Convince me

T

throdgrain

Ok today is the last day of my current PS subs. I have to say, Im not a fan (understatement).
But maybe Ive missed something ? Go on, you got two hours to convince me Im wrong :)

W

Will

When I got bored of it, I redid all my certs. I've gone from your standard grunt to an infiltrator, and the game is much more fun now. I didn't even know you played, which side are you on Throd?

T

throdgrain

Vanu something ?
Basically, I bought it , played it for 15 minutes, realised it didnt work properly and stopped :)
Since then I have returned a bit from time to time, and have got it working at about 75% of what i'd expect , but I dont really have a clue :) I have a level 4 battle something I think lol

D

Deadmanwalking

Get in a land vehicle with me... makes the game so much more fu..scary.

W

Will

The game is best if you join an outfit and play with people you know.

Pay another month, defect to NC, and join us Throd.:)

D

Deadmanwalking

We offer scousers, geordies, scots and a variety of vehicles to die in.

T

throdgrain

Hmmm not convinced yet ...
Why doesnt it work properly fgs !! How do i get to fly an aeroplane ? Burning bloody questions !

W

Will

There was a patch which drastically improved some peoples frames per second rates. Though 1GB of RAM helps too.

And to fly a plane (though they are more like helipoppers) you need to get a cert in either Reaver (gunship), Mosquito (scout/fighter), Liberator (bomber) or Galaxy (boring dropship).

W

Will

I can run faster than a Galaxy. The only reason you want one is for hot-dropping and fag breaks.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

1. Read the manual (or about the cert system at least)
2. Don't play it like you play CS/RTCW
3. Join a decent outfit - because that's where teh fun(tm) is. ;)

E

Esoteric

BR 4 you can get that just by the training.

If you don't have a clue then you really haven't explored the game or made even a small effort.

If you said your br12 I've had enough see you in another game I'd think at least you gave it a decent bash and fair enough.

Why should we convince you, if you don't wanna play it stop paying for it and play something else. But tbh as I said at br 4 looks like you have the cba attitude, this toy is obvioulsy broke I have to make an effort to play it so I want something new, god help you if you move onto a online rpg.

Oh and :D

Also as ever, what uncle sick said.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by throdgrain
Hmmm not convinced yet ...
Why doesnt it work properly fgs !! How do i get to fly an aeroplane ? Burning bloody questions !

What do you mean by "doesnt work properly"?

Until you tell us in what way its not working no one can help you.

Also im afraid Sick is right (omg, did i actually say that? :)).

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Beautiful quotes... behold my new sig. :D

And don't be so harsh with the man/badger/badger-man - I was pretty much turned off by SW:G first. Now I wubs it.
I would just say - join a good outfit (like Barrys Squad... or even better - Phoenix Legion... or heck, lets just merge and all be friends ;)), check out what kind of role you want to play in your outfit and kill some ugly Vanu scum.

Bastards always need a trashing.
barney.gif

... give me a break. :eek:

E

Esoteric

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
Beautiful quotes... behold my new sig. :D

Can you at least add the persons name to the quote you quoted??!! :D

P

[PS]Nova

If you want to give it another try, think you said you were vanu, join Sovereign Guard for a month, see how it goes, you can always unsub after another month. :)

Up to you tho. Let us know if you do want to.

T

throdgrain

Originally posted by Esoteric
BR 4 you can get that just by the training.

If you don't have a clue then you really haven't explored the game or made even a small effort.

If you said your br12 I've had enough see you in another game I'd think at least you gave it a decent bash and fair enough.

Why should we convince you, if you don't wanna play it stop paying for it and play something else. But tbh as I said at br 4 looks like you have the cba attitude, this toy is obvioulsy broke I have to make an effort to play it so I want something new, god help you if you move onto a online rpg.

Oh and :D

Also as ever, what uncle sick said.

Posts like this only emphasize the divide between these semi role playing games and what Id call "proper" fps online games.
The reason I asked people to convince me is because I know some people , like will and scooba who's opinions I respect, play this game and seem to enjoy it. However the vast majority of other people I know think its a load of tosh.
The quote "it doesnt work" I would have thought was self explanatory from all the other posts on here documenting problems. The lag. When you go from inside to outside for example , and get a second stop, even with details turned down on my high end pc/ broadband.
Never mind, you have helped to convince me anyway, so well done ;)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by throdgrain
The quote "it doesnt work" I would have thought was self explanatory from all the other posts on here documenting problems. The lag. When you go from inside to outside for example , and get a second stop, even with details turned down on my high end pc/ broadband.
Never mind, you have helped to convince me anyway, so well done ;)

The lag experienced cant be realistically compared to DoD or CS or any other fps simply because of the scaling differences.

A few thousand players compared to 16 and a map scale infinitely bigger and much more complex, yer never going to get the kind of FPS that you get in CS or DoD on PS im afraid, no matter how good your machine or connection is.

I played CS from the first beta, same with DoD and for me PS is a good successor to T2 and a massive evolution in FPS gaming, its a shame you dont like it, but then again its not for everyone i guess :)

D

Deadmanwalking

It's not a massive evolution by any lengths, it just broadens the scope rather then raising it. Oh and Throdgrain is a "hardcore fps" player so i have no doubt that part of his reason for not likeing it was down to the lag/stops etc and not that fact he can't play it.
Saying that he did say one thing which almost made me piss myself laughing. ;)

La la I'm the happy hippy have a cup of tea on me and lets play tiddlywinks I love everyone la la la la life is good!

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking.
It's not a massive evolution by any lengths, it just broadens the scope rather then raising it. Oh Throdgrain is a "hardcore fps" player so i have no doubt that part of his reason for not likeing it was down to the lag/stops etc and not that fact he can't play it.
Saying that he did say one thing which almost made me piss myself laughing. ;)

La la I'm the happy hippy have a cup of tea on me and lets play tiddlywinks I love everyone la la la la life is good!

La la everyone is happy, I love your last paragraph.

La la la!

X

Xtro

Silliness edited, be like the happy hippy.

/edit: Faeldawn was well behaved, DMW - take your pills.

D

Deadmanwalking

Saying something like "Join an outfit" as a helpful comment, only then to have a dig at him (Be it it shyly or not), isn't very usefull or nice. So please stop being so uber.

EDIT: He wasn't being that nice and anyway it was more at people like Esoteric

F

Faeldawn

In that case i apologise, thought you were havin a go at me coz you quoted me a lil in the first line.

Aww, Xtro (oops, not Will), you never let us have any fun :)

X

Xtro

Originally posted by Faeldawn

Aww, Xtro (oops, not Will), you never let us have any fun :)

Got in at 6:15am severely drunk, had to get up at work for 8:00am. I need to be the happy hippy...:)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Xtro
Got in at 6:15am severely drunk, had to get up at work for 8:00am. I need to be the happy hippy...:)

lightweight ;)

X

Xtro

pfft! lol I actually didnt know where the hell I was when I woke up today and had to take a 45 min walk home before I could sink in the pit that is my room :p

Good night tho ;)

Users who are viewing this thread