crackly sound

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
when i play BF1942 i always get crackly sound in a vehicle, normal play is ok. sometimes in other games the sound crackles too and i must restart the game for it to go back to normal.

i used to get this on my old abit board and it was a known issue with the PCI bus or something like that. my new board is an asus a7n8x-x, please dont say i am cursed with the same prob :(. the sound card is a SB live! which i also used on the old board.

all drivers up to date

thanks. :(

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Try turning off Hardware Acceleration, it's a pretty widespread problem with the SB Lives and BF42.

tris-

thanks i will give it a go. :wub:

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
That, by the way, can be accessed by doing:
Code:
Start >> Run: dxdiag
Then it's under the Sound tab for your card. I think you may also be able to get to it somewhere in the Sound control panel, but this is the way I got to it when I had to switch mine down (also an SBLive) for Splinter Cell.

There're about 4 or 5 levels you can set it to. Does anyone know what the 'bad' implications of changing it are of turning it down?

tris-

all drivers are updated. still not tryed turning down hardware acceleration yet.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Installed those realtek drivers and they solved a slight speaker pop I was getting in certain games. On the downside I now get a slight juddering sound playing mp3's and teamspeak doesn't work. Used to think the nvidia soundstorm was a great sound card but it's really sucking lately.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Bah had to remove them and reinstall the nvidia drivers. Microphone was bodged in and I have no idea how it was affecting mp3's. Any other possible fixes for an extremely small occasional speaker pop in certain areas of certain games? It only happens when playing windows sounds (like the startup sound, critical beep, etc.) and when indoors (like in the building or going down the lift) in the farcry demo. At all other times it's absolutely fine.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Tried reducing the volume slightly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom