Politics Coronavirus

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So they are scrapping Public Health England and creating a new agency:

Led by the track & trace people?

Because they have a good track record.

I wonder if it's to do with having a public health body who's science agrees with the Government.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see SAGE get rebranded with some snazzy new name either (because, apart from a couple of minor operational tweaks and a slight change of scope, that's all this is). Then the totally transparent and open Tories will turn around and say "look we fixed everything that was wrong, no need for an inquiry, it's not in the public interest lol".

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Ormorof

FH is my second home
They should read up on nudge theory, making things mandatory (even for good intentions) has a tendency to backfire

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They should read up on nudge theory, making things mandatory (even for good intentions) has a tendency to backfire
The scientific community is absolutely against mandatory vaccination as voluntary trust and cooperation is critical. Mandates destroy this.

I see special-needs @Embattle has "funnied" another serious post.

He's really like a shit version of @Job - he's opposed to stuff but can't even articulate his disagreement in an incoherent swivell-eyed loon stylee. At least Job has that going for him.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
The scientific community is absolutely against mandatory vaccination as voluntary trust and cooperation is critical. Mandates destroy this.

He's really like a shit version of @Job - he's opposed to stuff but can't even articulate his disagreement in an incoherent swivell-eyed loon stylee. At least Job has that going for him.

I agree, hence the nudge theory comment :)

making something mandatory uses up a lot of social capital and if it goes wrong massively damages trust in govt

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Morrison has clarified/backtracked...

“It is not going to be compulsory to have the vaccine, OK? It’s not compulsory. There are no compulsory vaccines in Australia,” he told Sydney radio station 2GB.
"There will be a lot of encouragement and measures to get as high a rate of acceptance as usual,” he added.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well my mums partner has just tested postive again 25 days after first pos test with no symptoms.
He had a mini heart attack yesterday and Im thinking it could be a covid complication.
The hospital thinks not as no fever means no problems to them.
He is 86, so its not that surprising, but Im reading they are thinking that the test can come back positive long after you have shed live virus.

Embattle

FH is my second home

No it is funny because in one post you sound like Job and his imaginary friends list and the other you sound like Trump.

Gwadien

Well my mums partner has just tested postive again 25 days after first pos test with no symptoms.
He had a mini heart attack yesterday and Im thinking it could be a covid complication.
He is 86, so its not that surprising, but Im reading they are thinking that the test can come back positive long after you have shed live virus.

I didn't think you thought it was real?

Job

Its very real if youre over 80.
So is the flu..cancer...strokes.

Gwadien

Its very real if youre over 80.
So is the flu..cancer...strokes.

I see, so you're saying that we're all over reacting unless it's a close relative of yours then it's not over reacting.

Gwadien

Oh and saying its over exaggerated but still getting pissed when non white people break lockdown rules :D

Job

I havent said any of that.
Ive said its the same as a bad flu season.

I support social distancing, its pure fact thats how it spreads.

Oldham and blackburn on the blacklist again, no surprise whatsoever.

Gwadien

LOL OK m8.

Job

I know you fill a lot of gaps in for yourself.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

It took 100 days for the first 100k deaths. A few days ago the last 100k deaths took 17 days.

so every 2 weeks 100k are dying of it at the moment. And its increasing.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
And your'e completely wrong about that. Over and over again.

Sad thing he isn't - flu seasons of 1999 and 2015 both had comparable death rates to COVID.

Probably worse actually, considering there was no lockdown. A lockdown which killed 2 people for every 3 that succumbed to COVID:

Flu and Pneumonia are also killing more people now in the UK - sorry for Wail link, but all backed up by the ONS:

COVID isn't flu, as it is a completely different type of virus - however it's effect on mortality isn't that different, COVID just kills more old people.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Sad thing he isn't - flu seasons of 1999 and 2015 both had comparable death rates to COVID.

Probably worse actually, considering there was no lockdown. A lockdown which killed 2 people for every 3 that succumbed to COVID:

Flu and Pneumonia are also killing more people now in the UK - sorry for Wail link, but all backed up by the ONS:

COVID isn't flu, as it is a completely different type of virus - however it's effect on mortality isn't that different, COVID just kills more old people.
Old and at risk people - this is clear from Sweden where there is no lockdown. Facts still remain however that majority of deaths have occured in 70+ group. What I really think you choose to forget is population density and state of a countries health service which means that th results in countries like UK / US / NL / BE / FR / SP / IT the lockdown was necessary to prevent even more deaths that they have had - there are still missing deaths also that are unaccounted for in countries numbers - at the end of July there was 162k addtional deaths world wide - the countries mentioned are all high on list by the way (New York Times).

1597854616730.png

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sorry to hear that dude. :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No it is funny because in one post you sound like Job and his imaginary friends list and the other you sound like Trump.
Still no real explanation I see.

My (25 year old) degree was environmentally related so it's hardly surprising that I'd now know people in senior positions in environmental fields of government and business is it?

So have a big "fuck you" for implying I ever make shit up to win arguments on the internet (especially against people who can't provide their own actual argument).

If that reads as condescending, it's supposed to.

Gwadien

It's a bit concerning that Covid is turning into 'lynch your local paedo'.

:|

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom