Politics Coronavirus

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Covid is not "normal". Flu deaths - 50,000? Horrible, yes, but normal. That's why we don't get our knickers in a twist about it.

So you stated that is about perception while ridiculing me for saying its about perception.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The whole situation is annoying, it isn't as if it is hard to dispose of rubbish properly.
Money.

Most large-scale fly tippers are professionals who've done a job round someone's house and don't want to pay the fees to dispose of it properly (they get charged at the tip).

As soon as we started charging people at tips again for certain items fly tipping started to rise again. It was why we made tips free in the first place :rolleyes:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So you stated that is about perception while ridiculing me for saying its about perception.
Dude. It's not about perception and I didn't say it's about perception - I was talking about context.

Words m8. Words.. And your post looks like the ravings of a madman - as @Jupitus pointed out:
Yes what has done what???? Are you replying to an earlier comment? If so, fucking quote it... otherwise this looks like just some random rambling...

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So do you old bean, pursuing a sensible response where there is none to be had.

Can we make that whole New World Order thing about not putting effort into the pointless?

How about some more posts about your new digs instead?

Have to say you are right, @MYstIC G - I get frustrated at @Job as you know, but I try to only intervene when necessary (or when pissed and venting my own views - hey, I'm allowed) .... but overall I think lockdown has turned some people a bit inward or awkward?. Fuck, I don't know what it is but certainly we ALL need to look at ourselves aswell, me included.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Have to say you are right, @MYstIC G - I get frustrated at @Job as you know, but I try to only intervene when necessary (or when pissed and venting my own views - hey, I'm allowed) .... but overall I think lockdown has turned some people a bit inward or awkward?. Fuck, I don't know what it is but certainly we ALL need to look at ourselves aswell, me included.
100% amigo. I'm totally with you on this one. I just find it hard to watch from the sidelines but I guess what I'm doing is the equivalent of telling everyone not to scratch when they're being covered in itching powder.

Job

Yes, I never said it was the flu, the deaths are mysterious I guess.

Its all about the numbers and our relationship with death

Job

I did read that while searching for flu deaths, thats why I didnt mention the flu, it also begs the question how much of covid deaths are exaggerated.

It will all come out in the wash eventually and it wont be pretty.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes, I never said it was the flu, the deaths are mysterious I guess.

Its all about the numbers and our relationship with death

You're still trying to prove that we have nothing to worry about Covid....just give it up.
You can see what happens when we relax the rules and the steady steep climb in hospital admissions and deaths.

We get it. Other things kill people. But this is a pandemic we are dealing with that we are fighting now.
It's of no help pointing out deaths in 2017 ffs

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Got a bit of time whilst I'm waiting for the missus to get back home. I'm quite stubborn, so I figured I might at least try - otherwise what's the point of having him about? :)

But yeah.

OK. How about this:

Practically my back garden:

Actually my back garden:

:)
fucking jealous right now. cunt.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
fucking jealous right now. cunt.
Lots of southeners hitting fuck it and moving here. Creating a bit of tension as I understand it. Was speaking to a teacher a few years back who sold up in north east london and bought a pub and 20-bed bunkhouse for £180k in a place called Penmachno.

I get a pass with the Welsh speaking locals because a) it's not a holiday home and b) I was born only 25 miles or so away as the crow flies and let that be known at the earliest opportunity (that information *flew* around the village).

It also helped that I threw Tam under the "sorry, but she's a fucking brummie" bus, which got a laugh.

:)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Interesting fact. A hundred or so years ago Liverpool was being considered as de facto capital of Wales instead of Cardiff.

I think we missed a trick there tbh. :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
They fit into recent events in a context - and the context is that we've locked down our entire country and STILL have 60,000 deaths. That's not just me "drawing my own conclusion" (though it is) - it's self-evident. And just because the media draw the same conclusion doesn't make it conspiracy. It's just because the sky IS blue.

Covid is not "normal". Flu deaths - 50,000? Horrible, yes, but normal. That's why we don't get our knickers in a twist about it.

Covid deaths - 60,000 with a national and global lockdown to reduce that death. About as far from normal as you can get.

Why you get banned (repeatedly) and the whole world is against you is because this has been pointed out, by pretty much everyone, multiple times. Yet you still don't get it.

So - my post above was serious @Job. You're either trolling or having a breakdown of some sort. Your online persona is so far disconnected from actual reality that I can't seriously discount that you're having a serious mental problem.

If that is the case then please take that post for what it was - genuine advice.

Massively disingenuous to compare Pandemic COVID to an endemic flu however. Pandemic Flu vs Pandemic COVID, and the numbers are slap bang in the same ball park, probably even higher considering population growth since they occured.

For eg:
1968 H3N2 Pandemic - 1 million deaths worldwide
1959 H2N2 - again, 1 million deaths worldwide
1918 H1N1 - 50 million deaths worldwide
2009 H1N1 - 500k deaths (no doubt due to existing immunity)
1889 Russian Flu Pandemic - 1 million deaths

The last one is the interesting one for me, simply as recent research suggests that it wasn't actually the flu, but a Coronavirus called OC43 - aka the common cold.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Massively disingenuous to compare Pandemic COVID to an endemic flu
Yes it is, isn't it. As people have been saying all along - and I pointed out in the post you quoted.

But funnily enough, people keep bringing up the flu...

Bodhi

Yes it is, isn't it. As people have been saying all along - and I pointed out in the post you quoted.

But funnily enough, people keep bringing up the flu...

I know. Bit silly, when COVID is closer to a bad cold :p

Job

You're still trying to prove that we have nothing to worry about Covid....just give it up.
You can see what happens when we relax the rules and the steady steep climb in hospital admissions and deaths.

We get it. Other things kill people. But this is a pandemic we are dealing with that we are fighting now.
It's of no help pointing out deaths in 2017 ffs
Im not trying to help, its just a reminder how powerful the press is in shaping our attention ratio.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Im not trying to help, its just a reminder how powerful the press is in shaping our attention ratio.
You're trolling.

Please explain to us why the press is pointing at the wrong thing in Covid.

Job

Im referring to them barely mentioning 60 thousand extra people dying in 2017, so no one gave a fuck.

But now 60 thousand people dying, regardless of its potential to be much worse...is an horrific tragedy and all involved have blood on their hands.

Would you have much faith in a scientist who went to investigate penguin deaths and was only interested in the ones who died of the latest trending illness.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
That is with lockdown, you utter mong. (sorry)

It would be thousands of times worse if we did fuck all.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
regardless of its potential to be much worse

Why do you consistently disregard this very important piece of context?

Pretty much every forumite has pulled you up on context and it's importance. You've probably been pulled up on this exact point of context maybe fifty times over the past year (maybe many times more). Yet you still wilfully disregard it.

If you give this piece of context it's proper place then it's impossible to rationally hold the views you hold. So your wilful dispensing with this context can only be a religious objection - a self-enforced blindness because you want to see the world a specific way, rather than how it actually is.

Why do you want to see the world that way @Job? It's so strange.

Bodhi

That is with lockdown, you utter mong. (sorry)

It would be thousands of times worse if we did fuck all.

Stringency of the measures settled to fight pandemia, including lockdown, did not appear to be linked with death rate.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's not about death rate now @Bodhi - it's about absolute figures.

Why do you consistently pick the wrong measure?

Job

Pretty much every forumite has pulled you up on context and it's importance. You've probably been pulled up on this exact point of context maybe fifty times over the past year (maybe many times more). Yet you still wilfully disregard it.

If you give this piece of context it's proper place then it's impossible to rationally hold the views you hold. So your wilful dispensing with this context can only be a religious objection - a self-enforced blindness because you want to see the world a specific way, rather than how it actually is.

Because..Im not referring to deaths, our perception of the importance, danger, irrelevence or impending doom of any event, ongoing or sudden is entirely dependent on how the press frames it to us.

Is this healthy, do we need an absolute, do we need information that we pay for and the more we look the more they get paid and the more power they obtain; this is THE most important thing, the media can and does strike fear or dismiss some of the most important things facing humanity.
We see them as two sides to the argument, but they have spent decades signing up opposing camps to guarantee income, the mail is rolling in cash, the guard is broke so its digging even deeper into its entrenched viewpoint while the mail scoots from one to the other on an apparent whim.
ITV news is practically the national enquirer on tv, the bbc is playing woke safe, so half the country wants a right wing channel.

Is there anyone who can just report the facts, the news we watch is the highlights reel and you can edit any event to tell any story you want and that is what they do and we spend all our days arguing it out.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
<SNIP> so half the country wants a right wing channel.

Want to evidence that? I'll be getting back to the 'lack of sources' warnings again soon... and yes, warnings get you inconvenience...

Job

Im basing that on a landslide of conservatism we just experienced in the last election.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because..Im not referring to deaths,

Yes. Yes you are. This is exactly what you posted that we're referring to:

Yes it has, I mean so soon after 2017 where 50 thousand extra people died in 2017 in just the winter.
Luckily 2018 was only 10 thousand in the first few weeks....
which you followed with:
Im referring to them barely mentioning 60 thousand extra people dying in 2017, so no one gave a fuck.

But now 60 thousand people dying, regardless of its potential to be much worse...is an horrific tragedy and all involved have blood on their hands.
and followed with:
I did read that while searching for flu deaths, thats why I didnt mention the flu, it also begs the question how much of covid deaths are exaggerated.

It will all come out in the wash eventually and it wont be pretty.

You're explicitly and repeatedly comparing covid deaths to flu deaths.

You're being threatened with yet another ban for your bullshit. So why not try something different? - answer the question instead of writing more self-contradictory half-thought-through diatribe.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Im basing that on a landslide of conservatism we just experienced in the last election.

Well... that looks like a 'no' to me....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom