Couple of Q's about Cata PvE Bonuses.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Ello there,

I've noticed that quite a few of these cata drops have a "Reactionary Style Damage Bonus (PvE only)" am I right in thinking this will only effect styles such as Beartooth for my Thrust line?

And are the caps simular to ToA bonuses, being 10%?
For example, could I get tons of +% Defence bonus on my scout and never be touched?

Finaly, "Piece Ablative (PvE only)" means? :)

Thanks in advance.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Doh, too late to edit the 1st post!

Does this "Block (PvE only): 5%" bonus effect classes that can weild shields but can not spec them?

A Mincer for example.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Jaem- said:
Doh, too late to edit the 1st post!

Does this "Block (PvE only): 5%" bonus effect classes that can weild shields but can not spec them?

A Mincer for example.

as its % and not +shield or whatever, id suspect that yes it would affect all shield using classes not just those that spec in it... surely u could make a warrior/pally with like 100% chance to block? sure there temp wouldnt be that good but for pve farming it would own, never get hit and just slwoly work the mob away :D

Helme

Resident Freddy
Thats why they put a blockrate cap in, because some people could never get hit in PvE, and scouts are able to block more then they should be able to, because of high dex etc.

And im pretty sure that block% helps all classes, and if I understanded what defense% did, it lowered your damage output with the same % but increased defense, quite handy for healers and in high end PvE I guess.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
yes, there are caps to the %s, cant remember em all for sure, bu think for block/parry/evade its 10%

piece ablative works like this:

say you got a pair of cata sleeves with a 5% piece ablative....whenever you get hit in the ARMS, the armour will take away an extra 5% of the dmg, kinda like having 5% resists to everything, but on sleeves only. at least im pretty sure that's the idea.

hope this explains it to yer, if it dont just blame my poor explanation skills.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I think the caps are 10% for most of them (or rather level/5), and 50% (or rather level) for xp loss on death.

There is a fuller listing on the catacombs vn board, though it's quite a few pages deep now.

Darzil

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
%block bonus works on non-shield specced classes, tested it on my shaman and I did block more with 5% block bonus than without :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom