Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
"man suffer from flat tyre" :D

*takes notes*

Edit, Niki Minge is everything wrong with the world, stupid, vacuous fuckwit :(

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Her cousin has massive testicles however.

Gray

FH is my second home
Hmm mum popped by not long ago, one of my brothers who has had Crohn's for about 30+ years has recently had to start dialysis due to (a) kidney failure.

He's been getting hospital transport to one of the big hospitals in Liverpool, sure enough after 1-2 visits he has ended up with covid.

Looks like it has developed more now as he has pneumonia and he's been admitted entirely...

I thought he had the vaccines given his conditions but turns out he hadn't, not down to the fact of being anti-vaxx or anything but as he doesn't feel there's been enough trial or whatever on his conditions.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Angry little nationalist calls in the British Army to help out.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Popped by.

Not popped her clogs.
Phew. Sorry - misread that. :)

I'd just gotten off a call with (yet another) engineer in India who had lost a family member, so it must have been on my mind.

Still. Hope your bro is OK.

Gray

FH is my second home
Indeed. He's had all sorts of infections over the years but it seems he hasn't been out at all since the lockdowns happened.

He battles on all the time mind

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
If you make the (incorrect) claim that Brexit allowed you to vaccinate more successfully than the bureaucratic EU, as the Tories did, you can't complain when it gets thrown back in your face as the EU blasts past you.

As much as I have the Brexit BS.

It certainly allowed the UK to get the ball rolling faster, 3 months earlier to sign contracts etc.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
As much as I have the Brexit BS.

It certainly allowed the UK to get the ball rolling faster, 3 months earlier to sign contracts etc.

No, it didn't, because the UK could have done that anyway. The EU procurement wasn't mandatory.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Going to agree with that, despite how much the EU bigged it up before it fell apart, then clung on to it into the grave. Then tried to use it as a weapon, then faceplanted.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Going to agree with that, despite how much the EU bigged it up before it fell apart, then clung on to it into the grave. Then tried to use it as a weapon, then faceplanted.

Would be interesting to compare final bills though.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
No, it didn't, because the UK could have done that anyway. The EU procurement wasn't mandatory.
Theoretically. but would we have been cajoled to following ther est as cheaper bulk buying ? You cant say for def that we would have opted out. All you can say is there was no decision to make because of brexit so made it easier and faster to act because of that.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Theoretically. but would we have been cajoled to following ther est as cheaper bulk buying ? You cant say for def that we would have opted out. All you can say is there was no decision to make because of brexit so made it easier and faster to act because of that.
Rubbish. They said we could take part in their scheme if we wished even after Brexit. It made no difference.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Would be interesting to compare final bills though.

As far as I know, the EU were playing silly buggers on prices, which is why it was drawn out for so long. We just threw money at it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

If Britain had still been in the EU, the group purchase thing would never have happened. I've said it on here before, Britain was a good moderating influence for the EU and the EU was useful to stop many of the UK's baser impulses (especially when it comes to their own people). The British would have said "we have world class health procurement systems across most EU countries, why in God's name would we leave this to people who'd never procured a health product in their lives?" And that would have been the end of it.

The British and the EU have both lost because of Brexit; its diminished both sides.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You've conveniently chosen to not remember the EU vaccination scheme and how the UK opted out without any "cajoling". They went to great lengths to make up some cock and bull story about not being invited to join, though.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You've conveniently chosen to not remember the EU vaccination scheme and how the UK opted out without any "cajoling". They went to great lengths to make up some cock and bull story about not being invited to join, though.
Vaccination = ventilator

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

I seem to remember EU (Urulsa) insisting EU members let the EU take control and order the vaccines. As she and her team later put it (justified it) to get the best deal. So whilst factually correct it isn't really how it played out. It was only when things started to go badly that countries started to order themselves from China etc.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I seem to remember EU (Urulsa) insisting EU members let the EU take control and order the vaccines. As she and her team later put it (justified it) to get the best deal. So whilst factually correct it isn't really how it played out. It was only when things started to go badly that countries started to order themselves from China etc.
Doesn't matter who did what when. They could all do their own thing whenever they wanted if they chose to.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Doesn't matter who did what when. They could all do their own thing whenever they wanted if they chose to.
Which every country in the eu played along. Whats to say the uk wouldnt have as well.

just because we did different. Doesnt mean we would have done different if we were stillin the eu.

it could have been the sa,e as what happened or it quite easily couldnt have been.

what you are arguing is one side of the possibilities. Without taking considerstion that the other is eqaully as likely to have happened.

how ever we would have been under a delay of telling the eu we were not going to do it. So might have been 1 or two weeks. But at that rate could have been 14000 lives. Again a gross speculation. But really you arguing about what happened 18 months ago is pointless.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Most EU countries ended up doing their own thing - early on Sweden drank the Pfizer and Moderna cool aid (less of the latter) and were ordering their own. As already mentioned above some Euro countries purchased the Russian solution. What is clear is that any gain that that the UK made early in the vaccine race race is gone as they sit top middle of the European pack … Sweden have started planning boosters for the old and vulnerable that will start soon although some regions have already begun…
Sweden also communicated a realistic timeframe - I expected at the start of the year to have my jabs somewhere between midsummer and September- I had my final jab the day before midsummer and my husband who is in a very different age group was finished end of August…

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Which every country in the eu played along. Whats to say the uk wouldnt have as well.

just because we did different. Doesnt mean we would have done different if we were stillin the eu.
The ventilator scheme gives a perfect example of the UK "still being in the EU" and still doing their own thing. The UK was invited to be part of the EU scheme and could easily have taken part. Their first given reason for not being part of it was that the UK was "no longer a member", they just wanted to make a "Brexit means Brexit" stand. Then they quickly changed tack when the criticism started pouring in (sounds familiar with this government) and changed their story to pretending they hadn't received an email from the EU or some such nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom