Politics Council prayers

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I agree Wij. But I wasn't being particularly picky with the argument. It's not like I'm having to pin down every single word he says to get anywhere - he's not Toht...

:)
Actually Toht kind of agrees with you.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyone who does not want to enter the council chamber until the prayers are over is being disrespectful to the mayor

Cunt.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Then again, what's stopping people from letting people pray and just ignore it? It's not like praying is infectious where you get the jesus from being around praying people :p

Only place i might get a bit "itchy" about praying is if some muslim starts saying praises on the bus while holding a mobile phone in his hand and sweating like a 10 year old emmental :D

Wij

I am a FH squatter
What's worse is that was actually the Mayor saying it :)

Total sociopath (cunt).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Then again, what's stopping people from letting people pray and just ignore it? It's not like praying is infectious where you get the jesus from being around praying people :p

Why should they? They are being summoned to attend these meetings several times a week and being made to sit through what someone else thinks they should be sitting through that is nothing to do with their job.

How would you like it if staff in Maccy D's decided that you should sit through 5 minutes of their slides of a holiday they had in 1973 before being allowed to give them your order.

Sure you COULD sit through it but after about the 10th time wouldn't you just think "these people are cunts."

rynnor

Rockhound
Isnt talking about yourself in the 3rd person a little bit crazy?

That mayor is a credit to local council bullshit - I for one dont want my local council to get more powers because they are less sane than even central government...

soze

I am a FH squatter
I thought of that whilst I was typing it. And of course the answer is yes.

If muslims need to pray during the working day then they should make up the time that they take praying elsewhere. I.E. If it takes them half an hour of a 9-5 working day they should work either 8:30-5 or 9-5:30...

Companies I work at provide a prayer room for muslims - and I think that's fine. It's what a company should do to accomodate staff.

However, I hope they don't also give them free time and money or I want an hour a day just to sit at my desk and wank.
I worked for a summer at a Credit Card call centre and my "mentor" would stop what he was doing and disappear for up to half an hour depending how far he had to go to the prayer room. So I was paid to sit on my arse and wait for him to get back :) He worked the same hours as me and took his full hour for lunch.

With some company's now making you take your smoke breaks out of your own time though I imagine a lot of it will be in your own time.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Why should they? They are being summoned to attend these meetings several times a week and being made to sit through what someone else thinks they should be sitting through that is nothing to do with their job.

How would you like it if staff in Maccy D's decided that you should sit through 5 minutes of their slides of a holiday they had in 1973 before being allowed to give them your order.

Sure you COULD sit through it but after about the 10th time wouldn't you just think "these people are cunts."

Just ignore it, have patience. If someone does something non-mandatory around me, i just ignore it and text someone, or read some stuff, whatnot.

MacD is different, they are working the line already. If i had to wait 5 mintues RIGHT after opening, then i'd have the patience/understanding to do so.

Alls i'm saying is that you waste more energy in fighting these kind of pointless battles, then you'd gain by taking a 5 minute nap while others pray :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just ignore it, have patience. If someone does something non-mandatory around me, i just ignore it and text someone, or read some stuff, whatnot.

MacD is different, they are working the line already. If i had to wait 5 mintues RIGHT after opening, then i'd have the patience/understanding to do so.

Alls i'm saying is that you waste more energy in fighting these kind of pointless battles, then you'd gain by taking a 5 minute nap while others pray :p

Except if I'm a taxpayer in Bideford I'm paying for those cunts to go a-god-bothering. And on your MacD example; suuuure you'd wait; every single time. Don't talk out of your arse toht.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Except if I'm a taxpayer in Bideford I'm paying for those cunts to go a-god-bothering. And on your MacD example; suuuure you'd wait; every single time. Don't talk out of your arse toht.

different matter, i already said it should be done before/after work-stuff. Read that? Understood that? Good. But when it IS happening, you should just ignore it as you're not in that much of a hurry.

It's not my MacD example, i said it's not even the same thing and then said on what condition it would be applicable. And yes, yes i would. Don't try and tell me how patient i am. Unlike some people, i don't mind waiting as there REALLY isn't such a hurry outside emergencies.

DaGaffer

different matter, i already said it should be done before/after work-stuff. Read that? Understood that? Good. But when it IS happening, you should just ignore it as you're not in that much of a hurry.

It's not my MacD example, i said it's not even the same thing and then said on what condition it would be applicable. And yes, yes i would. Don't try and tell me how patient i am. Unlike some people, i don't mind waiting as there REALLY isn't such a hurry outside emergencies.

So, every time you went to Macdonalds, you'd be happy to sit through five minutes of holiday snaps from a stranger. Every time. You wouldn't just go to Burger King instead? Toht, you're a fucking trolling liar.

DaGaffer

As ever, (early) Simpsons has the right quote for this situation:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So, every time you went to Macdonalds, you'd be happy to sit through five minutes of holiday snaps from a stranger. Every time. You wouldn't just go to Burger King instead? Toht, you're a fucking trolling liar.

No, that's not what i said. I said that if i had to wait 5 minutes for service right after opening, i'd have patience to do so as they just opened.

That being said, it's a different matter as i'm a customer. If i was working at MacD, yes, i would sit through those holiday slides. Employee - customer - different matter.

And again, my patience is not something that you can compare to your own impatient arse.

As for your simpsons thing, maybe you should save that for A: when i talk about religion in a defensive manner and B: choose the right religion you moron.

DaGaffer

No, that's not what i said. I said that if i had to wait 5 minutes for service right after opening, i'd have patience to do so as they just opened.

That being said, it's a different matter as i'm a customer. If i was working at MacD, yes, i would sit through those holiday slides. Employee - customer - different matter.

And again, my patience is not something that you can compare to your own impatient arse.

People going to council meetings aren't "employees", they're elected councillors, they're there to represent their constituents, not sit through someone else's mental health issues.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
People going to council meetings aren't "employees", they're elected councillors, they're there to represent their constituents, not sit through someone else's mental health issues.

Closer to MacD burgerflippers then paying customers. If the meeting starts at 9:05 due to praying, get there at 9:0 f*cking 5.

But well done, in just 10 minutes you've managed to mistake someone elses example to mine, mistaken me as a christian, thought i support these prayers and somehow turned it into a discussion about patience at a MacD :D

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
fucking LOL
"Anyone who does not want to enter the council chamber until the prayers are over is being disrespectful to the mayor."
REALLY ?!
pull the other one its got bells on it
how about "against the law", how about "religious persecution", how about "eu human rights shit"

what i would pay to see is, a couple of burly coppers walk in there and nick the whole lot of them, then minute they go all leg-bend

stupid stupid CUNTS

there are actually important things they should be doing, waste of oxygen tbh

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
WMG has bloced that video from this website, watch on UTube

thefuck ?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't ya know that games released in 1983 are really important to keep under tight copywright wraps? :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well done Wij :D

Yeah Mabs that is bullcrap. It shouldn't be punished, or affect business, at all.(regarding your quote on disrespect)

DaGaffer

Closer to MacD burgerflippers then paying customers. If the meeting starts at 9:05 due to praying, get there at 9:0 f*cking 5.

But well done, in just 10 minutes you've managed to mistake someone elses example to mine, mistaken me as a christian, thought i support these prayers and somehow turned it into a discussion about patience at a MacD :D

No I haven't, I was responding to your response to Wij's example, and the fact they're Christians is irrelevant; anyone spending time talking to their imaginary friend on the public purse, irrespective of which flavour of gibberish they follow, is out of order.

As for getting there at 9.05; personally that's what I would do; but for some reason the non-god-bothering counciillers are uncomfortable with that as it makes them look rude and unprofessional. But once again, that's not the point. Of course turning up late is a perfectly practical response, but it doesn't alter the fact that the mayor and his cronies are misusing council facilities and wasting public money.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Also the mayor made it perfectly clear that people who turned up late would be looked unfavourably upon. Open discrimination.

Let's try another example :)

"It's the tradition, from centuries ago, in our office that first thing in every meeting all the ladies line up to have their bottoms patted by the boss as they file in. If anyone minds then they can opt out but that's just letting everyone know they are FRIGID LESBIAN BITCHES who won't be getting a pay rise this year. Of course militant, intolerant equal-rightsists are trying to say I should keep bottom-patting out of the work place. They are oppressing me !!!"

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No I haven't, I was responding to your response to Wij's example, and the fact they're Christians is irrelevant; anyone spending time talking to their imaginary friend on the public purse, irrespective of which flavour of gibberish they follow, is out of order.

As for getting there at 9.05; personally that's what I would do; but for some reason the non-god-bothering counciillers are uncomfortable with that as it makes them look rude and unprofessional. But once again, that's not the point. Of course turning up late is a perfectly practical response, but it doesn't alter the fact that the mayor and his cronies are misusing council facilities and wasting public money.

Yeah, we're on the same page, but the point i was making is that on "our" side, could use some patience IF the situation isn't changing.

As in; ok, they'll keep doing this, what are my options? Rant and rage, or sit through it while i play with my psp?

Second choice would go a long way. If you catch my drift there.

They're wankers for getting paid for it(it's personal stuff) and others are wankers for making a mountain out of it.

"It's the tradition, from centuries ago, in our office that first thing in every meeting all the ladies line up to have their bottoms patted by the boss as they file in. If anyone minds then they can opt out but that's just letting everyone know they are FRIGID LESBIAN BITCHES who won't be getting a pay rise this year. Of course militant, intolerant equal-rightsists are trying to say I should keep bottom-patting out of the work place. They are oppressing me !!!"

To be fair, bottomslapping women in the morning is a fair and reasonable way to work.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
To be fair, bottomslapping women in the morning is a fair and reasonable way to work.

Did I mention it applies to seals as well as women?

...and by 'pat' I mean bugger until resembles a squashed blood-orange.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I've always had a guilty secret desire to get elected to my local council and try and do something useful once I've made enough money not to care if I get fired for following ideals and not covering my arse. I wonder if it will ever happen?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Did I mention it applies to seals as well as women?

...and by 'pat' I mean bugger until resembles a squashed blood-orange.

Not sure, you'd have to come over and show your definition of 'pat' in more detail :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom