Politics Coronavirus

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
EU talking about mandatory vaccines now...

That would go down well, I'm sure.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Welsh Labour would love that I bet.

Body autonomy will stop that. It's Van Der Leyden rather than "the EU" isn't it though - so she can fuck off.

European Court of Human Rights will sensibly kick that out as mandatory vaccination is clearly against human rights.

If wankers don't want to get vaccinated then there is a cost to society. But that cost shouldn't be we turn into facists to force what people have to put in their bodies.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

Mandatory vaccines is going to be a mess, not a lot of faith in govts that have bungled so many things during corona times

Embattle

FH is my second home
If wankers don't want to get vaccinated then there is a cost to society. But that cost shouldn't be we turn into facists to force what people have to put in their bodies.

I prefer the Singapore method, if you choose not to have the vaccine and end up in hospital you'll pay for the treatment.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I prefer the Singapore method, if you choose not to have the vaccine and end up in hospital you'll pay for the treatment.
I’d go for that. Hit ‘em in the wallet. Only medical exemptions. No religious ones. Fuck em.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
My guess is here they will make it part of required vaccines for child support. Dont want to get vaccines? Fine say goodbye to the monthly cash payment + 1500 euro childcare subsidy

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
/job I wonder if they will detain people that refuse.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's coercion in another name.

People in blighty pay their stamp. The NHS is the NHS. If you end up in hospital with Covid you'll have a fucking rude awakening as the hospital staff tell you that you've got a significant chance of dying.

That's enough for me.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
That's coercion in another name.

People in blighty pay their stamp. The NHS is the NHS. If you end up in hospital with Covid you'll have a fucking rude awakening as the hospital staff tell you that you've got a significant chance of dying.

That's enough for me.

I agree, it might have worked if they had not made such a mess of the way restrictions were implemented

The cities state they have a duty of care towards their staff, exposing daycare staff to shit because the kids parents have dumb ideological stances (anti vax is practically religion these days) is their reasoning for bot subsidising it and feels understandable, its se restriction you would get if you opted out of giving your kids MMR (for non-medical reasons)

In practice this coercian and pseudo mandatoryness is meant to be already happening with the corona pass bit it is being appallingly implemented, you have to show it if you go to a bar but its just a PDF with a QR code, if you have a particular diligent security person they might scan the code and see it actually is real but rarely will they compare the name that comes up with your ID (adds too much friction and doesn't work for venues that don't normally need ID) so its basically useless for what it is intended for

Cases are rising here but see people not following restrictions all the time now, which was rare during first/second wave. Now people are tired of hearing conflicting advice every few weeks and seem to care less. The fact that so many already have been vaccinated probably plays into feeling its not as urgent or scary anymore for most of the population

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The moment you go down the "if you do this you pay for treatment" route you open the door to all kinds of things. Fat? Pay. Risky sports? Pay. Smoker? Pay.

And the instant the word "pay" gets inserted into any NHS treatment, you can never go back. Just like dentistry.

I think it's better if we let businesses decide that they can fire people who won't get vaccinated.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Smokers, drinkers and fat people already pay via taxation of the things they do to increase their risk. fuckwits don't.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Personally, as long as the vaccines offer some protection to whatever transformer name they're calling the new varient then there's no call for anything other than business as usual. Nod to masks.

If people are dying of it, it's the unvaccinated. That's all they need to know.

If the guardian wanted to kick anti-vaxxers they'd print their daily 'rona update with "Vaccinated Dead" vs "Unvaccinated Dead". And we'd see fuckloads of unvaccinated on there every day.

But no more lockdowns. I've had my jab. I wear my mask. I've done my bit. That's enough of my life burned up in tedium to help "save the NHS" or other people. I'm not prepared to go any further.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Smokers, drinkers and fat people already pay via taxation of the things they do to increase their risk. fuckwits don't.
Smokers, drinkers and fat people are a net negative loss, not gain.

Smokers don't pay enough in tax to pay for their care. It's still cheaper and better for the NHS and government if smokers give up smoking and stop paying that tax. They're more liable to die quicker than multiple debilitating expensive diseases.

And fuckwitts do pay. They pay by the nature of being fuckwitts. Put it this way - there's not a single anti-vaxxer in the top 10% of staff where I work. Because they're not fuckwitts.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Smokers don't pay enough in tax to pay for their care. It's still cheaper and better for the NHS and government if smokers give up smoking and stop paying that tax.
£9.6 billion seems like quite a hole that would need to be filled by other taxation

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It will have to be, smoking is dying out. I bought some baccy today for xmas festivities, nearly had to sell my shoes.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The associated costs are well above the tax generation, the issue is the delay between the tax loss and future savings.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Last time I checked into this taxes pulled in by smokers was much more than the NHS bill to care for them. What's changed?

That's what older studies found and with the tax being higher and the cost of treatment lower (as tech ages, treatments improve etc) I can't see it being any different now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom