Politics Coronavirus

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I got my flu jab earlier in the week, first flu jab I've had in America where I didn't end up being sick for a few days. Did I want a covid booster shot while I was there? No thanks.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I got my flu jab earlier in the week, first flu jab I've had in America where I didn't end up being sick for a few days. Did I want a covid booster shot while I was there? No thanks.
Why not? Just take both at the same time and be done with it.

People's reticence boggles my mind completely

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I only had my 2nd covid shot 5 months ago. I'm traveling next week, don't have time for side effects this week. Will get it in December when I'm back and don't have anything planned.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I only had my 2nd covid shot 5 months ago. I'm traveling next week, don't have time for side effects this week. Will get it in December when I'm back and don't have anything planned.
Out of interest, did you get side effects the first time round?

I'm the other way round me. If I'm there, and all they have to do is jab me, they may as well get on and do it. If it goes to tits at work because of that then so be it - there's zero convenient time for me to be off work (or on holiday from work tbh). So I don't worry about it. :)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Out of interest, did you get side effects the first time round?

I'm the other way round me. If I'm there, and all they have to do is jab me, they may as well get on and do it. If it goes to tits at work because of that then so be it - there's zero convenient time for me to be off work (or on holiday from work tbh). So I don't worry about it. :)

For second covid shot, I was feeling poorly beginning that evening, and the next day, spent the whole day in bed shivering with fever. It took about 3 days for me to recover fully. That's how I normally react to vaccines, including flu vaccines, so it wasn't a total surprise. I had it done early on a Saturday for that reason.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Why not? Just take both at the same time and be done with it.

People's reticence boggles my mind completely
Still showing your medical knowledge = fuck all.
You can not have a covid booster until six months after your 2nd injection.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My boss was saying his 94 year old mum got booked in, turned up and told to come back 2 days later, 160 days is not 6 months.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Still showing your medical knowledge = fuck all.
You can not have a covid booster until six months after your 2nd injection.

In the US I believe they've shifted to 5 months, either way he was offered it.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Yesterday our neighbour (unvaccinated) contacted Mrs JBP| while I was at work, asking if we had any spare tests (we don't).
After much fannying about she says she has all the symptoms and we send her a link to get a test sent to her, which apparently will arrive on Monday.
This evening she goes out in her car and returns with another person and a small child.
I'm actually speechless!

Embattle

FH is my second home
So this months (06/11/2021) ONS blood sample results are back and after two months of being negative for antibodies this months are positive for antibodies.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
"I know a lot of businesses who are complying with this out of fear, I'm hoping by making a stand in this way it will give others courage to follow suit," she added.
Or you get shut down and made to look like a bit of a twat.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Only person looking like a twat in that situation would be the one doing the shutting down.

And of course anyone sitting there thinking..hmmm, vaccine passports, they sound like a REALLY good idea.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You get shut down because the Labour government in Wales has passed a coercive, discriminatory law. We need people to take a stand against unjust laws by risking prosecution. It's how they get repealed.

the Welsh government had "discriminated against those exercising their right to bodily autonomy".
"Covid passes do not give freedom, they take it away."
Both of these are true if denial in freely being able to partake in your culture is against human rights legislation.

But then, we've Brexited, so we don't really give a shit about that ;)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I was at the rugby in Cardiff a couple of weeks ago, had to show covid passport to get in. I'm fairly apathetic towards it. I don't love it, but also don't think it's some mad government conspiracy to control us all further and remove all our freedoms. But anyway, the problem was you've got 80,000 all trying to get onto the NHS app and download their pass using 4g. Obviously didn't work. In the end my brother managed to get on, screenshot his and sent it to me on WhatsApp.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

A study in the British Medical Journal said:
Results from more than 30 studies from around the world were analysed in detail, showing a statistically significant 53% reduction in the incidence of Covid with mask wearing and a 25% reduction with physical distancing
@Bodhi? Position:amended?

Bodhi

@Bodhi? Position:amended?

Nope. Still no more evidence out there that masks work than there is than "horse dewormer" works.

View: https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1461325657653317640?s=20

Do masks reduce risk of COVID19 by 53%? How about 80?

Interestingly, in the only published cluster RCT to date during COVID19, surgical masks had an 11% risk reduction and cloth masks had no effect at all on the primary endpoint of symptom driven lab positive results.

That cluster based RCT (presumably the Bangladeshi study) also had some fairly serious issues - i.e the 11% Risk Reduction was only seen in those over 65, and it was quite difficult to tell how much of that was down to the masks, given the masking cohort was also given advice on social distancing, hygeine etc etc.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

Bit awkward that the tweet you used to backup your claim that there's:
Still no more evidence out there that masks work than there is than "horse dewormer" works.
is followed by one from the same author saying:

The numbers in that Guardian article appear to be (some way) off but that journo says categorically that there's "good evidence that masks reduce Covid incidence".

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
10% 50% you would still be an absolute fucking spaz for not reducing your risk and wearing a mask. It's not hard, its not even that much of a pain (except for that trudge back to the car because you forgot to grab it) what's the fucking problem?

Except wearing one would diminish the cheesy edgy AF look.

Bodhi

Bit awkward that the tweet you used to backup your claim that there's:

is followed by one from the same author saying:

The numbers in that Guardian article appear to be (some way) off but that journo says categorically that there's "good evidence that masks reduce Covid incidence".

Bit awkward that you didn't read the second link I posted which discusses the 10% figure and how reliable it is really - i.e not very.

Bodhi

10% 50% you would still be an absolute fucking spaz for not reducing your risk and wearing a mask. It's not hard, its not even that much of a pain (except for that trudge back to the car because you forgot to grab it) what's the fucking problem?

Except wearing one would diminish the cheesy edgy AF look.

Given that when the mask mandate was introduced over here the Government gave a fairly decent list of medical exemptions for why some don't have to wear a mask, my guess is that for a decent proportion of the population - people with anxiety, PTSD, hearing problems, domestic abuse survivors etc, wearing a mask is a fucking problem.

However given they're now optional, and how few people are still wearing them, it's hardly looking edgy when you're one of many not wearing one.

You'd probably realise that if you left the house occasionally.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am in the office pretty much full time now... and yeah, shops...no thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom