Convoker traps VS, Stormlord trap

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Lo all; quick question: is there any difference (dmg wise) between the ML7 convoker ability dissonance trap and the stormlord ML9 ability energy tempest? I'd think that the stormlord one is more powerfull due to its higher ml ranking or is that justa myth?

Thanks.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ML lvl has nothing to do with the effectivness of a ability, it just happens to be the level you need to gain it

Energy tempest is a storm so is continuous dmg Dissonance Node is a trap so only hits them once (like a land mine)
VOS said:
You cast a Energy Tempest Spell!
You hit Higgor for 6 (-1) damage!
You hit Higgor for 20 (-4) damage!
You hit Higgor for 16 (-3) damage!
You critical hit for an additional 7 damage!
You hit Higgor for 38 (-7) damage!
You hit Higgor for 101 (-19) damage!
You hit Higgor for 138 (-26) damage!
You hit Higgor for 138 (-26) damage!
You hit Higgor for 121 (-23) damage!
You hit Higgor for 49 (-10) damage!
You hit Higgor for 64 (-12) damage!
You hit Higgor for 78 (-15) damage!
You hit Higgor for 63 (-12) damage!
You hit Higgor for 103 (-20) damage!
You hit Higgor for 97 (-19) damage!
You hit Higgor for 108 (-21) damage!
You hit Higgor for 126 (-24) damage!
You hit Higgor for 122 (-23) damage!
You hit Higgor for 135 (-26) damage!
You hit Higgor for 110 (-21) damage!
You critical hit for an additional 23 damage!
You hit Higgor for 87 (-17) damage

VOS said:
You cast a Dissonance Trap spell!
You inscribe a rune on the ground!
You hit Talana for 272 (-96) damage!
You hit Zilvyn for 106 (-55) damage!
You critical hit for an aditional 45 damage!
You hit Krulnak for 39 (-20) damage!
You hit Daebwin for 77 (-30) damage!

Saying that i have hit people for 400 dmg with a trap if they have bad resists, stack a few and they are insta dead :)

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
The ML9 Storm Lord ability hits other players in the area every set number of seconds not sure the exact time. But each hit goes for around 60-150 damage, depending on their resists.

Against Pets it normally hits around 200 damage a tick.

Handy disrupt tool. Helps for uncovering stealthers. But I found it most effective on relic raids. Stick 2 of them down in the doors w8in for the hibs/mids to come in and defend. Then also use ML10 so your ready with a nice big AE spell.

BTW ML10 wen using LT on somit like a sorc, I've hit for over 2000 damage in total and u do gain hp from each person in the area.

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for in the info guys :)

ML10 ability.. will need to look into that and how is works.. as well as getting ml10 ;)

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
ML9 stormlord (energy tempest or whatever its called :p ) is a pbae effect from the storm itself every 6 secs, pre 1.69 it was 90-140 damage a tick on lvl 50's with any resists (seemed more af based damage than resist).

Was the first on prydwen to play in RvR with it (farming MG's on my theurgist with small groups was fun), then the nerf came in and the damage ended up with huge fall off which means it didnt do enough damage even when stacked with 2+ (used 4+ myself), so turned in to an interupt storm over a damage storm (think of it as a cleric pbae smite or a lowbie reaver pbae).

NF's aparently changes it back to its old self which im looking forward too testing :)

Traps are good if you just want the damage there and then, storms are good if you want it more like a DoT with the added effect of constant interupt.

People will say that "storms can be moved so are pointless", and frankly these ppl havnt been stormlord, they are all covoker or a healer class thats just listening to the hype. Storms when moved are often so random that they end up in a worse posision for the person moving them than where they originaly were.

ML10 stormlord is a nice ae, with a 30% falloff once the original hit lands, so 1000 damage will turn in to a 333 damage on everyone but the original target, the cast time for it lets it down abit but once the buff it active its a pritty good effect, specialy for classes without any form of AE interupt :)

<end spam>

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Apparently vacuum vortex is changed so that it moves storms to your GT rather than to a random location in NF. ;-o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom