Copy and paste after seconds try

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Does anyone else ever get this?

Everytime I go to copy and paste something it never works the first time. Say if I want to copy this text into Word I'd select it all and and ctrl C to copy it then go to Word and hit ctrl V and nothing happens, but if I do it again it's fine and continues to be fine for everything I copy after that. This is with Windows XP SP2, which I guess might be something to do with it?

I put up with it for ages thinking it was a dodgy keyboard, but it isn't because it still does it with a different keyboard.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
What happens if the first time you try it you right click and select copy, instead of the Ctrl-C?

Kryten

Old Cow.
Maljonic : Wondered the same myself a fair while ago, but now you've actually thought about it - you'll find it doesn't happen.

It's all in the mind! The first time round, you're not really thinking about it, and you're probably pressing ALT instead of CTRL, or hitting V or X instead of C - or you've not actually selected anything to copy ;)

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Kryten said:
Maljonic : Wondered the same myself a fair while ago, but now you've actually thought about it - you'll find it doesn't happen.

It's all in the mind! The first time round, you're not really thinking about it, and you're probably pressing ALT instead of CTRL, or hitting V or X instead of C - or you've not actually selected anything to copy ;)
Gah, that's unpossible! I just tried it using the mouse instead and it works fine, and of course works fine with the keyboard now too... maybe it is all in my own mind? I'd have to restart the computer to test it, but I dare not. :)

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Happens to me fairly often too, but only on Windows. Never had the problem on my Mac so I ponder if there is a bug in the Windows clipboard.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
There must be, it just did it to me now using the mouse right click and copy.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Yes, happens to me, manifests itself mostly in Firefox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom