Politics Coronavirus

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I agree - but gotta start somewhere m8. And in this economy the poor get shit on.

If we started charging $1000 per person per flight just in environmental taxes the rich would maybe think about it - and it'd fund all sorts of stuff. But it would shit on the poor.

But in the end - we all need to travel less by air and that includes the poor too.

Reform capitalism if you don't want cash to be the arbiter of outcome. Until then, that's what we've got.
Already said capitalism doesnt really work for most :(

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So..my concern shows its head.

Carry on testing after covid even for the common cold just in case, we begin our descent into existential dread of being alive.

Space station Elysium it is then.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So..my concern shows its head.

Carry on testing after covid even for the common cold just in case, we begin our descent into existential dread of being alive.

Space station Elysium it is then.

Wooo wooo wooo

That's my bollocks alert.

Job

Why cant we have humour like this on our mainstream channels, it just has to be endless woke...endless bash conservatism...endless the official message is god, is it that fragile that we are not allowed the slightest dig?
This cancelling of any opposing voice , no matter how satirical ,is just fuelling the distrust.

View: https://streamable.com/lb7xi2

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Why cant we have humour like this on our mainstream channels, it just has to be endless woke...endless bash conservatism...endless the official message is god, is it that fragile that we are not allowed the slightest dig?
This cancelling of any opposing voice , no matter how satirical ,is just fuelling the distrust.

View: https://streamable.com/lb7xi2

Because its not particularly funny?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's funny, I was in a conversation with a guy on discord who named him self 'The Civic Nationalist' who was telling me that Sacha Baron Cohen is the worst human being alive (because of Borat 2) and comedians that pick on other people are not funny.

I asked him to list some funny comedians and it included Monty Python and Andrew Schulz (A comedian that basically rips into *anything*)

It's sad that people don't find humour funny purely down to politics.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thanks for reminding me why we cant have it.
It won't hit the mainstream because only a very tiny subset of people would even smile at it m8.

I liked about 5% of his liberal one - but it was so poorly written and thought through that you'd hope if someone was going to have a pop they'd write it a billion times better.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's the same guy from the video about Democrats that @Job described as "comedy about the radical left" or some such nonsense.

Job

Its not about it being funny, its how strange it is to hear, we can only watch amateurs having a go because they dont have careers to lose.
It used to be admired when george carlin ripped the establishment a new one and now the political left have bought into the ultra progressive left and made them the mainstream and gained protection from scrutiny under their umbrella.

View: https://youtu.be/KVJI3HHsWyg

We need right wing comedy to release the pressure and I guarantee you the hard right would evaporate overnight.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its not about it being funny, its how strange it is to hear, we can only watch amateurs having a go because they dont have careers to lose.
They're having a shit go @Job. He's neither particularly funny nor particularly clever.

If he took his shit to a comedy store, they wouldn't re-book him.

It used to be admired when george carlin ripped the establishment a new one
And he was clever, articulate, and fucking funny. You learned a bit about your world when you watched him because he made you see it in a different way.

Your guy doesn't fill any of those roles.

We need right wing comedy to release the pressure and I guarantee you the hard right would evaporate overnight.
I don't give a shit if my comedy is left or right leaning - it needs to be FUNNY.

If right-wing comedy was funny then nobody would give a shit - they'd watch it, laugh at it and comedians would write it.

Turns out right wing comedy isn't funny and nobody likes it.

Nobody is stopping you Job. Nobody is stopping any right-wing comedian. The only thing stopping them is that their material is wank.

Job

No one is stopping them.

Now thats funny.

Job

They're having a shit go @Job. He's neither particularly funny nor particularly clever.

If he took his shit to a comedy store, they wouldn't re-book him.

And he was clever, articulate, and fucking funny. You learned a bit about your world when you watched him because he made you see it in a different way.

Your guy doesn't fill any of those roles.

I don't give a shit if my comedy is left or right leaning - it needs to be FUNNY.

If right-wing comedy was funny then nobody would give a shit - they'd watch it, laugh at it and comedians would write it.

Turns out right wing comedy isn't funny and nobody likes it.

Nobody is stopping you Job. Nobody is stopping any right-wing comedian. The only thing stopping them is that their material is wank.
Carlin was a liberal , left wing comedian, and now he would be considered right wing for his 'conspiracy' thoughts about government.
The two sides have completely flipped, right wingers call out the establishment and comedy like Carlins is now considered dangerous and subversive.
Control, obedience and conformity are now postives for the left.
I guess this is nothing new, I'm just pointing out which side you have all chosen on here

Job

Good that it is being scrutinized, lets hope theres no more health minister neighbors working on it or it might get rubber stamped
Just read that, all of this will come out in the massive 2021 backlash and autopsy.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Carlin was a liberal , left wing comedian, and now he would be considered right wing for his 'conspiracy' thoughts about government.
The two sides have completely flipped, right wingers call out the establishment and comedy like Carlins is now considered dangerous and subversive.
Control, obedience and conformity are now postives for the left.
I guess this is nothing new, I'm just pointing out which side you have all chosen on here

You're missing the point mate.

He's not funny.

Has nothing to do with his politics.

Nothing.

For the record, I don't find lots of obviously left-wing comedians funny, such as Nish Kumar, because I don't find political attacks dressed up as satire funny, the satire comes first, unfortunately most 'right wing' comedy consists of political attacks dressed up as satire.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's not how left and right wing is defined Job.

All you've shown with that post is that you don't understand the difference between the left and right.

I think you should ditch your obsession with left and right anyway - it's a woefully inadequate way to talk about the world. People simply do not fit a left and right model.

That goes for everyone really - if we base our thinking on that model then our launch pad for thinking is less stable than a spacex boat in a bad squall.

Problem is left and right is easy. Easy but largely wrong.

Job

Another 'you dont get it post'.

Discussions on here go like this.
Job...the ship sank.

Scouse...you dont get it do you job, there are various states of non floating and sunk is an absolute term which may not apply in this situation ,which you would understand if you listened at school.

Dys...more drivel from the ship racist.

Gwad...is he still going on about ships

Jup...prove it.

Deebs..I wish I was on that ship.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You don't. Quite palpably.

Also, you're oversimplifying what I said - just like your desire to simplify the world into left and right.

I get it. You like simple.

Simple is wrong m8.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Discussions on here go like this.
Job...the ship sank.

Scouse...you dont get it do you job, there are various states of non floating and sunk is an absolute term which may not apply in this situation ,which you would understand if you listened at school.

Dys...more drivel from the ship racist.

Gwad...is he still going on about ships

Jup...prove it.

Deebs..I wish I was on that ship.
This might actually be true! Oh happy days!

But that doesn't mean you get it (and the ship probably didn't sink - I bet it was just listing to starboard slightly). :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
To Job (and a lot of people unfortunately) left = giving everything away, letting anything happen, taking your shit away. The right = fighting the good fight vs some unknown ogre that is out to get you, usually the poorly pigeon holed 'Left'

Over simplified bollocks.

As I have got older I guess I lean towards the left but I still firmly believe in personal responsibility and self sufficiency, coupled with compassion for others. Governments should fuck off and stop meddling, which I guess would label me kind of libertarian but I'm certainly not right wing, or at least don't think I am.

The trouble is, everything is so polarised, if you don't agree 100% with someone then you are the enemy, and that's from both the 'right' and the 'left'

Job isn't a mong because of his beliefs, he is a mong because he is incapable of backing his beliefs up with actual facts. He gets his beliefs from others, whatever is written down on some random website by someone married to their cousin in America.

Last edited:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This might actually be true! Oh happy days!

But that doesn't mean you get it (and the ship probably didn't sink - I bet it was just listing to starboard slightly). :)

... probably the weight of @Deebs ' nose.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I dunno, he's at a distinct advantage with the chance of being passed off as a child.
Fuck forgot about that, but he would look like an odd looking child with massively oversized feet for his height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom