cooklock nerf \o/

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Eputaja said:
Dont agree with you totally , hibs re most OP and mids are weak so mby you should think first of all of alb clerics who got specs and of sorcs etc...
alb alot stronger realm

ahaha :)

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
Bugz said:
Alb clerics are gd for two things - healng/shearing. If a cleric is nuking then he should have his balls chopped off. Specs are nice but bb's are nicer. One field spec buffer is nice for field rebuffing.

A nuke doesn't equate to having the util of 2 mid classes. Every caster has a nuke.

Lets' face it. A hib/mid group can get more utility in a group and have all the goodies.

Let's take one popular (out of many) base mid setups:

Healer pac/mend
Healer mend/aug
Shaman aug/cave

and one of many base hib setups:

Bard
Druid
Druid
Warden

Getting the same utility in an alb group for the mid group would require -

Sorceress
Cleric
Cleric
Cabalist
Friar

Yes, the friar adds ST etc. but having atleast 1 spec buffer for field buffing, 2 spread healers, base buffers for field buffing, 1 mezzer, 1 interrupter is key. Mid can achieve this with 3 classes for albion it takes 5. Cabalist isnt needed but favored.

This is all pretty much my opinion but i feel it justifies the point.

albs there have damage (best debuff nuker, and a good nuker)/and bg in there, where mids need classes added to get those?.

like i said every class has his utilities.

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
Alb clerics are gd for two things - healng/shearing. If a cleric is nuking then he should have his balls chopped off. Specs are nice but bb's are nicer. One field spec buffer is nice for field rebuffing.

A nuke doesn't equate to having the util of 2 mid classes. Every caster has a nuke.

Lets' face it. A hib/mid group can get more utility in a group and have all the goodies.

Let's take one popular (out of many) base mid setups:

Healer pac/mend
Healer mend/aug
Shaman aug/cave

and one of many base hib setups:

Bard
Druid
Druid
Warden

Getting the same utility in an alb group for the mid group would require -

Sorceress
Cleric
Cleric
Cabalist
Friar

Yes, the friar adds ST etc. but having atleast 1 spec buffer for field buffing, 2 spread healers, base buffers for field buffing, 1 mezzer, 1 interrupter is key. Mid can achieve this with 3 classes for albion it takes 5. Cabalist isnt needed but favored.

Gettin the same utility in an alb group for the hib group would require -

Sorceress
Cleric
Cleric
Friar

This is all pretty much my opinion but i feel it justifies the point.

End regen doesnt count as utility these days? noor spd 5 ? :eek:

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Devaster said:
End regen doesnt count as utility these days? noor spd 5 ? :eek:

Shaman offers end regen. Speed 5 is nice i guess especially with SoS changes inc.

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
Shaman offers end regen. Speed 5 is nice i guess especially with SoS changes inc.

u dont get the point

Bugz said:
Gettin the same utility in an alb group for the hib group would require -

Sorceress
Cleric
Cleric
Friar

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
You would also need to add an eldritch and enchanter to hib group to get the same nuking power and nearsight / dis etc, but then you would need ice wiz to get pb in alb grp, you cant compare it like that. FG vs FG is pretty damn balanced with a few imbalances atm.

In short, you are wrong and you are a retard.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Jobbegea said:
albs there have damage (best debuff nuker, and a good nuker)/and bg in there, where mids need classes added to get those?.

like i said every class has his utilities.

tbh stop talking, you're giving VP a bad (worse?) name

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Mids get mess/root etc, everything besides nukes really, and they still dont have any weak targets.. Id say thats a pretty big advantage. Add a BD to it and you got nukes and another bl interupts.. But i wouldnt call a bd a weak target.
/descuss

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Whatever u say about nerf WL I just reply; get a template.
I sometimes find high RRs with little or no resists in matter.
Get yer resists sorted instead of whining....

With 45-50% resists I do ~2k damage in 6-7s. Thats much less than a ordinary
caster. Only diffrence is that its uniteruptable. After thats used up Im up to a 1.7-1.9s cast time. And I even have augdex 4 and 8% cast speed. (369 dex)

If ur play alb or hib, dont u dare complain about OP mid casters... shame on u.

<period!>

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Nul said:

caster. Only diffrence is that its uniteruptable. After thats used up Im up to a 1.7-1.9s cast time. And I even have augdex 4 and 8% cast speed. (369 dex)

<period!>
lol get a clue. you saying you hit around 2K dmg in 6 seconds on 50% resists.

a normal caster does what ? around 300ish on that resist and can be interupted. and thats with resist pierce calculated

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Nul said:

<period!>

gee, only 2k damage... on 50% resists....

Who are these ordinary casters nuking for much more than 2k damage on 50% resists btw? or is this an ordinary caster bolting a level 1 with no resists compared to a warlock nuking a heavy tank in 50% resists here?

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Nul said:

<period!>

runie isn't so OPed, but SM WL and BD r fucking insane. perma BGed caster, insta death caster, and 1337x insta interupts caster.. mid doesnt have OPed casters ? right...

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Nul said:

<period!>

I have 26% Matter resists and the other night I had 50% matter from buffs. Still gettings nuked for 500 dmg. I have 1338 HP (missing 1 item to make it abit better) so I still die in 3 nukes... a WL cannot lose v any caster unless you get a wiz who bolts runs away and repeats or a chanter who gets a stun in, both of which are very unlikely.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Nul said:

<period!>

aye really! XDDD
http://chogall.mine.nu/sshot057.jpg <-- Thats on 40% resists and all dmg happened in ~2 seconds :)
And yes, this is after the nerf.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Hell no. I often get nuked for 500+ and cast time ~1s. 500 * 6 = !
And since most grps runs with DI and hibs have that spell ablitive i often makes
my instas useless.

My numbers might not be precise as well. Im comparing with my dark RM as
well that has more damage output. Why not whine about nerf RM??
The thing is that many has this friggin idea that WL still is OP and not look
at facts and compare. Just drop it.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
gee, only 2k damage... on 50% resists....

Who are these ordinary casters nuking for much more than 2k damage on 50% resists btw? or is this an ordinary caster bolting a level 1 with no resists compared to a warlock nuking a heavy tank in 50% resists here?

My numbers mighy not be precise. I will do a test on my BB tonight.
Im sure my dark RM outdamage my WL.
I start to regret talking about this w/o precise numbers... :p

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Nomans Land said:
I have 26% Matter resists and the other night I had 50% matter from buffs. Still gettings nuked for 500 dmg. I have 1338 HP (missing 1 item to make it abit better) so I still die in 3 nukes... a WL cannot lose v any caster unless you get a wiz who bolts runs away and repeats or a chanter who gets a stun in, both of which are very unlikely.

Must been a 50 hex WL. An perhaps a high RR WL.
Only takes 2-4s to die in any caster vs caster situation. WL or not.
The one that casts first usally wins.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Nul said:
Must been a 50 hex WL. An perhaps a high RR WL.
Only takes 2-4s to die in any caster vs caster situation. WL or not.
The one that casts first usally wins.

LOL, You are clueless... :twak:

JuTzU_XD

Fledgling Freddie
why wajn about warlocks when banshee got (high rr) 1.5 sec nuke doing 800 aoe everywhere in that spell and go trow walls etc

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
aye really! XDDD
http://chogall.mine.nu/sshot057.jpg <-- Thats on 40% resists and all dmg happened in ~2 seconds :)
And yes, this is after the nerf.

Well, at least 100 more damage than I do per nuke. I'd say I do ~350 max instead of 474.
As I said earlier, I do some testing tonight comparing my dark RM etc.

If he had 1-2 resists u could had /stick, F6 and go afk while killing him...
With my RM; I just root u, make some distance and nuke.
As a hib caster; q-cast stun and nuke. As a alb caster; q-cast mez make some distance and nuke. Regular casters have more options and can take more enemies in a row.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
JuTzU_XD said:
why wajn about warlocks when banshee got (high rr) 1.5 sec nuke doing 800 aoe everywhere in that spell and go trow walls etc

why awjn aboutu bajsnees when you can whine about thanes doiung 1634635 damage against every hibs molvik??????

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
why awjn aboutu bajsnees when you can whine about thanes doiung 1634635 damage against every hibs molvik??????
Can someone braid buff this idiot ??
Your class is just as OP as WLs. It’s just in different situations. You know it and that’s why you come up with a BS reply like you just did.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Mas said:
All albs would love that wouldnt they, all mid chars mostly useless so we become free rp's for the warder zerg... hmmmm why stop at thane, lets get the nerf to Valk proportions!

are you serious

-------

As annoying as it might seem banshees are more powerful than warlocks. Warlocks ruin 1 on 1, that is true, but they have no impact on fg vs fg at all. Banshees have to nuke though, so they're really not that unbalanced. No bging pet either and it's dead-obvious who is the banshee in any given group thanks to the morphkiller banshee morph.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Nul said:
Well, at least 100 more damage than I do per nuke. I'd say I do ~350 max instead of 474.
As I said earlier, I do some testing tonight comparing my dark RM etc.

maybe on people with aom2+ and high matter resist in template, plus red matter buff.. and trust me, very few people actually have that ;)

you should do quite a bit more on almost any target, 474 really doesn't seem far off regular damage for a wl.

If he had 1-2 resists u could had /stick, F6 and go afk while killing him...

or he would use some power RA or arti to finish him off? o_O dont tell me that a lighttank should only win against a wl if he gets some resists :p

With my RM; I just root u, make some distance and nuke.

or he'd just charge and banelord :p

As a hib caster; q-cast stun and nuke. As a alb caster; q-cast mez make some distance and nuke. Regular casters have more options and can take more enemies in a row.

stunning a det5 tank with stoicism for 1 second to let him tendril you to shit is nice idd.

there aren't so many options against a lighttank other then instakill with uninterruptable/insta spells, > warlock

and a mage without nearsight doesn't have much chance against a warlock heh, i remember getting mez/stun in on a warlock and nuked him after str/con debuff, but he had 50% cold resist and he didn't die during the duration. /face and instakilled me o_O

this was with 10% spellpierce, 9% spelldmg, 316 int (aqui3), mom3..

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
tbh this thread really does say alot for the calibur of player who plays warlock

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
tbh when ever u die to someone the person who killed u is always classed as overpowered. Its all this whining thats ruined the game, and brought so many nerfs to it.

People want all the classes to be the same and have no advantages or disadvantages...whats the point in having different realms then?

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
Can someone braid buff this idiot ??
Your class is just as OP as WLs. It’s just in different situations. You know it and that’s why you come up with a BS reply like you just did.

Yeh cuz i can easily walk up to a fg and instakill anyone in the grp and no solo chars can take me on 1v1. Only fcking comparison there is between warlocks and bainshees is that they both came with the catacombs expansion. Now kindly walk off, delete your warlock and try and forget why you made that idiotic post.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
maybe on people with aom2+ and high matter resist in template, plus red matter buff.. and trust me, very few people actually have that ;)

you should do quite a bit more on almost any target, 474 really doesn't seem far off regular damage for a wl.

Im 46 hex, I only have second highest LT. Even if I do 450+ dmg it has
a 2s+ cast time on WL with 50/20 spec. 2s and dex debuff. Zzzz...

Vodkafairy said:
or he would use some power RA or arti to finish him off? o_O dont tell me that a lighttank should only win against a wl if he gets some resists :p
Easily. Just a "matter" of template. Im talking about my own experince here..

or he'd just charge and banelord :p

stunning a det5 tank with stoicism for 1 second to let him tendril you to shit is nice idd.

there aren't so many options against a lighttank other then instakill with uninterruptable/insta spells, > warlock

Vodkafairy said:
and a mage without nearsight doesn't have much chance against a warlock heh, i remember getting mez/stun in on a warlock and nuked him after str/con debuff, but he had 50% cold resist and he didn't die during the duration. /face and instakilled me o_O
this was with 10% spellpierce, 9% spelldmg, 316 int (aqui3), mom3..

Perhaps u was ress sick? :p
I would drop like a rock...

We should remember that its a diffrence if its 8vs8, 1vs2+, zerg mode or 1vs1.
Some classes has advantages in particular scenarios. I can agree that I would prolly win if I resist a hib caster stun for example.
At some situations when chambers is used and Im OOP I dive into water or
hide somewhere spamming spreadheal with my slow powerless primer when in group.
No point trying to nuke in situations where I get interupted all the time with a castspeed ~1.8s. Try play ur caster w/o any dex buff and u get the feeling.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade said:
Yeh cuz i can easily walk up to a fg and instakill anyone in the grp and no solo chars can take me on 1v1. Only fcking comparison there is between warlocks and bainshees is that they both came with the catacombs expansion. Now kindly walk off, delete your warlock and try and forget why you made that idiotic post.

I would say its you that is talking out of your ass really. Warlock pre-nerf could do what you described, if picking a target with low matter and no DI up in group. Post-nerf I doubt that will happen, maybe if they pick a caster, no DI up, no matterresistbuff and semi-sleeping healers. 1 on 1 warlock is overpowered, but in a fg I would rather take a bainshee than a warlock any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom