Politics Coronavirus

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I know one person directly (and he's suffered badly from long covid). But Tam knows someone who lost a couple of family members.

In work I know of five or six people who've had it bad or lost family to it :(

Thankfully direct family has either not had it or was asymptomatic.

Really don't want it for the taste thing and long covid risks alone, never mind risk of death.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
My smell is still a bit weird after having the Rona nearly a year ago! Onions smell absolutely awful to me now, and other things that smell bad (like when I go for a shite) now just smell like onions. So weird. Your other symptoms sound a lot like mine as well. Started off with a headache for a few days (tension type headache, was ok of I sat still, agony if I moved my head), then feverish for a couple of days, but it was never that bad, then smell and taste gone for a week. Get well soon!

Even weirder, my sense of smell and taste has actually come back stronger than it was before I had it. That might be the fact I finally moved on Marlboro Red to Gold, and cut down from like 15 a day to 5, but it's good to taste again.

I had it back in December 2019 when a Coronavirus was still just a common cold. Apparently it made it to Northern Europe in November, and I spent a week in Amsterdam before getting ill, but still no idea where I got it from - as back then I didn't really pay attention to anyone who was ill....could have been from the training, the airport hotel or my trip to a coffee shop or two, who knows. All I do know is that the Monday after I got back I started feeling rough - normally if it's the usual bug I sort of muddle through - but a couple of hours later I was in bed and didn't get out for a couple of days. Felt like a stinker of a hangover intially, then the sweats and head cold started. Slight cough and wheeziness but nothing too major, just an unpleasant few days all round.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
A few people from work got it, in the same office but none of my friends or family have had it, or well, none have had it and shown symptoms. I was really ill in Feb, more ill than I have ever been in my life "from a chest cold" which is what I thought it was at the time. Lots of coughing, headaches, partial loss of taste. Lasted about 2 weeks but without a test, which is probably too late now anyway, I don't know if it was Covid.

I only ended up having a couple of days on the sick from it.

Bodhi

When I signed up for the ZOE app I indicated on the questionnaire that I thought I'd already had it, hoping I'd get sent for an antibody test, didn't hear anything sadly. I'm pretty certain I have them, as have been out and about doing the hunter gatherer thing all the way through this, and spent most of summer in the pub and nothing - not even a cold.

Damn the immune system is an incredible thing.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Even weirder, my sense of smell and taste has actually come back stronger than it was before I had it. That might be the fact I finally moved on Marlboro Red to Gold, and cut down from like 15 a day to 5, but it's good to taste again.

I had it back in December 2019 when a Coronavirus was still just a common cold. Apparently it made it to Northern Europe in November, and I spent a week in Amsterdam before getting ill, but still no idea where I got it from - as back then I didn't really pay attention to anyone who was ill....could have been from the training, the airport hotel or my trip to a coffee shop or two, who knows. All I do know is that the Monday after I got back I started feeling rough - normally if it's the usual bug I sort of muddle through - but a couple of hours later I was in bed and didn't get out for a couple of days. Felt like a stinker of a hangover intially, then the sweats and head cold started. Slight cough and wheeziness but nothing too major, just an unpleasant few days all round.
My nan thinks she had it late November/Early December as well. She went into hospital with a bad ankle after a fall and ended up on a ventilator and eventually life support.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

And you know this was 'rona how?

Bodhi

And you know this was 'rona how?

Because I spent a week in an area we now know it was already circulating, and symptoms and incubation period matched COVID exactly. Spoke to a couple of doctors in the family at the time who mentioned there was a very strange respiratory bug going around at the time, then spoke to my GP in June and he was 99% certain it was COVID as all the symptoms matched up exactly.

Also managed to pass it on to 4 or 5 people (oops) which I've never done with any sort of bug before.

tl:dr it walked like a duck, and quacked like a duck, so I - and the medical staff I have discussed this with - can only reach the conclusion it was a duck.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Because I spent a week in an area we now know it was already circulating, and symptoms and incubation period matched COVID exactly. Spoke to a couple of doctors in the family at the time who mentioned there was a very strange respiratory bug going around at the time, then spoke to my GP in June and he was 99% certain it was COVID as all the symptoms matched up exactly.

Also managed to pass it on to 4 or 5 people (oops) which I've never done with any sort of bug before.

tl:dr it walked like a duck, and quacked like a duck, so I - and the medical staff I have discussed this with - can only reach the conclusion it was a duck.
More likely antifa tbh

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

So you suspect and there's a high likelihood.

Which is fine. But you don't know. (Which is clear - you can't without an actual test).

Bodhi

So you suspect and there's a high likelihood.

Which is fine. But you don't know. (Which is clear - you can't without an actual test).

Yeah COVID tests were quite hard to come by in December 2019, however if I have a choice between listening to the medical professionals I have discussed it with, or some random IT Contractor off the internet, I'll probably go with the medics - call me old fashioned and all.

So, in summary, it was COVID. This is also why I haven't had it again, despite coming into contact with it several times.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Covid ultimately has so many symptoms that other viruses can give you that without a test you'll never know.

Last edited:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yeah COVID tests were quite hard to come by in December 2019, however if I have a choice between listening to the medical professionals I have discussed it with, or some random IT Contractor off the internet, I'll probably go with the medics - call me old fashioned and all.

So, in summary, it was COVID. This is also why I haven't had it again, despite coming into contact with it several times.

Same with me. No way to know I definitely had it as you couldn't get a test in March, but I got ill a few days after seeing my MiL who is a Nurse and did test positive, and said I had exactly the same symptoms. Looks, like, sounds like etc.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Responsibility for self isn't a big thing, unfortunately.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
I don't know anyone who has caught it.

I know quite a few that have had it, one that’s died from it (according to the legal definition) and a few that currently have it. One of which was a nurse administering the vaccine.
Luckily none whom we have associated with for ages.

which is insane given that the wife has spent a lot of time in COVID ITU, I guess it could simply down to the serious infection control they do there, the filter air system etc

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This probably isn't worth arguing about.
Actually, I disagree.

Bodhi has said he's "come into contact with [covid] several times".

Has anyone else on this forum done that? @Deebs, @dysfunction? Are you guys acting in a manner that means you know you've been exposed to covid multiple times?

Is @Bodhi's belief that he's immune to covid giving rise to a pattern of behaviour that A) puts him in harms way and B) potentially turns him into a super spreader?

How about this @Bodhi. Did you, and the people you live with, lock down in full self-isolation each time you were exposed to covid and take all the precautions that the law requires you to do? Or did your belief that you've had it/are immune (and that it's no worse than flu) mean that you kept on truckin'?

So yep. I think this is worth arguing about.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Actually, I disagree.

Has anyone else on this forum done that? @Deebs, @dysfunction? Are you guys acting in a manner that means you know you've been exposed to covid multiple times?

Is @Bodhi's belief that he's immune to covid giving rise to a pattern of behaviour that A) puts him in harms way and B) potentially turns him into a super spreader?

How about this @Bodhi. Did you, and the people you live with, lock down in full self-isolation each time you were exposed to covid and take all the precautions that the law requires you to do? Or did your belief that you've had it/are immune (and that it's no worse than flu) mean that you kept on truckin'?

You were arguing about if he had caught covid or not which is a non argument really. Not if he has been exposed multi times.
Tangent anyone?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You were arguing about if he had caught covid or not which is a non argument really. Not if he has been exposed multi times.
Tangent anyone?
It was the start of a thread - expanded above. But yeah, I can see why you thought that.

But now you know why I was harping on about belief, rather than evidence. And it changes the complexion a little, no?

Bodhi has been laisses faire about covid since minute one. I think every bit of his attitude is worthy of proper questioning. Especially given what he said above.

I was just winding up for an argument ;)

Bodhi

Actually, I disagree.

Sorry to deflate your bubble, however the word "potential" was missing from that statement. This year I've been out and about as much as the various silly rules will apply, and net illnesses come to a slight cold after a trip to the dentist. I've even gone for drinks with people who work in hospitals, nothing.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Actually, I disagree.

What a twat.

Have I been exposed? Most probably as I live in the 4th most infectious place in England in the last 4 weeks. Your point other than being an argumentative cunt?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh and to add I have a new grand daughter who was born in December who I have not seen in the flesh yet to do me following the rules.

Seriously fuck off @Scouse and not bring me into your discussions.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am fucking fuming. I've not seen my children since March 2020 as I decided they needed their mother in their support bubbles more than me, that meant I cut them off from me. When the UK relaxed the rules I stuck by my beliefs that I could be carrying the virus and would not expose them. Christmas Day was spent alone. My new grand daughter was born and spent 2 weeks in ICU. My grandchildren have not seen me since March 2020 due to my instinct to protect them. I have not seen my new beautiful granddaughter as I put their safety before my desires.

Yet you @Scouse want to bring me into a fucking petty argument about whether @Bodhi has had Covid. Who gives a fuck?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What a twat.
Woah, backpeddle. You've taken it the wrong way @Deebs old bean.

I was drawing attention to Bodhi's behaviour, not yours. - you and @dysfunction had agreed @Wij's post that it "wasn't worth arguing about" (which is why I picked on on you two - you'd expressed an opinion - I was challenging it).

When I brought you in it was this:
You may well have been exposed - we all may have. But not knowingly and multiple times. I know you're looking after yourself and haven't seen your granddaughter - which was the whole point!

What the hell is @Bodhi doing to be knowingly exposed to Covid multiple times?
Does he think his believed-in (not known) immunity means he can't spread it?
Has he been isolating, as the law requires, each time he's been knowingly exposed - or has he risked spreading it because he thinks it's the fucking flu.

That is why I kicked off about whether he knew or just suspected he had covid . Because it naturally leads to the above questions - and everyone else on the forum (apart from Job) has been doing the right thing.

It was worth arguing about.

Bodhi

Woah, backpeddle. You've taken it the wrong way @Deebs old bean.

I was drawing attention to Bodhi's behaviour, not yours. - you and @dysfunction had agreed @Wij's post that it "wasn't worth arguing about" (which is why I picked on on you two - you'd expressed an opinion - I was challenging it).

When I brought you in it was this:

You may well have been exposed - we all may have. But not knowingly and multiple times. I know you're looking after yourself and haven't seen your granddaughter - which was the whole point!

What the hell is @Bodhi doing to be knowingly exposed to Covid multiple times?
Does he think his believed-in (not known) immunity means he can't spread it?
Has he been isolating, as the law requires, each time he's been knowingly exposed - or has he risked spreading it because he thinks it's the fucking flu.

That is why I kicked off about whether he knew or just suspected he had covid . Because it naturally leads to the above questions - and everyone else on the forum (apart from Job) has been doing the right thing.

It was worth arguing about.

When going to the pub was possible I left my (correct) details each time, total contacts from Track and Trace was zero, and no one Ive been in close contact with has tested positive to my knowledge. So in line with the law, I have not isolated at any point.

Hope that clears up any confusion. Not sure why you're bringing other people into your petty hair splitting. Seems a bit off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom