crafting changes....

UriZeN

Fledgling Freddie
ive noticed some craf related polls in daoc login screens. anyone know if there are any crafting changes planned in upcoming patches?

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
It's not in the 1.83 patch, if that's what you mean...

I think it will come tho, but that's high likely to be after the summer in the US, and due to a lot of changes.. it might hit december here. But this is wild speculation.. no one knows for sure :) _ Only Mythic.. :)

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
i personally hope they do change crafting for the better..

IMO WoW crafting was LOTS better than DAOC,, skinning for example u do it as and when u want AS you exp.

i for one will never craft as it is at the monent takes to long. to much money and is so damn boring sat there presing one button . yes they TRIED to make it better by adding those stupid ingame games "does any1 actually play em apart from trifecta?" but they suck.

but i will become a crafter at some point if they make it easier or at least more fun.

fingers crossed huh?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
its not hard to get an lgm, just read a book or watch a movie/tv series

CaptainSam

Fledgling Freddie
Ugh, crafting! Don't get me started on crafting!

When I first started it, I was thinking "What a great way to round out my character. Maybe I'll make some money too!" How wrong I was.

Weaponcrafting bankrupted my character several times over, took way to long and the results were disappointing to say the least.

When you compare what you can make, even at LGM to what gets dropped by mobs, even the lower-level stuff, there is no way anyone will pay more than a plat for a decent procced weapon.

Having got up to 900-something, I decided to give up until Mythic got their act together and made it worthwhile.

Oh, and I'm spending all my hard-earned dosh on horses at the moment.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
well i have all 6 lgm crafters, the only ones i make any decent money from are SC and AC, the rest are pretty pointless, i cant even be bothered to make my own end pots anymore, fletching is worthless and has been for a long time, same with WC, people want leggies but dont seem to understand the money/time that goes into making them, i have to log on 3 crafters to make the weapons, and also do the crafter quest every 8 trys. tailoring doesnt make much money over time, pretty much just supports my AC, which doesnt make all that much cash tbh. SC is where the money is to be made.

i hope they do have a good revamp, though i am not sure i would be happy if they made it to much easier to get LGM.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
i hope they do have a good revamp, though i am not sure i would be happy if they made it to much easier to get LGM.

I couldn't care less if they did TBH, nor should you. Your focus is in the wrong place IMHO. What Mythic ought to do is provide an incentive to people who cap their crafter. For example, as a 1165 Tailor, it'd be nice if Mythic made my minimum make 99% quality, with the chances of an MP hugely increased. I'd also like not to have a failure on a grey con make.

I am sure they must be a multitude of other ways crafting could be improved as well. One that springs to mind is allowing us more imbue on SC, so that the caps can be filled out and people can make better templates. Perhaps even allowing capped SC players to add caps, ToA bonuses and other unique effects to armour.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah.. more imbue would add to the wanted level of crafted items,
also it just sucks to be a LG ACer and need another LG Tailor to make most of the stuff. It's fine giving tailor cloth + leather + studded and AC studded + chain + plate.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Moaning Myrtle said:
I couldn't care less if they did TBH, nor should you. Your focus is in the wrong place IMHO. What Mythic ought to do is provide an incentive to people who cap their crafter. For example, as a 1165 Tailor, it'd be nice if Mythic made my minimum make 99% quality, with the chances of an MP hugely increased. I'd also like not to have a failure on a grey con make.

Then players who aren't at the cap are unable to compete with those who are.

I'd say Mythic need to do the following:

- Add a method for all players to guarantee of getting a 99% part, with a hugely increased chance of getting a MP part - however it should cost a lot more. A 1 in 10 chance should always give a 99% part, but costs 5 times as much as normal due to the increased odds.

- Remove the tailor dependency for armourcrafting. It really is time to remove this, the idea to make it easier with a special lining type hasn't really made things easier enough.

- Change alchemy so that players can add any tinctures/recharges to armour/weapons once they've bought the item.

- Make spellcrafting much easier for players. Maybe add 10 different gem types with varying costs, players could /use the gem and then choose what bonuses the item gets. A flawless gem for example could have any of the existing flawless gem stats (25 stat, 15% resist, 68 hits, etc). The BUYER can then choose the stats for the gem (when they /use), the buyer should also be able to spellcraft himself.

- Remove the overcharge blowing up chance for spellcrafting. Allow 600+ spellcrafters to create a +1 overcharge gem, with 1000+ spellcrafters being able to make a +5 overcharge gem. Costs could be something like 1g, 5g, 25g, 75g, 200g for each level of overcharge.

- Somehow rework weaponcrafting/fletching, both are totally useless with artifact/champion weapons.

- Rework the skill gain system for crafting, it's way too slow. Players can level to 50 in drops on a new classic server faster than they can reach LGM for crafting.

Theres probably loads of other bits, but those are my main wishes as a 6xLGM crafter! :p

Himse

FH is my second home
Put chances to get + stat caps on crafted bits, or toa bonuses lel :D or give AC'ers / WC'ers a skill to put stat caps on items, so that crafted swords etc might actually be useful. or somit like that

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Armourcrafters aren't too bad - they get orders/sales on the slots which you can't get drops for, or to complete the stats on the other slots you've got.

Weaponcrafting suffers from a lack of ToA bonuses, boring items which look awful, lack of ability on the item, etc. Just adding some +cap won't help.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Allow Spellcrafters/Alchemists access to the woodworking skill

-or-

Change the /repair function to be based on your Siege skill

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
I'd also like not to have a failure on a grey con make.
Errm.. You can't have a failure on a grey con make. Unless you mean you get something of unsaleable quality rather than an actual failure?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
this is the sort of shit i hate, note, making some MP scale arms, 80 odd retries so far, this is making the linings (qual of linings means fuck all for the actual scale item) 3 MPs in 8 trys

sshot008copy.jpg

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
what i hate about my lgm carfter is everyone says how much for lvl 51 mp? i don't know i could say 2 plat each peice but i could end up losing 2 plat on it i could make a healthy profit also to be fair. but people don't want to know or don't want to pay up front for a peice. why should i risk losing upto 4-5 plat. so i just craft for guildies charge them what it costs me and if they want to tip me fair enough.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Could always add some artifact style Weapons bows and armour that are craftable but require certain drops from the Mainland and SI bosses and world bosses.

Agree with the SC kits thing though.

Getting from 1-1000 though needs to be made abit more interesting though

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
WoW crafting is a lot better then DAOC crafting, i am actually like crafting in WoW while i really disliked it at DAOC. I mean reading a book is not to bad but having to do it so i can bear crafting is a bit over the top

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Crafting would be a helluva lot less hassle if you could queue the items like you can in Wow. Just say 'make all' with the materials you have and forget it a bit. If I'm reading or watching TV I sometimes forget to push the crafting button!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Heres my little 2p worth on this:

• All top tier materails should not be buyable, they should come from mob drops or /salvage, some alchy items already do, and this would give PvE a little more usefulness.
  • Reduce crafting timers by around 30%, except for LGM (capped) who are professionals and make them 50%, giving more to strive for becoming LGM in the first place.
  • ALL Artefacts, should be finished by crafters, not just the lazy arse way we have now, again making crafters more useful. After visiting the hall of heros, you get the "magical component" from them to turn an MP (only) item into its artefact.
  • Return the ability for crafters to repair artefacts, and remove the NPC smiths, but also using materials (like arcanium) to do the repairs and warrant a costing.
  • Remove the limits on one craft type per toon, instead let 1 toon become LGM in all crafts.
  • Make the crafting quests more rewarding, the financial gains on them are still at patch 1.38 levels, these days a decent profit should be easily doable.
  • More skins for armour and weapons, using components from certain areas (ice-like for TG, desert look for Stygia, wolf coats from Malm etc) to create more unique armour sets. Most of these are already avaiable, so why cant we craft them (like the kobold gear we got in cata!)?
  • Put in more quests that give crafters a decent raise, not +1 in something but like +10 or +50 for higher level quests.
  • Add rare components in high level dungeons, like legendary weapons, for armour that automatically put a stat or proc unique to that item on (pre-SC).
Think thats it for now, I might think up some more. Basically make crafters useful again, give em sommit to work towards and some fun back in it too. I dont see why it harder work becoming a crafter than it is these days to level a 50, TOA and RvR it to RR5...discuss.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
If crafting is made easier i would like to respec my invested time i have spent skilling my crafters into realmpoints if that is possible.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Only if you also give back any items or trinkets you've made so far.

Darzil
(4 LGM's and rising)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
If its made as easy as artis are now, then some kind of compensation would be nice, but hard to impliment without upsetting others, cacth 22 situation there. Then again I dont see Mythic giving warlocks compensation for nerfing them beyond use after people put hard work into them.

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
yes but on the other hand , a warlock is easy to make one while a crafter need some effort and time put into. they are both about spamming buttons, but making a crafter takes more time, and also some platina.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic need to make crafting more interesting and more worthwhile, not easier. Yes, it takes a considerable investment of time and resources to get a Legendary crafter, Mythic need to make it so that that investment is worth it. At the moment, it isn't.

Crafted items that are expensive to make and require drops or quests to complete (like legendary weapons) but are actually worth having (unlike legendary weapons ;)) is the way forward. The ability to add better artifact-style abilities to weapons, armour, and jewelry is needed. As is the ability to SC a more diverse range of stats. A variety of different skins for armour and weapons too.

The key to a successful crafting overhaul is to make it more interesting, I repeat, not easier.

For the bast crafting system in an online game ever, look at Horizons. Shitty game, but absolutely superb crafting.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Farbaute2 said:
yes but on the other hand , a warlock is easy to make one while a crafter need some effort and time put into. they are both about spamming buttons, but making a crafter takes more time, and also some platina.
My comparison wasnt about how easy it is to make them, its about how crafters and characters (for example warlocks or necros in rvr) have gone from being very useful to everyone (before the days of TOA), to being near useless. Making things easier now for crafters will upset a lot of people who LGMd their way to a severe case of boredom, RSI and the knowledge of the Mills and Boon back catalogue who slaved away from who knows howmany hours /played to acheive their goal.

Changing it is needed badly, but as Vell says, it shouldnt be made too much easier, just more beneficial.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
I agree. Crafting doesn't need to be made easier, make it more useful.

Appendix

Fledgling Freddie
Give lgm crafters the ability to restore durability on dropped items.

For instance, I have 3 darkspire armor pieces on my wizard that eventually will wear out and become useless. When that happens I will be forced to farm new ones, which I know I never will have the patience to do. Make it so lgm crafters can not only repair all items but also restore durability, of course at an appropriate material cost.

Or optionally, give lgm crafters the ability to "reverse engineer" dropped items. For instance if a lgm AC finds a Darkspire hauberk and chooses to take it apart to learn how it's made, that would permanently give him the skill to manufacture copies as long as he has access to the correct materials (which would have to be farmed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom