Politics Coronavirus

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well that's lockdowns for you - the middle classes can stay at home and work on Zoom, whilst the working classes have to go to the factories and distribution centres and carry on working to bring them stuff. It's like focused protection for the middle class.
So you think the tories would attempt to give a shit about mask wearing to set an example for the people that are dying...

...oh wait. The tories don't give a shit.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Frankly I don't give a shit about antivaxers dying, play stupid games, win stupid prizes and all that.

4 fully vaccinated people at work have gone down with it this week but "luckily" its just like flu for them so far.

The danger is that the more people that think Bill gates is trying to track them or whatever the more its out there, the more it has a chance to mutate.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Frankly I don't give a shit about antivaxers dying, play stupid games, win stupid prizes and all that.

4 fully vaccinated people at work have gone down with it this week but "luckily" its just like flu for them so far.

The danger is that the more people that think Bill gates is trying to track them or whatever the more its out there, the more it has a chance to mutate.
Whilst I agree with the sentiment, no man is an island.

Tory examples kill vaccinated people and the vulnerable. we need people to voluntarily be less selfish, and that starts with MP's setting a good example.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I despise this tendency for people to overact when people mention about having a plan, even starting at a basic level will ultimately stop the government having to bring in a total lockdown but it is always doing it too late and thus is forced into drastic action.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I despise this tendency for people to overact when people mention about having a plan, even starting at a basic level will ultimately stop the government having to bring in a total lockdown but it is always doing it too late and thus is forced into drastic action.

This, precisely.

Let's not have a plan and panic when shit does hit the fan.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Make it all go to shit, make money out of it for your Eton mates.

Tories.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The results from my ONS antibodies test arrived a few days ago via email and for the second month in a row I've got no detectable antibodies, my sister had none last month but this month she has detectable antibodies again. Personally this has raised an issue for me as I hit a bump in the road, I came off immunosuppressants about 4 months ago to see how my Crohn's would behave with the hope perhaps I'd get a few years in remission but it seems it is not to be thus I'm going back on immunosuppressants and now I'm trying to get a booster shot sorted.

In other personal news, which I wasn't sure I was going to share, my mother has had cough/breathing issues for many months now and while she was initially given many rounds of steroids and antibiotics because it was thought to be related to either COPD/Asthma that was semi-diagnosed many years they eventually did a x-ray and followed by another 1 month later. The second was concerning enough that they put her on the Cancer pathway which meant she got a CT scan in less than 2 weeks. Today she finally found out the results of the CT scan my mother had about 6 days ago, the consultant didn't sugar coat it and sadly she has Cancer in both lungs with the majority of it in one and they plan further tests to tests such as biopsies and also tests to see what it is exactly and if it has spread to her lymph nodes. Until they do these tests they can't say for what stage and what possibilities there are to combat it such as chemo, radiotherapy, immunosuppressants, etc. it but the consultant was honest and said as it stands at the moment just from the CT scans she has 6 months left.

I bring up the above two stories because there are real side affects to people being careless and downplaying the risks to others, for myself and many others it is a weakened immune system and eventually for my mother to if she goes on something like chemo. The other side effects are the delays in diagnoses, in my mothers case that might of been down to x-rays not being down for so long, but it'll also be the delay to treatments should the hospitals keep getting loaded up further with the combination of the usual winter viruses, covid and the massive backlog in operations.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The results from my ONS antibodies test arrived a few days ago via email and for the second month in a row I've got no detectable antibodies, my sister had none last month but this month she has detectable antibodies again. Personally this has raised an issue for me as I hit a bump in the road, I came off immunosuppressants about 4 months ago to see how my Crohn's would behave with the hope perhaps I'd get a few years in remission but it seems it is not to be thus I'm going back on immunosuppressants and now I'm trying to get a booster shot sorted.

In other personal news, which I wasn't sure I was going to share, my mother has had cough/breathing issues for many months now and while she was initially given many rounds of steroids and antibiotics because it was thought to be related to either COPD/Asthma that was semi-diagnosed many years they eventually did a x-ray and followed by another 1 month later. The second was concerning enough that they put her on the Cancer pathway which meant she got a CT scan in less than 2 weeks. Today she finally found out the results of the CT scan my mother had about 6 days ago, the consultant didn't sugar coat it and sadly she has Cancer in both lungs with the majority of it in one and they plan further tests to tests such as biopsies and also tests to see what it is exactly and if it has spread to her lymph nodes. Until they do these tests they can't say for what stage and what possibilities there are to combat it such as chemo, radiotherapy, immunosuppressants, etc. it but the consultant was honest and said as it stands at the moment just from the CT scans she has 6 months left.

I bring up the above two stories because there are real side affects to people being careless and downplaying the risks to others, for myself and many others it is a weakened immune system and eventually for my mother to if she goes on something like chemo. The other side effects are the delays in diagnoses, in my mothers case that might of been down to x-rays not being down for so long, but it'll also be the delay to treatments should the hospitals keep getting loaded up further with the combination of the usual winter viruses, covid and the massive backlog in operations.
:fluffle:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Sorry to hear that about your mum mate, not much else to say really (I'm no good at this sort of thing!) Be with her as much as you can be.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I had my first jab in Feb (I am not going into my issues) and not heard a peep about a booster. People dropping like flies with it at work. I am simply not going into the office, or the supermarket any more. Very grateful for having that option, but a huge amount of people don't.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I want to put a sad as well as an agree with you there @Embattle - I am so sorry to hear about your mum *fluffles*

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It's infuriating to me that our government has given up trying to stop this virus from spreading further. We're a fucking basket case.

I'd estimate only 10% of people in supermarkets are wearing masks. In shops it's practically zero.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm really sorry to hear that @Embattle. That's horrible. You keep yourself safe too m8. :(

@Tom - one good thing about the Welsh intransigence - it's still mandatory to wear masks everywhere but in pubs.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Sorry to hear this, as you may know, I lost my Mum to cancer in 2007 and it was painful. To also add, I still wear a mask in public despite having 2 jabs and being eligble for a booster.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's infuriating to me that our government has given up trying to stop this virus from spreading further. We're a fucking basket case.

I'd estimate only 10% of people in supermarkets are wearing masks. In shops it's practically zero.
Totally agree with this. Bring back the requirement of wearing masks everywhere FFS. They make a difference. COVID is not going away regardless of vaccines. With Flu immunity dropping and winter coming I can believe that we are in for a fucked up winter season especially the NHS.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Totally agree with this. Bring back the requirement of wearing masks everywhere FFS. They make a difference. COVID is not going away regardless of vaccines. With Flu immunity dropping and winter coming I can believe that we are in for a fucked up winter season especially the NHS.
Speaking as someone who is in hospitals a lot at the moment, the NHS is already fucked.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Speaking as someone who is in hospitals a lot at the moment, the NHS is already fucked.
Yeh I read about your daughter fella. Hope she is on the mend.

The thing is, regardless of Government advice with regards to Covid (which is fucking shit), the people of this country are fucking stupid thinking that jab will save you, it will not. We have to adapt to a new way of life for now and noone seems to have any common sense. I wear a mask when out, I still wash my hands on entering my house, I still keep my distance from people I do not know.

I despair. Unless something happens soon I really think this country is going to have a major fucking issue when it comes to Covid.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
FCNnqEBXoAQip0g

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

It was fucked a couple of years ago when I had a couple of surgeries. I can only imagine what it's like after Covid.

All by design ofc, the Eton chaps will swoop in and save it, no worries.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It was fucked a couple of years ago when I had a couple of surgeries. I can only imagine what it's like after Covid.

All by design ofc, the Eton chaps will swoop in and save it, no worries.
The companies they are shareholders / advisors / on the board of will swoop in to save it at twice the price it would have cost to provide the services in house sure :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
the people of this country are fucking stupid thinking that jab will save you, it will not. We have to adapt to a new way of life for now and noone seems to have any common sense. I wear a mask when out, I still wash my hands on entering my house, I still keep my distance from people I do not know.
Whilst I agree that we should wear masks for now - and, frankly, washing your hands has *always* been a mantra - just now it's obvious why - I think that, largely, jabs do save you.

Deaths/million have come down massively in the vaccinated population. But the vulnerable and elderly are still at risk. However, the unfortunate truth is that this is now the norm. We could have gone, with coordinated global action, for elimination. But now it's endemic.

Most are not willing to change our lives forever in this situation. Frankly - neither am I - and that's speaking as a future old person who's going to be vulnerable to covid. So at some point a return to "normal" has to be a thing.

I think, longer term, we'll be more responsoble when we're ill and infectious.

I'm in full agreement with @Wij. The NHS is already fucked. But that's not covid - that's because, more often than not, the tories are in power in blighty.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts and words, undoubtedly it has been a hard few days and I suspect it won't be easy to deal with in the coming months but then you just have little choice but to deal with it.

I remember well reading about your mother @Deebs and it was rather harrowing although at the time I was glad it wasn't me that had to go through it, I guess we should all remember that it can easily happen to anyone of us or family or friends.

I think the initial diagnoses and the wait for more information and a plan of action has caused her to feel worse which the consultant says is normal, my mum has always been stoic when it comes to carrying on while dealing with pain so the idea of taking it easier is hard to accept and gets her down even more. As an example she struggles not to do what she has always done so when it came to having to keep her foot up because she had a op one foot to fuse some toe bones together she managed a few days before ordering a little contraption with wheels so she could start moving around doing jobs even though she was told not to doing anything for 1-2 weeks, not the first time or the last time she did something like that.

She did have a sharp pain over the weekend and upon talking to he cancer nurse she was told to go to A&E as they wanted her checked for a possible blood clot on her lung which can happen with Lung cancer, this was just as she started doing a little shopping so typically she finished that first unloaded it at home and then went to North Devon District Hospital A&E. Now my mum besides already struggling with the fact of doing less really doesn't like sitting around in hospitals, which was unfortunate because the A&E was packed and the wait time was around 6-7 hours due to the pressure right across the hospital and places like Tiverton's X-ray department being closed. The cancer nurse had contacted A&E about my mum but it seems my mum had to explain the issue repeatedly which naturally is upsetting, she eventually had some blood tests and a ECG and both were fine so no blood clot and no signs of a heart attack. The doctor believes the sharp pain she gets is due to her lung being bigger and pressing against the heart and sometimes getting stuck against it which causes pain.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts and words, undoubtedly it has been a hard few days and I suspect it won't be easy to deal with in the coming months but then you just have little choice but to deal with it.

I remember well reading about your mother @Deebs and it was rather harrowing although at the time I was glad it wasn't me that had to go through it, I guess we should all remember that it can easily happen to anyone of us or family or friends.

I think the initial diagnoses and the wait for more information and a plan of action has caused her to feel worse which the consultant says is normal, my mum has always been stoic when it comes to carrying on while dealing with pain so the idea of taking it easier is hard to accept and gets her down even more. As an example she struggles not to do what she has always done so when it came to having to keep her foot up because she had a op one foot to fuse some toe bones together she managed a few days before ordering a little contraption with wheels so she could start moving around doing jobs even though she was told not to doing anything for 1-2 weeks, not the first time or the last time she did something like that.

She did have a sharp pain over the weekend and upon talking to he cancer nurse she was told to go to A&E as they wanted her checked for a possible blood clot on her lung which can happen with Lung cancer, this was just as she started doing a little shopping so typically she finished that first unloaded it at home and then went to North Devon District Hospital A&E. Now my mum besides already struggling with the fact of doing less really doesn't like sitting around in hospitals, which was unfortunate because the A&E was packed and the wait time was around 6-7 hours due to the pressure right across the hospital and places like Tiverton's X-ray department being closed. The cancer nurse had contacted A&E about my mum but it seems my mum had to explain the issue repeatedly which naturally is upsetting, she eventually had some blood tests and a ECG and both were fine so no blood clot and no signs of a heart attack. The doctor believes the sharp pain she gets is due to her lung being bigger and pressing against the heart and sometimes getting stuck against it which causes pain.
@Embattle if there is anything I can do just drop me a message. One thing I learnt was that I thought I could mentally prepare for the day and let me tell you, you cannot no matter how hard you think you are.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Sorry about your mother Emb. I saw mine the other day, she's fine but age is rapidly taking its toll. She's getting her booster soon.

Meanwhile, my sister and her husband apparently aren't going to bother getting the booster. I still have scars from banging my head against the wall when I heard that.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Someone at work was telling everyone who would listen about not having the booster, they are now in their second week of being off sick from Covid, probably passed it on to their whole department (3 out of the 4 have it now) Potential exit interview coming up.

I get mine in a couple of weeks, I am in lockdown mode now, personally.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'm not going to bother with the booster either tbh, as I see no need. If someone wants to I'm happy for them to crack on, not for me though thanks.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm not going to bother with the booster either tbh, as I see no need. If someone wants to I'm happy for them to crack on, not for me though thanks.

*Collective FH gasp at this*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom