raw materials are mob drops.
When you craft an item you actually enter a sort of "combat" with the forge or loom or whatever your using.
You have to click on reactionary icons in order to complete the task. (Try doing it AFK and you will die so macro users need not apply).

SigvartH

Fledgling Freddie
Rookiescot said:
Was being serious mate.
When you craft an item you actually enter a sort of "combat" with the forge or loom or whatever your using.
You have to click on reactionary icons in order to complete the task. (Try doing it AFK and you will die so macro users need not apply).

He He that sure made a funny picture =). "Arhhh give me mye sword evil Forge", "Never she elf, over my non burning coal" :clap:

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Part of the problem as Whoodoo says is that the economy for crafters has gone from bad to worse.
99% items are practically unsalable unless you are making low tier stuff for lowbies or PvE kits for casuals. Either way you can't make any money on it.
MPs are a gamble, When I am accepting orders I offer a choice of retry rates or a fixed price. Retry rates are cost +10%, the fixed price is 55x materials cost for one make.
Previously I could balance the occasional MP disaster with a steady income from 99% level 51 suits but this is no longer possible.
For the record I have spent over 280 tries on af102 full plate legs before I got a MP. Conversely I made an af102 chain set for a guildmate and got MP crown, vest and sleeves in the first 5 crafts.
I think the market for crafting generally is improving now that people's templates are 'maturing' and the initial rush for ToA items has dropped. People are putting together templates that don't use as many artifacts and need crafted items to fil in the gaps - after all there's no point in having all those +cap bonuses if your stats aren't high enough to use them. Whether it becomes viable to be self sufficient solely from crafting again though remains to be seen.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Part of the problem as Whoodoo says is that the economy for crafters has gone from bad to worse.
99% items are practically unsalable unless you are making low tier stuff for lowbies or PvE kits for casuals. Either way you can't make any money on it.
MPs are a gamble, When I am accepting orders I offer a choice of retry rates or a fixed price. Retry rates are cost +10%, the fixed price is 55x materials cost for one make.
Previously I could balance the occasional MP disaster with a steady income from 99% level 51 suits but this is no longer possible.
well, 99% chain and plate stuff still sells fast off my CM (I sell it for twice what a merchant would give me for it).
and as for economy is bad for crafters: WAKE UP! armor crafters are in high demand! YOU make the prices, not the customers. I don't care if I make a MP in 1 try or 100, I charge as much as possible. Greed? yes, maybe... but I didn't spent hours and hours and plat after plat to skill up my crafters just to do other players a favour... the same goes for my sc'er ... the quicker a customer wants the job done, the more he pays, as simple as that :)
crafters, if you sell yourself for less than the customers are willing to pay than it's your fault and don't complain about bad economy.

Thornar

Fledgling Freddie
SigvartH said:
He He that sure made a funny picture =). "Arhhh give me mye sword evil Forge", "Never she elf, over my non burning coal" :clap:
lol! :clap:

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Rookiescot said:
Was being serious mate.
Seems like a fine system, then.

I think that DAoC could use less mind-killing button-mashing and more.. well.. interactiveness. Or something.

Evok

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
What im more pissed off about is that just as crafting became viable (i.e. you could actually spellcraft and add tinctures to armour and weapons), they then bring in TOA which makes 90% of all crafted items useless.

Mythic where so pleased with telling us that 'spellcrafting now gives you the crafter power to create some of the most powerfull items in the game at last as promised all along', and then destroy it all with TOA. Imho they should give us 6+ slots for spellcrafted items, and let us imbue them with TOA abilites like spell pierce, stealth lore, dmg bonuses, cap increases etc.
Totally agree. The great thing we were supposed to have was jewelcraft, which was supposed to give use neckies, bracers etc. Id hope also to be able put TOA sc/alc on it. But this fell off the radar long ago!!

Would also been good if u got all the crafts to a set lvl (800+) that u were able to make something powerful that wasnt dropped by mob<stops dreaming>

Mythic promised that craft would be maintained at the high end lvl of drops. Look at what we have LOL!!!

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Chesnox said:
Crafting is just a horrible, pointless time sink. Now that WoW is here (WoW crafting is very, very good), I suspect either Mythic will overhaul crafting (which crafters have been asking for a loooong time) or (more probably) that they won't bother, since only RvRers will be left playing daoc, and they dont give a crap anyway.
WoW crafting system sounds awful like that of Ultima Online many years ago where you gathered the materials yourself from mobs or natural resources. hardly anything knew and it just means there will be a market for people who do nothing but gather the natural resources!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Kami said:
WoW crafting system sounds awful like that of Ultima Online many years ago where you gathered the materials yourself from mobs or natural resources. hardly anything knew and it just means there will be a market for people who do nothing but gather the natural resources!

its to easy to get the resources in WoW for the crafters to bother buying them off ppl.. as for a tailor for example.. theres loads and loads of mobs that drop cloth squares, and the drop rate isnt even rare.. they drop ALOT. in about 2 hours farming i had got around 250 cloth pieces (then my inventory space ran out) and u dont really use any major ammount of cloth at the lower tiers.. cant say anything at the high tier crafting as i never got that far.

Marath

Fledgling Freddie
Just bought mp cloth pointed hat and mp cloth legs for my sm. Did I mention I have a LGM tailor ? The prices are so low and money so devalued theres no point even to craft my own armor with just the cost price.

Havent done a single order in over a year now excluding some odd guildie random qua stuff. (Ac/tailoring)

Cya in wow.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Gamah said:
It is getting very hard to find a armour crafter willing to craft mp these days..I really feel for players not in a bif guild trying to get mp bits done and not for like 20p for a vest or something like you pay in housing :puke:

I don't take MP orders at all anymore - possibel from in-game friends but not "normal" customers, because of the difficulties in selling 99% armour (chain, studded, leather and cloth).
When I can't manage chasflow with selling 99% - then I do not want to risk haven't to spend a huge amount of plat. on creating MP on demand, so I craft when I feel like it and if I get MP I throw it on my merchant.
It is pretty much gone fast.

I still sell 99% stuff form merchant occasionally, but it has to be priced near cost + a few gold or they will stay there for ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom